• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in complete shock that the biggest DB in North America is acting like the biggest DB in Europe also...

Guy shows him the phone as proof. Nikko gets up into his face while the guy stands there. Then Nikko whines at him to step back...he does. Then Nikko keeps talking so the guy looks at him while he's talking and Nikko starts yelling about having a staring contest...

I can't imagine why other players don't want to call these kinds of penalties on each other and deal with these sorts of tantrums every hole.

Penalty #1 = Taking too long

Penalty #2 = Unsportsmanlike conduct

I understand that #2 ought to be a warning at first and is a rather liberal interpretation of the rules. However, if you invade my personal space guess what...courtesy violation - basically shouting. And if the perp doesn't like my call out they can argue with the PDGA, TD or whoever. And that's the bare minimum penalty IMHO...I completely agree that some sort of a fine or suspension ought to come of this.

And don't come on this thread and say something asinine like, "Oh that's not bad we see worse in the (insert some other sport)" That's stupid because it's justifying one wrong with another.

That looked like intimidation to me, and probably stalking since he pursued the official who was walking away, and bodily cut off his path.

m5pOQ38.png

I used to be a Nikko fan because I enjoy watching him throw different lines than the rest of the card. Never liked the attitude, but was willing to overlook it.

This is so far out of line though that I am hoping for a long suspension. Can't even describe how ridiculous his behavior was. Dude needs a major wakeup call.

Has to be a suspension. Just has to.

Disc golf is supposed to be a self-policing sport, but the whole system falls apart if you're allowed to intimidate and threaten the people who try to enforce the rules. The fact that Nikko was willing to do this to a rules official...on camera...in front of, like, 1000 spectators...how can you expect anyone to call a rules violation on him under normal circumstances?

If the PDGA wants that big, thick rulebook they publish every year to mean anything, they have to come down on him in a big way. And the DGPT does not need Nikko. They could ban him from the tour and no one would care, except for his relieved cardmates who don't have to deal with him a while.

I used to be a Nikko fan because I enjoy watching him throw different lines than the rest of the card. Never liked the attitude, but was willing to overlook it.

This is so far out of line though that I am hoping for a long suspension. Can't even describe how ridiculous his behavior was. Dude needs a major wakeup call.

I was a Nikko fan too, based on interactions that I had with him in person. This should be a minumum 24 month suspension based on the rulebook (intimadation, stalking). I hope that all of his sponsors drop him over this as well. Disc Golf has out grown the likes of Nikko

Let the pearl clutching commence!

Nikko was out of line for sure. But come on people. Every other sport has the athletes do that sort of crap to officials, including soccer which houses the least masculine male athletes of the major sports. Let's not act like Nikko is a crazy person doing crazy things.

The real enigma to me is how Nikko can be the most exciting disc golfer while spending most of his time doing nothing pre-shot. The honest answer is that disc golf is plain boring. TD's should pay Nikko to show up and get DQ'd for youtube views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts