• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the flights of the Axis differ across plastics? Compared to a 175g green first run? I am throwing Fugitives now, recently traded buzzzs for them. I'm specifically curious as to whether the neutron or eclipse fly noticeably different than the protons.

My Neutron Axis fly a little more stable than my ESP Buzzz and even more so that my FR Fugitive (now sold). I cannot comment on other plastic though, Neutron is all I got...

FWIW, I also threw I fugitive for a little while, and it wasn't as stable as a Buzzz if memory serves me right. It flew more like a MVP Tangent I believe... I now have a Tangent, and it feels really good in the end (flatter than a fugitive) and can be used as a laser approach disc.

I'm fine with anyone not throwing a Teebird, or even wanting a whole MVP lineup. I have plenty of MVP stuff myself. I just don't get the need to bash other brands as justification for having an all-MVP lineup. If you want to have an all-MVP bag, that's cool. Just have it. No need to bash on other stuff to make it sound OK.

You cant say lightning makes good discs haha. Innova made me mad. Never got a valk that flew like my old one. That was my favorite disc, hard to show any love.

Had a few runs with the Tensor today during doubles. My team birdied half the course to win the round.

I've never played in a doubles game but hope to this summer, what are the rules like?

You and your partner each drive, then pick whichever one drive you want to throw from, and each putt from there. It's a lot of fun and can change how you play some. Partner parks a 100' upshot, you might as well run the chains etc.

Damn that sounds like a blast! Seems like it'd take a lot of pressure off of you too since you get another shot essentially lol

You cant say lightning makes good discs haha. Innova made me mad. Never got a valk that flew like my old one. That was my favorite disc, hard to show any love.

Hey, now. Lightning actually makes some decent discs. People only hate on them because they never produce anything new.

I'll have him slapped around... they're there right now, they should've known those discs would be available today, mid-day or earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Zam. I did not see your reply until Friday evening. Tournament went longer than I expected yesterday so I went to DN store today and grabbed 3 E-Tangents and Tensors. I asked for Nano and only got red one and guy said Nano were selling like crazy and are out of Proton ones and more will come in couple of weeks!

Damn that sounds like a blast! Seems like it'd take a lot of pressure off of you too since you get another shot essentially lol

Doubles are nice. I got second in High Low Doubles at leagues because every 25 foot put you get to shots.

tZreYz0.jpg

my overmold collection is growing

I just bought my first MVP discs this past weekend in Knoxville. Neutron Ion, Eclipse Anode and one of each Nano. I have a ways to go before I rival yours nolangherity :)

Just got my first eclipse disc in the mail yesterday, and I have to say, eclipse has to be the greatest, most creative and spot-on naming of anything in all of the disc golf world ever. Period.

(also, there was just a partial lunar eclipse in Europe a few days ago and one in the Americas at the end of the month...couldn't have been a better time to release a new eclipse disc!)

Just got my first eclipse disc in the mail yesterday, and I have to say, eclipse has to be the greatest, most creative and spot-on naming of anything in all of the disc golf world ever. Period.

(also, there was just a partial lunar eclipse in Europe a few days ago and one in the Americas at the end of the month...couldn't have been a better time to release a new eclipse disc!)

With all due respect to the fine gentlemen of MVP Disc Sports, I think Latitude 64's "Moonshine" glow line might have them beat in the naming department. Eclipse does capture the design well, though.

I'm looking for an Eclipse Vector, but in UV/Ice Blue and lightest weight possible.

Anyone know where something like that and someone like me could get acquainted??

I'm looking for an Eclipse Vector, but in UV/Ice Blue and lightest weight possible.

Anyone know where something like that and someone like me could get acquainted??

Call any of the sponsoring companies at the top of the page, be it Marshall Street, Dynamic, Disc Nation, etc. I would also call Clearwater Disc Golf. Their website is admittedly not as up to date as some of the others, but they by far make up for it with customer service. If they don't have any in stock ask if you can get one added to the next MVP order at your favorite retailer.

An even better answer would be to support your local shop. I know this may not work as everyone does not have somewhere local to them to pick up discs.

Good luck.

http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/

I admit I am a little biased because I live near them. But I can tell you that their inventory and customer service is amazing. They will dig to find discs for you too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts