• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

I'll say this again, outside of the initial problems with mine, I really like this bag. There are times I wish I had more disc room, like for field practice, but I have a bigger bag I can use for that. For tournaments this bag allows me to keep it simple and smart, which is better for my overall game. I am down to carrying only 16-17 discs from 24+. This bag is super light and that is a big plus on the hills at my home course. Should be awesome for the spring/summer in texas, where I'll need all the energy I can get. I don't find myself using the side pockets all that much. But really I was never one to carry a ton of excessive towels/gadgets anyways. They hold the basics: golden retriever, first aid supplies, food, and about 3 beers per side. I keep my wallet/keys/phone in the top pocket. My towels have been placed in the front bungee pocket, where they are easy to pull in and out of. It's unfortunate my bag had so many initial issues, but most of those are cosmetic. Once I get a new bag with a legit quiver pocket and front pocket, all should be good. Nothing else has ripped or torn on the bag.

dgdave said:
Well hell. Now I'm second guessing myself on this. I got in on the second run from DD. For you guys who have it, besides the way it rides, what do you feel are the biggest advantages over a traditional bag and quads?

Biggest advantage over my old bag and quads is wet weather protection. The rainfly is the best of any bag by far, and I can carry both a large umbrella and my stool without having to rig something up or try and tie them in together like I did on my revo.

I asked Rusco and he told me mid March. I'll just wait for it to show up whenever it does ;).

The new site's up. Looks nice.

From the horses mouth...

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THOSE BAGS ALREADY!?

Posted March 21 2011  |  2 Comments
Greetings all!

If you are reading this, I'm sure you are wondering... "When in the world can I get one of those sweet bags!?"

And the short answer is... soon.

The longer answer is that, as some of you may already know, we had some issues arise with the pre released portion of our inaugural production. The vast majority of our pre released bags have performed wonderfully. But several people have had some issues crop up that we do not tolerate from our gear.

We have communicated these things back to our manufacturer and had them 100% reinspect our inventory. Currently they are in the process of making adjustments where necessary to ensure the quality that we demand from our product line.

We cannot release an arrival date yet but it will be this Spring... soon.

We are proud to stand behind our product and should note that we have worked with each customer individually to get the affected bags replaced.

Also, j@, speaking as someone from the manufacturing industry and as i'm sure you're already learning through all of this. It's so much better to under promise and over deliver. Sounds like you're 100% behind the product though and it does look sweet, so i for one am still very eager to get my hands on mine when it finally arrives.

I think that's best in any profession. I got taught this as a 21 year old software engineering intern in college and I still try to practice it :).

Aight'chall,

The info you seek finally is.

http://grip-eq.com/media/

Thanks for your patience.

uNicedmeMan said:
So uhhhh what does that mean for the second pre-order folks?

Mid March! No wait.... they're hittin the boat right away, April 1st...... Ha, April Fools day!

Guess another email to Jeremy's in order. :-?

My guess is there's no more room for a middle man to stand in the middle now without the cheap build from SE Asia so direct sales are the only thing that makes sense for them. Going to suck big time if my $180 pre-order through DD doesn't hold up though. Don't think I'll bother with a direct order if that just gets pulled out from Jeremy like that.

I understand this pre-order wasn't through Grip, but clearly there was a deal between Grip and DD prior to DD offering the pre-sale so I'm hoping that will still be honored?

Let me know what you find out... I didn't pre-order through DD but bought the bag off someone who did. I really don't want to wait around forever for this thing.

I would assume that means we're waiting until the end of May.

That being said, I know DD offered to refund your money when they were first delayed, and I'm sure Jeremy would still honor that if you'd like your money back. Remember that GripEQ didn't take the pre-order; resellers did. So you'll need to contact them if you'd like money back.

Yes, Jeremy and I are working together to honor the pre-order commitments DD made. The same goes for those of you who pre-ordered through LDS.

But make no mistake we have offered no pre-orders since last summer and have not authorized any company to do so on our behalf.

The only way to get in on the second run from here on out is through GripEQ.com and the waiting list mentioned above.

So what am I supposed to do with this 1st run bag I have sitting around unused? It's not worth anything now...

Latest posts