• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

:thmbup: I honestly never used my putter for anything except putt and approach before the last couple seasons. Although now I realize the usefulness of throwing a putter my driving putter is premium plastic. Does anyone really use base driving putters? Seems like a bad idea.

I think what you just asked there was "does anybody really use kc pro?" And then said it was a bad idea. Base plastic seasons differently too, in a good way...Go to the corner and think about what you just said. x(

Last edited:
I think what you just asked there was "does anybody really use kc pro?" And then said it was a bad idea. Base plastic seasons differently too, in a good way...Go to the corner and think about what you just said. x(
Haha good thing I don't like KC Pro plastic :D

:thmbup: I honestly never used my putter for anything except putt and approach before the last couple seasons. Although now I realize the usefulness of throwing a putter my driving putter is premium plastic. Does anyone really use base driving putters? Seems like a bad idea.

yeah dude. dx aviar all day. i just threw a hyzer bomb over some big trees with my beat one today. slightly downhill. parked it from 250 out. its a great idea, dont front.

also had an anny hole with a tail wind, sky anny with my same beat dx aviar, wind took it just right. parked again.

Got to try mine out today, finally. A blue firm 168g and an orange soft 167g. I doubt this will help anyone, just sharing my first experience with them.

I used them for putts and short approaches only. I'm not sure which mold I liked better for putting. I sunk a 75'er with the soft orange one, so that was cool.

Inside the circle I seemed to pull the soft orange one left (LHBH) and the firm blue one was coming out right. I was able to dial them in a bit after some practice. They do seem to drop a little quicker than my soft and med. envies. To me that's not necessarily a bad thing. The blue is definitely a straighter flying disc, noticeable even inside the circle. Similar to my Anodes. The orange is very similar to my envies in the circle in flight and feel.

This is my first experience with a baseline putter. The plastics do feel excellent. Like a high end baseline, which is no surprise coming from MVP. They do get dings easily, but no warping from just putting. The funniest thing to me is that the firm blue one had a ridiculous amount of blow throughs and chain outs. More in one round than I've had all season with my Envy and Anode. The soft orange had much better grab and stick. Could've been a fluke, but I'll see over time how that goes. Premium MVP plastic sticks just as well IMO.

First impressions: Nice
Long term: TBD

I too am giving my plea to have Ions and Anodes in this plastic. I believe the feel of the plastic will be outstanding coupled with the depth of these molds.

So when is the Atom supposed to be released? I'm excited to be able to really ding them up.

Just thought of a good name for the other proto putter. The nucleus? I was thinking molecule, but it seems a bit long.

How about mitosis, every time you make a putt your putter duplicates. Ha!
Nucleus sounds ok

I finally got around to throwing my protos today. Both are 168g. I enjoyed putting with them quite a bit, and they threw quite well on some short upshots. I didn't think I had any particularly rough metal hits off of any parts of the basket, but my firm proto came out of it with some nasty gouges on the bottom while the soft stayed in great shape. Can't wait to get in a few more rounds with these and see how they season up! As of right now though, they're not going to be replacing my anodes anytime soon. Still waiting to see if the proxy will do that job.

I LOVE THE PROTO PUTTERS.

I was throwing some of my farthest putter throws ever with those two grippy buggers today. You can intentionally torque them a bit to get great distance on turnover lines. They have more fade than the Envy, and that's considering they are in a base plastic. I was getting them out to around 250-260. The glide is awesome. The grip is awesome. These will replace my Envy, so I hope they make them production so there will be a plentiful supply.

Keep em coming, MVP!

This disc was still hooking up and dumping hard left at the end of 18 holes, but not quite as hard as it did when it was brand new. It's a very reliable, rangeable disc, and I'm hoping it doesn't break in too much farther.

My EX2 has a bunch of stability & fade to it. It didn't want to flip like the EX1.

XF2 is more like a Pig or VP in that you need to putt with some speed in order to keep it from falling off left before it reaches the basket.

I think this got lost in this big old thread, but these guys saw what I did. It's too bad that almost nobody is throwing these things because they are so good.

This prototype is the best drive and approach putter MVP/Axiom has made since the Ion.

Really bummed I was unable to pick one of these up. I had thought I had one through Dynamic Discs, but a few days after I placed my order they got back saying they'd sold out. I'm still pretty upset about it: not only did I not get the disc from them, the fact that I'd thought I had means that I missed out on buying it from somewhere else.

Which all adds up to me twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the production run of Electron. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

One would hope that they just go ahead and start making production runs of this disc in its prototype state. IMO, it doesn't need any tweaking at all.

I was getting them out to around 250-260. The glide is awesome. The grip is awesome. These will replace my Envy, so I hope they make them production so there will be a plentiful supply.

I agree that they are great, and have replaced my Envies for putting, but no way will they replace them for driving and all but the shortest upshots unless they tweak the plastic to hold its shape on impacts. Love them for putting, but this stuff does not hold up well when it hits something going fast.

I agree that they are great, and have replaced my Envies for putting, but no way will they replace them for driving and all but the shortest upshots unless they tweak the plastic to hold its shape on impacts. Love them for putting, but this stuff does not hold up well when it hits something going fast.

I tested them in an open field for long distance, so I can't really speak to any real durability. The only thing I've really hit with them is chains.

There's nothing wrong with a disc that breaks in though. I'm gonna bag one and keep one more fresh as a back-up. We'll see how they do against the sparse trees around my home course.

...There's nothing wrong with a disc that breaks in though...

I agree with that. I love the way they are wearing from putting (just small dings, scratches, etc.). But the flight plate tends to warp out of shape a bit when they hit trees, similar to chiefs/shamans. People here had said that, so I wasn't going to throw mine at all because I like putting with them so much. But they felt so good in my hand that I couldn't help myself and ended up tossing them in my back yard a few times. Flew pretty much just like my Envies at 150 - 185 ft. Then I clipped a tree and now the plate bubbles up a bit near the OM where it hit. Nothing extreme, but I wouldn't want to see one hit a tree dead on at full power.

finally felt up some electron **** today. its whatever. had no grip issues today in MN and were 10 days from christmas, and thats throwing all neutron discs. if they made the important molds in electron, (ion, vector, tangent, volt) id probably bag them but im not holding my breath.

Latest posts