• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the anode and Ion used the same core but I just was looking at the PDGA approved list and it says the height of the anode is 1.9 and the height of the ion is 1.6. do they actually use different cores?

No. The cores of the Anode, and Ion are identical.

The only difference is the overmold, which is unique to each disc that MVP manufactures.

I prefer a bead, and putt with the Ion, btw.

Do you like going straight for the chains or letting the disc slow down and hyzer in?

If you check out www.youtube.com/thediscgolfvids I have a ton of footage of both being used for putts, drives and upshots. I'd recommend the Arboretum B pins video to check out Ions and the Anode Test video, or Soft Anode test video to watch them fly.

Mike C iv e watched your videos of all MVP product releases and gotta say you do a great job with that.

Yes I prefer to go right at the chains 60%, 30% Hyzer and Floater 10%

I will get one of each an give em a go.

Can I see the difference between the pink and the hot pink neutron discs?

107137f0abf13d291673dd24c634fd8b.jpg

I have the hot pink (sold to me as Magenta) Volt and it is my favorite MVP disc.

Money. :D

Oh man. Throwing Portage Lakes right now and just got a 2 on a 450' heavily wooded par 4 throwing a huge Volt turnover then sinking a long, uphill jump putt. Felt great.

Oh man. Throwing Portage Lakes right now and just got a 2 on a 450' heavily wooded par 4 throwing a huge Volt turnover then sinking a long, uphill jump putt. Felt great.

That's what it's all about. :thmbup:

You'll get to see it too, along with some other awesome shots....and some pretty bad shots. You'll understand when you see how many trees were in my way :D

Get get enough of the volt, hyzer flip forehand, nice small s curve then comes back for great distance! great for getting in between trees. Can't wait to try the shock as well!

My new run shock is working great on 400' holes that end hard left and have tight lanes. i can put a lot of power on it and i know it wont turn and miss the gap, just be ready for the sweeping fade that kicks in early. good for any long fairways that end left. Wish i had some holes over 400' to test it on, i feel like i could put unlimited amount of power into my shocks and they would be able to handle it.

My new run shock is working great on 400' holes that end hard left and have tight lanes. i can put a lot of power on it and i know it wont turn and miss the gap, just be ready for the sweeping fade that kicks in early. good for any long fairways that end left. Wish i had some holes over 400' to test it on, i feel like i could put unlimited amount of power into my shocks and they would be able to handle it.

Agreed! I had an excellent drive with mine on #18!

#6 is that 450' birdie I was talking about. Also had two nice Volt drives on 13 and 14. Such a versatile driver...

Agreed! I had an excellent drive with mine on #18!

#6 is that 450' birdie I was talking about. Also had two nice Volt drives on 13 and 14. Such a versatile driver...

Nice playing and editing. My GF's family is from ohio so it would be fun to try to meet up and play when I visit again either this year or next.

Have you played Punderson? that is my "home " course when I am there and I am very impressed with what the club has accomplished there. Very legitimate and challenging blues tees turn a sweet little red course into a pretty amazing package IMO.

I'd be down for a meet up. I have not tried that course yet...there are a couple North of PLSPDGC I still need to go play.

Status
Not open for further replies.