• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Need a new midrange disc

I'm looking for a fairly straight flying disc that might want to flip but can't. So something that turns just a little. It sounds like as you beat in a roc, it tends to do that?
If you are looking for a fairly straight flying disc that might want to flip, you will find endless possibilities. I would suggest the Innova Star Mako. This disc is a perfectly straight flyer compared to all other midranges. If you are not necessarily looking for a "midrange" and more looking for a disc to fill the slot, I would also recommend the Innova R-Pro Dart. It is a fast putter (one speed down from the Mako) and also flies as straight as the name implies. The advantage of the R-Pro Dart over anything else is that it is the softest, most grippy disc I have ever thrown. It also has a tendancy to glide like crazy.

a coyote and mako will turn and not come back unless you throw them correctly.
If a Mako flips on you it is because the disc has been broken in quite a bit or you are torquing your shot, which would mess up your throwing sooner or later no matter what disc you use.
Just try a Mako. I'll be suprised if you dislike the disc.

The Panther might be the most underrated midrange Innova makes. It will hold a straight line with a just a little turn and a little fade.

z buzzz flies good. esp meteor flies good. a roc may fly like a better buzzz, but I wouldn't know because I won't throw the filthy motherf*cka.

OP: How far are you able to throw? This will help suggestions be more accurate based on your power level.

If you want to stay innova a mako would be a good choice.

The tangent, like others have said, could work very well. Like the Comet, I feel the tangent is truly neutral. The only time I see turn from it is throwing chest high 90%+ power or anhyzer. For me, it's closer to a mako then comet. Super easy to throw straight. It just wants to stay on the line you throw.

The warship from Westside is also great for throwing straight easy. For me its like a Buzzz with less fade and a little less HSS. Really smitten with the glide this disc has. I am curious as to what will happen with heavy wind.

Either way you go there are tons of options. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a Buzzz or Roc if anything to provide a baseline for future disc comparisons.

The Panther might be the most underrated midrange Innova makes. It will hold a straight line with a just a little turn and a little fade.

So true! And glad someone feels the same way. Until I lost mine some time ago, it was one of my most trusted tunnel discs... Almost wanna get another one as i sit here and remember my panther... Haha

Buzzz (Discraft), Mako (Innova), and Tangent (MVP). Any of those will serve you fine. Mako is dead straight and feels alot like a putter. The Buzzz is a line shaping beauty. The tangent can also shape some nice lines and compliments the Buzzz very well.

I'm looking for a fairly straight flying disc that might want to flip but can't. So something that turns just a little. It sounds like as you beat in a roc, it tends to do that?

Vibram Ibex fits this description exactly.

Discraft makes what you want plus what you'll want in the future.
Now: esp Meteor
Soon: Z Buzzz
Later: Z Wasp
When comfortable: Z/esp Zone

do you like beads on discs? if not then go with the buzzz. go with Z it will get the job done.

Glow DX rancho rocs are probably the best Rocs on the planet so get one of those if the buzzz fails you.