• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames on the course

Nobody calls me anything because I don't play with anyone.

Know the feeling. I had a good bud to throw with, but life happened. So, I'm on my own lately. Hard to find good company in these parts. Wish my boys were into it more. Sigh :(

Used to play with 2 guys named Chris, one got to stay as Chris, the other one's last name started with Pu, so he became #2. When his little brother started coming around, he was naturally "Little Shxt"

We have a friend we call Bankshot Baker, because of several tree kicks on upshots that went in. He still seems to get a lot of tree love that makes bad shots suddenly not so bad.

Ironically, the friend who gave him the nickname had his first ace off a tree kick that then skipped off the ground and in.

I have a great disc golf friend we all call Bad Brad even though he is the nicest guy. All my kids know him as Bad Brad. One day Brad was substituting at my daughter's school. She was in third grade and was walking down the hall with her entire class. She saw Brad and excitedly yelled "Hi Bad Brad!" in front of the principal and the other teachers.

While I was in boot the DI's called me McScandalous while among other soldiers I was called Mike D. Mike D followed me through college and fizzled out shortly after. Since then I haven't had a nick name, but people do feel the need to call my by my last name which is much harder to pronounce and longer than my first name, Ryan.

OK Donald, from now on you'll be known as "Leopard". :p

Thanks Monty.

I'm not a complete people hater. I've just taken a few steps back from the game to work on my technique and my mental game. Once I can quit beating myself up for 18 holes, than I'll be ready to play with other humans again.

I too had a great golf buddy but I moved 50 miles away, and don't see him as often.

Corndog!!. Last name of the disc golfer is Vose and his Uncle is Vose's Corndogs for the past umpteen years at the IL. State Fair

When I first started I was appallingly bad at putting and only had a very loose understanding of the rules pertaining to "mulligans". So I would sit there and throw all my disc, hat and eventually bag at the basket on a short put. This my buddy who introduced me to disc golf dubbed my Mulligan McGee and the rest is history.

Sometimes, at meetups I've been called Bender. Usually though, it's just a$$hole.

I call my buddy Matt "The Tree Whisperer" I even made a song about it, and its pretty damn funny. Let me know if you want to hear it.

I've been "E.T." (my initials) ever since the movie came out when I was in high school. When I'm anywhere near a baseball field, I sometimes don't even turn when a male voice says "Eric" because everyone who knows me calls me "E" "E.T." or, less often, "Counselor"

I was "Bones" or "Rack" in college for the obvious reasons
In the last couple years before law school when I played a lot of highly-competitive softball on travel teams, I was "Hoover" after one tournament where I played the best shortstop I have ever played and "vacuumed up" everything hit anywhere near me the entire weekend.

No DG nickname yet

Skeeter Peter. I am money with my Innova Skeeter for turn over upshots and putts.

I was out playing a solo round earlier this year and joined a guy I knew and his buddy. Next time I saw them we threw together again. This time the guy's buddy said to me, "You know you're known as The Disc Golf Guy?". I laughed and told him "Nooo, Terry Miller from the Milwaukee area is The Disc Golf Guy, you know the Smashboxx TV broadcaster?" He replied "well that may be, but around here YOU are The Disc Golf Guy!" Thankfully they are the only ones who have ever called me that.

A whole generation learned "ironic" incorrectly because of that stupid song.

Latest posts