• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Joins Team MVP

I think MVP knew sponsoring Nikko would've been risky with how he can behave on the course. Still, they took a chance thinking they might sell more discs with his name attached to some of them. And then the dude decides to throw Innova instead....

Maybe Innova is just better than MVP :DDD

MVP discs are like toys compared to other brands... If they were really what Am2 guys think someone of value would use their product religiously.

I think MVP knew sponsoring Nikko would've been risky with how he can behave on the course. Still, they took a chance thinking they might sell more discs with his name attached to some of them. And then the dude decides to throw Innova instead....

Maybe Innova is just better than MVP :DDD

I mean what? 80% of world champs are or were sponsored by Innova?

Conducting yourself like a professional is being fake? If temper tantrums and excuses are being "real" than give me some kool-aid!

Conducting yourself like a professional is being fake? If temper tantrums and excuses are being "real" than give me some kool-aid!
It's ok and normal to show some emotion. Your expectations of "conducting yourself like a professional" are not realistic. Look at any other sport. Baseball players go full mental destroying dugout with their bat, basketball players slam balls throw punches, I've seen ball golfers get livid and chuck their ball in the water and cuss, etc., etc. This unwritten rule some try to impose on the sport that you have to smile at all times isn't fair and I enjoy seeing some real emotions.

It's ok and normal to show some emotion. Your expectations of "conducting yourself like a professional" are not realistic. Look at any other sport. Baseball players go full mental destroying dugout with their bat, basketball players slam balls throw punches, I've seen ball golfers get livid and chuck their ball in the water and cuss, etc., etc. This unwritten rule some try to impose on the sport that you have to smile at all times isn't fair and I enjoy seeing some real emotions.

Lol and most of the time those "emotions" are viewed the same. Being a giant baby.

what he said

No one gets a free pass for acting like a spoiled 4 year old. No matter the sport.
This would be real easy to prove otherwise.

Competition built this country. Now all these kids think everyone should get a ribbon and smile. Nikko holds himself to high standards of play and occasionally shows emotion when he doesn't execute. Big deal. Honestly I haven't even seen it in awhile anyway, he just doesn't feel the need to do interviews to convince you people how fun he is now like some others.

Lol. This argument is so tired. "Showing emotion" is a far stretch from a distracting tantrum.

Also, I find it odd that when Jerm started making an effort to not get all "emotional" his showings started improving. Yeah, that sounds "fake."

Last edited:
Lol. This argument is so tired. "Showing emotion" is a far stretch from a distracting tantrum.

Also, I find it odd that when Jerm started making an effort to not get all "emotional" his showings started improving. Yeah, that sounds "fake."
Do you have proof of these "distracting tantrums" in the last couple years? Maybe I'll change my mind. I'll admit when he used to bash his disc into the basket after missed putts I thought it was too much, but I haven't seen that out of him in a long time. Also I've seen big jerm try to joke around before a drive just to shank it so I'd be skeptical of that correlation.

Calling out one of the best...

If Nikko is called a baby, Ulibarri should be kicked off the tour. Anyone hear what he pulled in Twin Falls last year?

None of that even matters.

The dude sucks at business. He is just dumb. All the emotion and other BS makes absolutely no difference in the world of sports.

Do you have proof of these "distracting tantrums" in the last couple years? Maybe I'll change my mind. I'll admit when he used to bash his disc into the basket after missed putts I thought it was too much, but I haven't seen that out of him in a long time. Also I've seen big jerm try to joke around before a drive just to shank it so I'd be skeptical of that correlation.

USDGC last year comes to mind, it was hilarious.

Nah, not going to be skeptical, I just see that Jerm has two great NT wins under his belt after he became "fake" as you would put it (I would also argue that the change to his putt helped too).