• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^what rock has this guy been hiding under?

^what rock has this guy been hiding under?

I need to hire Nolan to write me a joke for this response.

Seriously though its ben a crazy year and just got out of the habit of coming on here. Played my first singles disc tourney of the year the other day. Bad first round put me out of it but I had fun in the other two rounds and was able to show off and talk up MVP and Axiom a good amount. I came 12 inches latterly from acing that last whole of the tourney with my crave in front of a gallery!

For whatever reason in Maine the addition of high speed drivers and the electron atom's has finally put MVP and axiom of the hump in terms of being regarded as one of the legit disc manufacturers. There are three essentially 1000 rated players in Maine (one 996) and I am friendly with the two that are unsponsored. Both have been asking me more and more about it all and the Scott Stokely thing is going to push things even further in that direction. And many of the younger pros and ams are of course more and more into and curious about the Richardson bros plastic too. At least 5 times over the weekend "is that an all MVP axiom bag?" All but a zone, I reply :) , and folks definitely think it is cooler now where at one point it was just eccentric.

My old favs this year remain, Servo, Crave and Envy, but new favorites are appearing too. The Proxy has really helped me BH tight holes which I used to wimp out and try to FH. It is almost same flight as the crave for me but in putter distance. I putt with a hard Atom and fan grip a soft one for anything under Proxy distance where I dont flick a zone. I love the high speed stuff too. Neutron Photon for FH's and BH hyzer, Fission Photon for straight to hyzer, Wave for tailwind, Orbital is an amazing BH roller distance disc, and I am using a Phase in replacement of a Motion for now. Also the Fission Volt is my go to for anything with a small gap way down the fairway or for turnover FH's in the woods. I've also been carrying a Virus and the Wrath has replaced the Tesla in my bag for now. Also love the small rim and throwability of the Relay. It's been a great year to be a fan of MVP and Axiom.

I am really loking forward to seeing Stoakly perform with MVP and Axiom. I also may give the two 1000 rated kids under 25 a few discs each if I get the chance as they are more and more willing and these kids are very talented and get a lot of "what disc was that?" and would likely help grow MVP and Axiom interest here in Maine. I am signed up for another Open tourney in a few weeks so I can try to get over the hump and finally cash in pro. Saturday morning I missed 7 putts inside the circle :-(, but in the afternoon round only 1 miss inside the circle. Improved 10 strokes :-/ . Then played doubles and made everything inside of 50 ft shooting a 41 and one stroke off the record with an old guy. So the skills are there for me I just have to get over the hump with my jitters playing against an open field. I also bought a house so once I get caught up on those bills I look forward to committing some more money to pro tourneys' as that's what it's going to take for me to keep pushing forward. There is a pdga tourney this coming weekend but im not sure about the course so im on the fence. Thanks if you stayed with me for my little novel here but that's whats been up with me. Good to see all you guys still on here! Cheers to Brad and Chad as I've been realy proud to watch MVP and now Axiom grow. Keep huckin!

This weekend Scott Stokely won an A-Tier including a 1072 personal best round using some MVP

Are you guys surprised he chose the Theory as his mid range? Issn't the Theory super under stable for high power throwers?

You clearly haven't hyzer-flipped yours. Go outside right now and try it. There come back and tell us how much more you love your Theory.

You clearly haven't hyzer-flipped yours. Go outside right now and try it. There come back and tell us how much more you love your Theory.
1) I don't have one and have never thrown one. 2) That has nothing to do with my question. :)

1) I don't have one and have never thrown one. 2) That has nothing to do with my question. :)
1. You need one[emoji3]
2. Not suprised. It's a great glider that has extremely controlled turn if not thrown with a flip.

I use mine with great success if I'm roughly 80-120' from the basket and I need it to go straight.

Are you guys surprised he chose the Theory as his mid range? Issn't the Theory super under stable for high power throwers?

He seemed to suggest he grabbed some plastic from the box, tried it out and that it stuck, I thought.

That said, Theory is not a push over HSS wise, nothing like a Tursas, for example. It's a line holder to the ground where the Tangent and Alias will LSS out at some point. Useful for a range of power levels.

I can throw the theory one nice glide hyzers past 300' and same for huge sweeping annys. Very versatile mold for being slightly understable. It is super easy to make fly straight too.

everyday I wait for the Aug. dealer release info and dream it is going to say electron ions/anodes.

Friday? MVP has been going so hard maybe its a sleeper month.

That's awesome Menacewarf! Enjoyed the post. Good luck with everything.

Just in case you guys haven't seen these yet....

Death by Basket!!:thmbup:
11891096_10153614856361340_2028032866067625171_n.jpg

The Nati Disc golf is getting in the Halloween spirit. Multiple molds and plastics available.

Electron Anode would be fantastic! I think we are gonna get molds in Proton AND Plasma soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts