• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Neutral yet stable mid

You'll want to try the Claymore for tunnel shots. It's a tad more stable than the Fuse and the glide is excellent.

I'm not so sure about this. At my trilogy challenge everyone (myself included) found the claymore to be fairly US. I could definitely see it as a good tunnel shot disc on a hyzer flip as it has so little fade and will be straight if flipped up, but he wanted something that will hold straight in a headwind which I don't see with the claymore.

I'm absolutely not an authority on discs, but I've got a Fugitive that fits this slot in my bag. You've got more snap and power than I do, though, so you might need something with a little stronger fade than that.

anything that's stable enough to handle wind is going to have some fade to it.

the comet is something you can throw like a putter but will get you more distance being slightly faster and having more glide. if you get good at throwing it, it can handle some wind without problems. still the most neutral midrange on the market without actually being understable.

You already had your mind set on MVP. The Axis is what you're looking for. In Neutron.

You already had your mind set on MVP. The Axis is what you're looking for. In Neutron.

who cares about the plastic lol... Axis is what I would say as well.

The alias is a slower/less glidey axis. I prefer to pair the axis/vector with a tangent.

Westside Warship. Has the feel and glide of a Fuse, but is straighter. The VIP version having a slight fade at the end, the Tourney plastic being straight all the way to the ground.

Truth, as mentioned is another idea through I'm just now trying that disc.

Im starting to feel that it's going to be an axis,alias,truth or the warship. Isn't the Alias supposed to be a more forgiving Axis? I guess Trilogy plastic and MVP will both take a good amount of beating before seeing any changes in flight..

alias being a "forgiving" axis I guess is accurate. Its slower IMO and has a smaller bead as well as different wing design. The alias is a super straight mid almost too straight lol. MVP discs season a bit from brand new but stay the same for a very long time. plastic is pretty equal with both blends as well just more personal preference in feel/looks.

I failed with the one Axis I had. The Alias clicked right away. Love that disc. I also carry an opto Pure, and I am currently conflicted on some tween shots. I need to throw both in a field one day soon.

Yeah I can see that-- specially if your pure has gotten to that stupid straight flying stage like a 007 moonraker laser.

Yeah I can see that-- specially if your pure has gotten to that stupid straight flying stage like a 007 moonraker laser.

The only thing more amazing than that disc is the fact that no one that has seen me play has bought one or even asked to throw mine. keltic told me it would change my life. Not sure about life, but it changed my approach game for sure.

I have two more in some other plastic(hard and medium) that I am not sure what to do with. May try to convert to one of them for putting to simplify things.

Some of those Discraft discs are hard for me to classify for sure. Not thrown any of that group other than the Z Glide, but I look at them often when assisting Hastings with their arrangement LOL

The only thing more amazing than that disc is the fact that no one that has seen me play has bought one or even asked to throw mine. keltic told me it would change my life. Not sure about life, but it changed my approach game for sure.

I have two more in some other plastic(hard and medium) that I am not sure what to do with. May try to convert to one of them for putting to simplify things.

I use pures as much approach and putting duty and they are awesome. I highly suggest making the change;).
Has anyone mentioned a Tangent? The eclipse ones are really stable but will still flip if needed.

I think you are searching for a unicorn. If it holds in wind it will fade and not hold straight powered down. Them's the breaks. If I want straight min fade I use a Tangent. For straight always coming back(or atleast holding straight) in moderate wind I grab a Truth.

Latest posts