• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames on the course

Lynn LeFey

Par Member
Like 'McBeast', 'Big Jerm', etc.

I thought it'd be funny to create nicknames for my husband and I.

My husband is 'Agent Orange'. He throws mostly orange discs, and at this point, I'm pretty certain he's trying to kill all the trees with as often as he hits them.

I'm 'Water Foul'. I seem to have a mystical ability to put my discs in water hazards, and when I do, my language is less than appropriate.

Mine was given to me by a course local after saw me can an 80-90' anhyzer upshot. Also my tendency to choose the RHBH anhyzer over the RHFH shot.

For some reason, everyone calls me BOB.....

You're still out...

Creemcheese, came from people in high school, carried over to the course. A majority of people don't know my real name either.
At a tournament recently, talking to a friend, a mutual acquaintance I hadn't seen for years walked by. Friend A reintroduced us with my real name, after a blank stare, he says "You may have known him as Creem." Instant recognition, followed with a how have you been.

Of course it almost a matter of pride that around here I have actually had a shot nicknamed after me. I have been known to grip lock so bad that a lot of people started calling it "Brock lock"....

Creemcheese, came from people in high school, carried over to the course. A majority of people don't know my real name either.
At a tournament recently, talking to a friend, a mutual acquaintance I hadn't seen for years walked by. Friend A reintroduced us with my real name, after a blank stare, he says "You may have known him as Creem." Instant recognition, followed with a how have you been.

That's brilliant. It got a true "lol" from me.

Only nickname I get is "T-Rex" (named Trevor) Which annoys me a bit, but whatever. I've never really been big on alternative monikers.

My golf partner and I call each other "NancyBoy" after a bad shot. Wow u sure threw that like a "NancyBoy":D

My Buddy 46Yearoldslinger we call Brown Town (last name Brown) when he throws a really good shot. Just initials if it is average (CB). We have Rhyno (Ryan). Most people just call me "do you have to walk so fast".

I have given a couple. Buzzsaw, to my buddy with the propensity to hit trees...very hard. Johnny Cotton Socks, to my buddy who perpetually slings his plastic into the sheet, then stands in the fairway directing other where he thinks it may have went, as we are all in the shule looking.

My golf partner and I call each other "NancyBoy" after a bad shot. Wow u sure threw that like a "NancyBoy":D
this & "Sally" when someone doesn't give it enough power

As in: Did your purse get in the way on that throw, Sally?