• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Phenn: I hear ya on those ace runs. I've been averaging a couple solid runs every round I've played since I've bagged these guys.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that someone on here is going to ace with a Volt within a week of this post...My yellow one actually got a little chunked in the overmold by coming down hard on a number plate (damn Mach IV).

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that someone on here is going to ace with a Volt within a week of this post...My yellow one actually got a little chunked in the overmold by coming down hard on a number plate (damn Mach IV).

With my luck I'm going to get an ace while testing it out and feel compelled to keep it in the bag. Or maybe I'll just sign and mount my only volt after we try out picnic island and I get an ace!

I've got 3 of them now and I'm itching to get out to throw them as well as my new Vibram Lace prototype. Damn Michigan and our cold weather and my late nights at work!

You know that feeling you have when you're waiting for the mailman to come, so you check the mail eight times a day, even though you know he generally comes after 3:00?

Yeah, that's been me, all day. Stinkin' Volt. I wasn't even that excited when I ordered it, but something about new plastic coming in the mail does this to me.

I got an ace when i was giving the disc its test run. I wasn't a big ace but it still felt amazing. I still feel like i haven't unlocked the potential of the disc.

I've got 3 of them now and I'm itching to get out to throw them as well as my new Vibram Lace prototype. Damn Michigan and our cold weather and my late nights at work![/QUOTE]

Man I feel you. I've gotten out of work later every night and its dusk by the time I'm home. Even worse is that I work outside and get to drive by all of the courses regularly.

Damn Michigan and our cold weather and my late nights at work!

I got 9 holes in at Grand Woods tonight, and I'm looking forward to Saturday, a buddy and I are heading out to Independence Lake. :D Gonna knock my Volts into some trees on hole 1! I need to get my driving form back up to snuff, I was in total putter/mid mode tonight. Took some field throws afterward and put my Fuse and my new Ti Buzzz out farther than my Volts. (~310') :confused:

Finally got my Volt out to the field, and I dig it. It's an orange 169, and I am a low power guy, but it flew pretty consistently with what others said. Nice glide, straight with fade, good in a moderate wind, and not too nose angle sensitive. I couldn't turn it over to save my life, but it seems like most people were saying the same about the stability of the ones in the 160s. Whenever I put some anny on it, it would flatten back out, but still go pretty far. If it beats in a little bit and can be a little more shapeable on an anny, it'll win a spot in the bag. I'm giving it a fair shake for the whole month, which is more than I usually give new discs.

One last observation: The Volt certainly feels easier to throw than the Axis and Vector out of the box. And, it doesn't feel like as much of the weight is concentrated around the rim like the mids. Much easier to throw than I was expecting.

Volts are back at MST. And I think onemilemore was right. The only light ones are blue and orange again. Maybe MVP's next run will have some 169 pinks.

So I just finished my third field session with my volts a 168 black and a 175 neon green. (Thanks Justin!)
I have found that the 175 is quite a bit less stable than the 168. I could eek out just a tiny amount of turn on a 360' throw with the 168, but the 175 required either more height (so it didn't turn and burn) or hyzer. I really enjoy both, and love the way it feels in the hand. I think these are different enough that both might make the bag, still debating on the 168 vs my ppd and the 175 vs river.

Pretty much the same findings as everyone else, not a head wind disc, fun to throw, and far from a miracle distance maker, but a good disc none the less.

I have a black 170g coming to me. I'm curious where the line for this lower wieght=more overstability lies, or if it's just a bizarre gradual thing up to the more understable max weights?

I have a black 170g coming to me. I'm curious where the line for this lower wieght=more overstability lies, or if it's just a bizarre gradual thing up to the more understable max weights?

I am also wondering if lower powered players like myself snagged the lower weights and still aren't getting it up to speed, thus making it look more stable. I don't have a heavier one to compare.

I got 9 holes in at Grand Woods tonight, and I'm looking forward to Saturday, a buddy and I are heading out to Independence Lake. :D Gonna knock my Volts into some trees on hole 1! I need to get my driving form back up to snuff, I was in total putter/mid mode tonight. Took some field throws afterward and put my Fuse and my new Ti Buzzz out farther than my Volts. (~310') :confused:

Very nice, I might make it out to Independence Saturday as well, it's only about 10-15 minutes from my place. and kinda on my way home from work. From the sounds of it, I should be able to shape some good lines for that course, especially on the new extras!

I am also wondering if lower powered players like myself snagged the lower weights and still aren't getting it up to speed, thus making it look more stable. I don't have a heavier one to compare.

My 168 turns like my 173s, but it finishes with a harder fade. My 175 however has almost no turn. This is with the volts pushing 425'.

I threw a 173 IIRC at DN. It didn't do well for me at all. Too heavy for my hamburger shoulder. It flew much the same as my light one BH. :( With my 169 Blue, BH is between a TB and PD and FH is like a TL. I'd like to try this sucker out at or about 165/6. Probably won't ever happen, but it would be nice.

FWIW, I played a mini on Monday with it. Every time I got it out save two, it did well for me. Parked up close, just like I like it. :clap: The two bad throws were tree incidents.:\ I feel a lot better after seeing it in real action. Still have a lot to unlock with it.

Has anyone gotten any natural beauty Volts. I got this one with some marbling on the front and back.

20121101_194551.jpg

20121101_194529.jpg