• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most Boring Disc in Your Bag...

Probably Serpent b/c all I do is putt with it. It's starting to wear in a bit where I can hit the occasional jump-putt so the boredom is slowly subsiding but still.

2nd place: Trespass. It's tie dyed and comes out to avoid losing more important discs. Enough HSS to avoid nasty rough on the flip side (wait, is that where that expression comes from?!) and predictable fade. Ho-hum.

3rd Place: Breaker, too fun as a wooded tunnel go-for.

4th: Banshee, thumbers and FH rollers aplenty put it solidly in the "fun" category.

Chalk up another boring disc for RDG :|

We might just need to change our mission statement to "RDG: Crafting the markets most frequently used boring discs".

I think the less glidey Stable putters in general just fit the bill quite perfectly. For me this would be the Shield.

I think that Scale / Shield kind of disc will never float longer than you'd expect, it will never do any fancy late turn turnovers or big flex lines, but it is very predictable and an important tool for any player. There's no shame in that. :D

The XXX is a very boring disc for me. There is very little finesse associated with throwing it. All I need is pure beef, forehand or backhand, under 300' and a skip or spike. Also comes out for shorter thumbers, so it's basically an "I have no idea what to do on this shot. Might as well throw this" kind of disc.

Id have to say my kc pro roc that is overstable. It's just too domey for a comfortable flick shot! And if I need an os bh, I would much rather throw my os putter or firechicken

I carry a fresh DX Aviar just for one hole on my local course with stupid-close water danger (thanks to continued erosion the water is even closer than in the pics). If I play somewhere else, that disc waits in the trunk.

I would also agree that the super-OS slot is boring. I bag a nice old Z Flick that is fantastic in the role, but even a perfectly executed throw with it is strangely ho-hum.

Zone : throw it goes out and fades skips done. over and over and over all ways the same result nothing fancy. Dependable up disc. And boring also make my Game boring on open courses with skip upshot parking.

Interesting that there seems to be two ways people approach this. The overstable putter or the straight mid.

I have to go with the Buzzz. I love my Z Buzzz but I've had it so long I want to replace it just because I'm tired of looking at it. But there are lots of throws where it is just the best option. It's ridiculous that I even consider throwing something else sometimes.

I'd also say the Serpent.
Low glide, dead straight, fights wind well.
Just love that run of Fossil so much I can't get rid of them...

Boring disc

Champion Starfire. 175 g. Fairly beat. Super boring. You know what it's doing every time you throw it. Hence the fact that its in the bag. Boring, yet effective. Very nice utility driver. Just beyond the range of a Buzz, but short of something like a Boss.

beat pro TeeBird. My grippy and trusty throw it long low and sit down fairway. General use is as a safety / lay-up. I never super blast it and just go smooth.

I have a star max in my bag that only gets used for long or hard fading FH rollers. I might use it twice a month... Just cant figure out an MVP disc that I can roll so effortlessly. The wasp I have in the bag ATM is basically the same but for shorter rollers. I will throw it sometimes on longish approach shots, but my envy covers most of those shots.

Last edited:
Z-Cyclone
Not using it for every distance shot on the course like I did it's Tourney Plastic predecessors 20 years ago. It has now been relegated to control fairway duties where a touch of fade is required. Comes down to a choice between it and a Buzzz on a lot of shots and the Buzzz wins when I need pinpoint precision on a given shot.

If I have room for error I bring out the Cyclone and that makes it boring.

FD2- Nothing sexy about the flight of this disc. Performs well when powered down for approaches or when used to get out of trouble with cut rollers etc. Pure utility.

doesn't get any more boring than a kc pro roc.

in order to decrease the boring-ness I buy/throw/collect different colored ones like blue/pink/red/anything but boring white/cream.

before that it had to be the Aviar Putt and Approach. which is comparably as boring as a rancho roc.

My throwing Wizard du juor...point and shoot for straight to hyzer short drives and approaches. Yawn.