• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Didn't have time to go to the course, so I worked out the Volts in the field again. I feel like I'm getting a good feel for these discs. Instead of maxing out at 260-270, I was consistently hitting that distance, and probably would have skipped farther had I not been throwing onto fine gravel.

After round two of field testing, I know this disc is definitely going to stay in my bag. It is very predictable, and I can rip it flat without worrying about it getting away, or turning over. On the hyzer throws, it rode the hyzer the whole flight all the way to ground. I can think of a couple holes at my home course this will work perfect on.

MVP has delivered a great product once again.

Volts are back at MST. And I think onemilemore was right. The only light ones are blue and orange again. Maybe MVP's next run will have some 169 pinks.

i have a pink 169. were there only a few of these made? i got it from disc nation when the production stamps went on sale and it was the only one.

i have a pink 169. were there only a few of these made? i got it from disc nation when the production stamps went on sale and it was the only one.

From what I've been noticing, there were very few light pink ones in these initial inventories.

My orange one has some concentric swirling around the disc, but I'd hesitate to describe it as 'natural beauty' I did strip the stamp with lacquer thinner, and we'll see how it looks in the sunlight tomorrow.

And there are pink 170g Volts with the DN barstamp up right now

169s and under have been rare in general. Only 5-10% of the stock has been in the 160s

My 168 turns like my 173s, but it finishes with a harder fade. My 175 however has almost no turn. This is with the volts pushing 425'.

I stand corrected. I'd be curious if anyone can pinpoint why the lighter ones are fading harder.

That being said, my 169 Volt faded less than my 167 Opto Saint.

still waiting to throw the volt even though I had one pre-ordered from community. Bastard refunded my order because I didn't choose a specific disc, just gave him a range and told him to send away. F- that store and that guy, won't order from there ever again. So, here I am more than a week after release and no volt, even though I pre-ordered.

still waiting to throw the volt even though I had one pre-ordered from community. Bastard refunded my order because I didn't choose a specific disc, just gave him a range and told him to send away. F- that store and that guy, won't order from there ever again. So, here I am more than a week after release and no volt, even though I pre-ordered.

So you're mad that he refunded your money due to lack of specificity? :doh:

I can understand the frustration, but I highly doubt personal attacks are necessary. By all accounts, everyone else who has ordered from Community has been beyond satisfied with the service.

And if you were that excited about the Volt that you pre-ordered, couldn't you have been more specific with your request? This just kind of confuses me.

why you would pre order is beyond me, but flaming a respected member and a great storefront when he clearly said he was blasted. c'mon man send the guy an email or pm on here, don't waste time with that in this thread. get over yourself its a piece of plastic.

Haha many messages were exchanged with him. In fact I gave him 2 messages with specifics on discs and that I valued faster shipping over exact weight color combo (on a disc I've never thrown I don't care what weight, so I gave him a range and said bright colors are fine). After he refunded my money I continued to email him regarding my order and that I'd still like it completed and he completely ignored me. So yeah, F that guy. Gotta take the bad with the good.

169s and under have been rare in general. Only 5-10% of the stock has been in the 160s

That's kind of a bummer for guys like me looking to use the Volt in a distance capacity. Hope some ~165g or under become a bit more prevalent eventually.

That's kind of a bummer for guys like me looking to use the Volt in a distance capacity. Hope some ~165g or under become a bit more prevalent eventually.

This seems to be a recurring request that hopefully MVP is listening to and figuring out how to fulfill. If they do, it will be freakin' gangbusters!

I am certain they are working on getting weights down, what the hell else would they be doing, making a more stable volt i think not.... or an uberstable putter.....mmm or a understable mid..... ditch all those ideas and give us some 160s mids and more 160s volts please!!!

MVP won't put out lighter discs until they can put out the BEST light discs. I've already had a few discussions about lighter discs in person with them and they've got a lot of ideas as of what to do as well as what to avoid. They were the first to tell me that lighter discs are less stable than heavier ones because of how they are made, not because it is an inherent property of lighter discs.

They have already made progress. Never thought I'd see an Axis below 178...and now I have a 174 N Axis.:thmbup: Give them time, it will most likely happen one day. If they are watching the Volt sales, they no doubt know they need to get on that horse. Lighter weights were the first to go on most sites.