• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hfive: If I was limited to carrying only 2 discs-- those would be the molds.

:clap:

I would say the volt is used more by me than any disc other disc in my bag (well except for putter obviously)

I can make it do pretty much whatever i want, crank on it and keep it pretty straight, throw a big hyzer with it, can also throw it low for a skip shot when encessary. It's my favorite disc. I just ordered a resistor and an amp to try out some other stuff, but i have been happy with the motion as well.

I do not putt with my ion, i like a bead. But the beat in ion i have is a perfect disc for 200 ft or so drives, can throw straight, but will also hold an anny or hyzer line for me.

yeah no big deal just the two most popular putter shapes ever created in dg...

Yeah but there are a million different putter shapes now, so the point is moot. That's like telling someone to only drink Budweiser or Coors when there are a bazillion craft beers out there to explore.

Yeah but there are a million different putter shapes now, so the point is moot. That's like telling someone to only drink Budweiser or Coors when there are a bazillion craft beers out there to explore.

you did NOT just compare the anode and ion to ****ing budweiser and coors. holy ****.

:wall::wall::wall::doh::doh:

im about to chaw man rage quit up in here.

between this and the current tourny threads.

where did all this cancer come from? and when will it stop?

Yeah the curved inner rim was why I always had trouble driving with the Anode/Ion. I like both of them as putting putters

This is me. Putt Anodes, but the Envy just grips better for me for drives.

It's somewhat analogous to the Aviar/Rhyno. Stability aside, of course, but I liked driving with the Rhyno better because the rim config just felt more comfortable in my throwing grip.

Ions fly so nice, but I get the release I want more consistently with the Envy (which coincidentally also fly nice.)

Holla bout Rhyno feel w/Envy aaaaand excuse my brag, the proto Electron as well. Omegas/Aviars are pretty square-jointed but the shoulder rise ends up being a lot like the rounded Ion/Anode flavor. I always liked how the flatty Rhynos would slam your fingers up into the corner, especially if it's nice chalky stuff.

you did NOT just compare the anode and ion to ****ing budweiser and coors. holy ****.

Calm down it was an analogy. Allow me to rephrase:

Aviar/Wizard = Bud/Coors
Anode/Ion = Blue Moon/Goose Island

That better? :p

We can let the Envy be something awesome, like Lagunitas.

Point being, there are a lot of people on here who like the Ion and Anode, but plenty who would rather try a different flavor. Was that so bad to mention?

Holla bout Rhyno feel w/Envy aaaaand excuse my brag, the proto Electron as well. Omegas/Aviars are pretty square-jointed but the shoulder rise ends up being a lot like the rounded Ion/Anode flavor. I always liked how the flatty Rhynos would slam your fingers up into the corner, especially if it's nice chalky stuff.

So, can a disc that hasn't been released yet get knocked out of my bag? by a second one?

El. putters sounding more and more like Proxy-killers.

I'm sure this has been shared somewhere before, but does anyone know why they went with a curved inner rim? I assume it was supposed to improve the release or something along those lines, but that seems to be one of the most common complaints about the Ion/Anode...

Status
Not open for further replies.