• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to see a DX-type plastic from MVP in the future, that would be awesome. the overmold would help keep it from getting scuffed up as much, but you'd still get the extra grip and possibly/probably stages of wear.

Two years ago I was really into the idea of MVP baseline, but at this point I don't know if I would switch putters even if they did debut it.

If this ever does happen it will be long ways down the road imo. There are just so many issues involved in doing this...MVP's process molds discs twice, so it's expensive. Most their discs reflect this in that they cost slightly more. This works now because their discs are so high quality and durable, but I'm not sure people would want to pay the extra money for a disc that is going to get chewed up with use. I also have a feeling it would hurt the MVP guys to see their discs get chewed up:p...Durability is something that the brand is synonymous with as well, and it helps them differentiate from the larger companies as a specialty disc maker. I could perhaps see it when MVP IS one of the big players and their branding is more well-established.

I have zero interest in baseline MVP.

Things I would like to see:
- Soft Neutron plastic
- Understable mid-range
- Super overstable approach (something between the Zone and Gator)

I dont drink, so no..I have visited this thread at least 20+ times now only to find the same b.s.
of gee when is this gonna be released? And I bet its like this, and, no i think its gonna be this.
Its as if they post just to post, no real insight or info...just crap.
And on that note, I wont check it again.
And this is the definition of a troll....

- Soft Neutron plastic
- Understable mid-range

These things(more or less) seemed to be pretty high priority when I talked to the MVP guys last month.:thmbup:

Just got my first round in this 171. I had to frequently refresh DGC for a week to get the last light one. Looks real nice in the air on my up shots.

IMAG0240.jpg

Two years ago I was really into the idea of MVP baseline, but at this point I don't know if I would switch putters even if they did debut it.

If this ever does happen it will be long ways down the road imo. There are just so many issues involved in doing this...MVP's process molds discs twice, so it's expensive. Most their discs reflect this in that they cost slightly more. This works now because their discs are so high quality and durable, but I'm not sure people would want to pay the extra money for a disc that is going to get chewed up with use. I also have a feeling it would hurt the MVP guys to see their discs get chewed up:p...Durability is something that the brand is synonymous with as well, and it helps them differentiate from the larger companies as a specialty disc maker. I could perhaps see it when MVP IS one of the big players and their branding is more well-established.

Plus I'd have some big concerns about a baseline core eroding and separating from the overmold. Not sure if that is possible with their process, but a serious gouge near the point of connection could also drastically change flight, I'd think (not that it isn't an issue with any baseline disc, of course).

- Soft Neutron plastic
- Understable mid-range

An understable mid to counter the Fuse?

I'd buy a super overstable mid from them in a heartbeat. Something like a fresh DX Viper, but in MVP plastic? Ooooo, that sounds so nice.

wow you guys are crazy.. just because i suggest a different feeling plastic doesn't mean "low quality" or "base line" i dont see why they cant just make a plastic that feels more chalky, gummy, etc..? Anything... i just dont always like to throw these glossy feeling discs all the time, sometimes i need a diferent feeling plastic in wet/cold/sandy conditions..

get real guys.. this glossy plastic they have works great for normal conditions, but anything other than normal conditions and they become harder to grip.

i took my Neutron Ion out for a spin today and it landed in some very fine dusty dirt and my fingers just slipped all over the disc when trying to keep a grip... it SUCKED.

Most importantly, why wont they make Stiff discs.. this is what many of the people i play with want.. i talked to Dave Feldberg about MVP briefly and he said he didnt like how soft these discs are, He and I agreed that its harder to have a consistent grip and flight when you cant even get a solid firm grip on your disc.

So 2 things...

1 - Plastic with a different feel or consistency
2 - Plastic that is more stiff and allows for consistent grip and flight

Now im going to get flamed by some MVP fan boy tards im sure..
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MVP discs! i just want them to be the best in every way :)

This is my feedback to MVP

Also,

For you kids out there: I understand you like these soft discs because you think its cool or it feels like it will absorb chains better.. and that may be the case, but higher level players want consistency in grip, release, flight and you need to respect the fact that other people have different interests and viewpoints as far as disc characteristics go.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but to me Proton is stiff. It's slick at times but it has no give to it.

As for the dust...just take a damp microfiber towel with you. I never play a round without one.

The the midrange protons are VERY stiff and honestly I've never had a problem with the grip and we've been going through a drought in Nebraska for the last month. Humidity+heat+MVP= no real problems for me. Then again I use a towel and aren't overly picky.

Yeah--my normal (i.e. not soft) MVP are all very stiff. It always surprised me that, with so little give, they took tree hits as well as they did.

Also, I've never had grip issues with Proton.

haha.. well still, theres no reason they cant make a different feeling plastic besides "glossy"

your all avoiding my suggestion like good little fan boys.. thats ok, i understand. I love MVP too :)

Why cant the discs be better? why should i have to cary a towel with me when i just want to drink a beer and carry 1 or 2 discs with me while im with friends? should i really have to whipe mydisc off after every throw? i dont think so.. MVP can make a plastic that is grippy in all conditions, we have the technology.

Last edited:
haha.. well still, theres no reason they cant make a different feeling plastic besides "glossy"

your all avoiding my suggestion like good little fan boys.. thats ok, i understand. I love MVP too :)

Why cant the discs be better? why should i have to cary a towel with me when i just want to drink a beer and carry 1 or 2 discs with me while im with friends? should i really have to whipe mydisc off after every throw? i dont think so.. MVP can make a plastic that is grippy in all conditions, we have the technology.

Well for now, you need to suck it up or bring a towel with.

How do you suppose they make a non-glossy feeling disc? Add texture? Have you ever thrown on of the 2nd run Ions? The texturing on the bottom is super slick.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but to me Proton is stiff. It's slick at times but it has no give to it.

As for the dust...just take a damp microfiber towel with you. I never play a round without one.

yes you are misunderstanding me.

some people like stiff plastic, have you ever thrown a stiff aviar? its easy to have a perfect consistent release each time because it has absolutely NO GIVE.

and like i said, some people prefer different characteristics, "to you" its stiff.. but to me its soft. Hence why they put "soft" and "Medium" on the protons.

Maybe you cant read? im not sure.

I think they should add a Harder plastic to the lineup as well as a different feeling disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts