• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been shared somewhere before, but does anyone know why they went with a curved inner rim? I assume it was supposed to improve the release or something along those lines, but that seems to be one of the most common complaints about the Ion/Anode...

i believe it was to weed out the posers

seems to be one of the most common complaints about the Ion/Anode...

I really don't understand this and have no explanation for you but.... it took some serious getting used to vs driving my pures there is something about my finger tips fitting in there nicely for a power grip which I just have come to love in a driving putter.

I find that true that people complain about it. The same people also probably will not like driving with a kc aviar or maybe a wizard. It doesn't mean they should stop making them or shouldn't have designed it that way... thinking about the problem from the wrong end. It's a design that is classic, works well and quite comfortable for putting. Putters are putters first, drivers second, and by making their first couple releases in a classic style, they ensured their early success by not only designing using a classic and proven favored base to build from, they are phenomenal driving putters too if you can tolerate the shape. Great for a fan grip, maybe you should stop power gripping your putter ! Anode works great for a fan grip.

The only gripe I have about the anode/ion is in hard plastic and the fan grip negates that for me. Get a soft and that shoulder is much more manageable...I prefer to power grip so I went with soft.

Last edited:
^you were just using mediums that were too new. They IMO give a cleaner release for push putting and going to switch back come spring for putts.

Pretty sure wizards are squared off too its why I didn't like it when throwing both ion and wizard side by side. the plastic also was meh.. eraser blend?

I could easily use a soft anode as my driving putter. I also agree that the ion / anode work well w/ a fan grip. Maybe Axiom will come out with a similarly shaped putter w/ a squared off inner rim...

:thmbdown: No way!

being it damaged easier and showed up to my door warped without every fixing itself just getting worse... yeah pretty big :thmbdown: from me on that blend and few others I have felt up. I don't want a wonky ass looking putter which you cant shape back up and scuffs up like no ones business when trying to drive it. Had a few other wizards which I never threw but felt and they ranged from great feeling to :gross: that's gateway tho'

weird, pretty sure MVP durability is what sold MikeC over wizards and know they have some very durable blends but... OK!

no, no, i know what you mean. what i'm saying is, well, of course MVP's is more durable - it's premium plastic - but as far as baseline goes, gateway has the good ****. it is quite durable, but it's impossible to make a base plastic with the same durability as premium.

so i'm saying if you didn't like gateway's baseline, i'm saying more electron for me, since zam compared it to gateway's suregrip.

Odd. Gateway's plastic is very durable. Guess you won't like electron much either, then. :p. More for me!

Sure Grip plastic in anything but medium is anything but durable. I tacoed a brand new Chief on a tree and have heard the same from quite a few other players. I was the Wizard king on my home course. Still have a ton. But, I found the Envy and it kicked wizards and chiefs right out of the bag. I for one cannot wait for regular production electron plastic. MVP knows quality. Gonna be cool to get consistent, quality run discs from run to run.

no, no, i know what you mean. what i'm saying is, well, of course MVP's is more durable - it's premium plastic - but as far as baseline goes, gateway has the good ****. it is quite durable, but it's impossible to make a base plastic with the same durability as premium.

so i'm saying if you didn't like gateway's baseline, i'm saying more electron for me, since zam compared it to gateway's suregrip.

:hfive:

Sure Grip plastic in anything but medium is anything but durable. I tacoed a brand new Chief on a tree and have heard the same from quite a few other players. I was the Wizard king on my home course. Still have a ton. But, I found the Envy and it kicked wizards and chiefs right out of the bag. I for one cannot wait for regular production electron plastic. MVP knows quality. Gonna be cool to get consistent, quality run discs from run to run.

I think that has more to with the chief's design than the plastic. That this is as thin as a tortilla shell, no surprise it tacos. Wizards seem to season wonderfully, though, don't they?

I had a friend who taco'd a Wizard driving it into a tree 100 feet from the pad. They can certainly be taco'd as well. I am wary of driving with any Gateway base plastic because of that.

That would be way more awesome if it was an actual disc, and not a computer generated pic. Well at least it looks a fake pic anyway. Cant wait though!

That would be way more awesome if it was an actual disc, and not a computer generated pic. Well at least it looks a fake pic anyway. Cant wait though!

next year all mvp discs will be digital and available in the cloud, did you miss that announcement? im glad i kept all my analog overmolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts