• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were over 30 attempts at vandalizing Nikko's page on Wikipedia. The editors are working hard to shut them down as fast as they're made.

Gateway will continue to sponsor Nikko per an announcement this morning.

Saw Nikko still posting stories about Clash discs. Interesting. I certainly wouldnt give their product any visibility if they dropped me (no matter for a reason)

Also, cant read through all of this but seems to me part of the "stare me down" thing must have stemmed from he being so much into UFC. I see his comments on that stuff all the time.

believe me... I know i am just feeding the trolls accusing me of doing the same thing they are doing.

Anyways, I am out of time on this issue. Vacation is about over and I'm off to run my second league of the week. i've sent my thoughts to the PDGA. i am confident at least someone there will be smart enough to figure out what I'm saying and work to fix these issues that have resulted in this incident. Fairness and professionalism should be the guiding principles in the rule book and in the enforcement of the rule book.
No one that matters will ever care to read your consistently uninformed ramblings.

Nikko is family so I'm not surprised.
I can see sponsors abandoning Nikko but someone should get him some help and support.

If I were his uncle, I'd make that part of the terms of his continued sponsorship.

I'd let him decide if/when he wants to make it publicly known that he's seeing a therapist.
...but getting help would non-negotiable.

There were over 30 attempts at vandalizing Nikko's page on Wikipedia. The editors are working hard to shut them down as fast as they're made.
Can those same editors also get to work on the important task of getting pages up for legends like Des Reading and Juliana Korver, once the Nikko thing passes? I was very disappointed to not be able to bring up a Korver page yesterday when I was looking for some info. :(

Can those same editors also get to work on the important task of getting pages up for legends like Des Reading and Juliana Korver, once the Nikko thing passes? I was very disappointed to not be able to bring up a Korver page yesterday when I was looking for some info. :(

It doesn't take those same editors ... anyone can! :)

It doesn't take those same editors ... anyone can! :)
True story. But they're the ones that seem investing in putting their time to that task. I did a tiny contribution a very long time ago putting up a page for USDGC.

If I were his uncle, I'd make that part of the terms of his continued sponsorship.

I'd let him decide if/when he wants to make it publicly known that he's seeing a therapist.
...but getting help would non-negotiable.

I'm sure plenty of enabling got Nikko to this point but leaving him to his own devices won't help.
Uncle Dave may be his best chance to get help and make amends with the pdga.
Like you said help would be non-negotiable.

True story. But they're the ones that seem investing in putting their time to that task. I did a tiny contribution a very long time ago putting up a page for USDGC.

I only got involved with Nikko's page because I hate Wikipedia spam and spamming his page for the point of taking a screenshot for DGCR/reddit with "Hee hee look what I did" is just juvenile.

I only got involved with Nikko's page because I hate Wikipedia spam and spamming his page for the point of taking a screenshot for DGCR/reddit with "Hee hee look what I did" is just juvenile.
Appreciated. I hope you keep being useful and positive for the sport. Good luck.

Saw Nikko still posting stories about Clash discs. Interesting. I certainly wouldnt give their product any visibility if they dropped me (no matter for a reason)

Also, cant read through all of this but seems to me part of the "stare me down" thing must have stemmed from he being so much into UFC. I see his comments on that stuff all the time.

While Clash dropped him as their rep for the time being I don't believe they have abandoned him entirely.

Gateway will continue to sponsor Nikko per an announcement this morning.

We would like to announce publicly that Gateway Disc Sports is supporting Nikko Locastro.
……….
We are supporting him as a friend and family member.
We feel it is our responsibility to stand by him, and help him get to the place he needs to be.

my main "problem" with this approach is that IMO it was clear before this incident that Nikko needed some help. and instead of being proactive, Gateway was perfectly content to sit around and let Nikko keep doing Nikko things. now that it's a problem they can throw their hands up and say "we're so surprised this happened! but we're here to help Nikko!"

My hope is that Nikko gets exactly the amount of embarrassment from this incident that he needs to make whatever changes he needs to make, but not enough to break him, if that makes sense. Let this be a turning point rather than a crash and burn. I also hope that if he works on his anger issues that people will forgive him so that this does not hang over the dude's head forever.

my main "problem" with this approach is that IMO it was clear before this incident that Nikko needed some help. and instead of being proactive, Gateway was perfectly content to sit around and let Nikko keep doing Nikko things. now that it's a problem they can throw their hands up and say "we're so surprised this happened! but we're here to help Nikko!"

Well hang on here...Thats a lot of speculation based on a couple of internet posts. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes with Nikko/Gateway. What agreements they've made...If Nikko is in fact, getting appropriate help and so on. OTOH...the optics do not look good.

My hope is that Nikko gets exactly the amount of embarrassment from this incident that he needs to make whatever changes he needs to make, but not enough to break him, if that makes sense. Let this be a turning point rather than a crash and burn. I also hope that if he works on his anger issues that people will forgive him so that this does not hang over the dude's head forever.

Wonderfully expressed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts