• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Could this bag look anymore ghetto? I mean look at that putter pocket. lol. Shocking so many people think this is an option from a Grip bag. Save your pennies and buy the real thing. I wouldnt even play if i was forced to use this bag, id be that embarrassed walking around with it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I would be embarrassed to play with it, but it surely isn't even close to a substitute. It's like walking around with a gym bag and calling it a discarrier or a Lat64 pro bag.... I've seen a couple of these on the course and they just aren't even a close substitute. Sure they are a functional backpack bag but that's about it. I think it's great to have a thread to help others on a budget make a decent bag, but let's be honest with ourselves and each other

All kidding aside, these bags are an affordable alternative to the Grip. The bag I was using previously was a small carry-all with the jox shox straps. It sagged and it hert me lower back something awful. These bags are affordable and have decent back support. I cannot afford to drop $200 on a bag. That $200 is better spent on groceries, gas, heating oil, home repair, mortgage. I just can't justify it. You get what you pay for but just because something is twice or 3x the price does not make it 2wice or 3x as nice.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I would be embarrassed to play with it, but it surely isn't even close to a substitute. It's like walking around with a gym bag and calling it a discarrier or a Lat64 pro bag.... I've seen a couple of these on the course and they just aren't even a close substitute. Sure they are a functional backpack bag but that's about it. I think it's great to have a thread to help others on a budget make a decent bag, but let's be honest with ourselves and each other

What is this bag lacking that makes it not "even close to a substitute?"

What is this bag lacking that makes it not "even close to a substitute?"

True insulated bottle holders (2 of them), solid stability without having to build your own PVC frame, designated mini pocket, pencil pockets, rainfly, rails on the bottom, choosing between tucking in the front flap and losing the pockets for storage or always having to open the front flap to get discs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the DIY bag. I have two in my sig. But he's right, they're not true substitutes for bags built for disc golf. They're cheaper and they hold discs. If that's what you're after, then spend less and enjoy. Nothing wrong with it.

For those of you that think this bag (original, smaller one) is not a good substitute I respect your opinion but choose to disagree.

It works perfectly for me as a disc golf bag. It provides me with all the storage I need and it has a price point that I think is fair.

^ Many of us are genuinely greatful you shared this find with us. IMHO, there's no greater bag for the buck. If you're willing to be ever so slightly creative (and I do mean slightly), it does everything most disc golfers need quite well for the price of a typical 18-20 capacity bag before straps, and about fourth the cost of most backpack style bags. It's benefits are many, its compromises few. Those who want to pay another $150 or so for a dual insulated drink holders and certain other ecoutrements are free to do so.

Could this bag look anymore ghetto? I mean look at that putter pocket. lol. Shocking so many people think this is an option from a Grip bag. Save your pennies and buy the real thing. I wouldnt even play if i was forced to use this bag, id be that embarrassed walking around with it.

I get compliments from people with grip bags all the time. You go ahead and spend half your rent check on a grip. In the meantime, I'm sure mine will last just as long as yours will if not longer. This thread speaks for itself.

Oh well, people gonna hate.

:popcorn:

I cannot believe people are attacking this bag. I have owned this and the grip. I had the extra money so i snagged a grip and love it. This bag is a great bag and should be considered a great alternative to the grip or other backpack style bags.

dont knock this or for that matter anyone else's bag. this is not a fashion show this is disc golf!! yay disc golf!!!

it's 50$ and the only thing it seriously lacks is drink holders.

I'm so glad I'm past the point in my life where fashion mattered. We're playing disc golf. I guess if some of you guys saw me you'd pee your pants laughing. I play with a ratty little beginner bag, a sun hat, and clothes from Target.

And you know what? I couldn't care less about what people think of how I look, or what "gear" I have.

$200 is half a rent check for you?? Holy crap, where do you live? Are the roaches decent roommates? I kiid. I kiid.

One troll popped up and a half dozen people got defensive. It's OK. No one said they were a bad or wrong option except the guy purposely trying to stir up crap. Everyone take a deep breath a relax. Do some fishing. You have the perfect bag for it. :D

Disclaimer: The views in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the poster. Don't take it too seriously. Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

$200 is half a rent check for you?? Holy crap, where do you live? Are the roaches decent roommates? I kiid. I kiid.

One troll popped up and a half dozen people got defensive. It's OK. No one said they were a bad or wrong option except the guy purposely trying to stir up crap. Everyone take a deep breath a relax. Do some fishing. You have the perfect bag for it. :D

Disclaimer: The views in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the poster. Don't take it too seriously. Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

No, not for me. I was referring to low rents. Sorry, should have clarified.

I cannot believe people are attacking this bag. I have owned this and the grip. I had the extra money so i snagged a grip and love it. This bag is a great bag and should be considered a great alternative to the grip or other backpack style bags.

dont knock this or for that matter anyone else's bag. this is not a fashion show this is disc golf!! yay disc golf!!!

Thanks again MrGlass! Bag is still going strong. I guess what the troll doesn't realize is that all of us on this thread do have "real" disc golf bags, but choose to use the Cabela's bag because it's different. Some of us like to be creative in a diy sense and as a collective improve upon ideas and mod's already in place. It's just fun to be creative I guess.

Thanks again MrGlass! Bag is still going strong. I guess what the troll doesn't realize is that all of us on this thread do have "real" disc golf bags, but choose to use the Cabela's bag because it's different. Some of us like to be creative in a diy sense and as a collective improve upon ideas and mod's already in place. It's just fun to be creative I guess.
we have to shoot again!! Tuesdays and wednesdays are my best options!!

a third course!! i may just have to pull a camper in the lot and just live there. Its a great park with two courses a third would blow my mind and make for a great day of golf!!!

sorry for the derail!!

a third course!! i may just have to pull a camper in the lot and just live there. Its a great park with two courses a third would blow my mind and make for a great day of golf!!!

sorry for the derail!!

It's going to be monumental, let's just leave it at that. :clap::hfive:

Latest posts