• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been issued any official time-out. He can play right now. I guess he's still on his personally-imposed break.

I would like to watch a casual round Gannon v Nikko. Hanging off the first basket: two stopwatches.
:popcorn:

Look up round 2 lead card from the 2021 WACO where the 2 played on the same card if you want to get a taste of what that would be like. That was the first time I watched Gannon Buhr on a live broadcast and I was surprised to find out that there were someone taking as much, and often more, time to play than Nikko. With Nikko it's mostly the putts, but with Buhr it's more or less every single throw.

But if you really wan't to get the full Buhr/Locastro live experience, make sure you get the uncut live coverage version. Jomez also have that round post produced. And even if you notice how slow they are even there, they still have cut a huge chunk of most of their preparations there.

So much to unpack in this thread!

Nikko: He is what he is. I doubt he'll ever mature/change.
I'm also from his hometown and have grown tired of seeing the same "10-year old boy" who argued with me as a TD, LD, and card mate embarrass himself, our City, and our Country. He's got a Napoleon complex, and was never forced/learned how to manage interpersonal relationships/communication. He's a huge UFC fan and takes the "octagon" approach to resolving every conflict. It's unfortunate, the kid has talent, he just can't get out of his own way.

Nikko's Sponsorship: Clash was stupid to sign Nikko if they were going to drop him at the first sign of his reputation. I mean, what did they expect, really? Gateway is the only one that will endure his antics - and that's only because he's family (and because bench of sponsored players is not very deep).

Cancel Culture: Capitalists used to call this "voting with your wallet", which was fine, and I support. If you disagreed with the ethics of Company A, you just bought from Company B. Unfortunately, social media turned everyone into a bunch of whining pu$$ies. Now, people have to scream from their keyboard that they're buying from [Company B] because [Company A] is [fill in reason for being offended].

Who cares? It's all personal justification to spend your money emotionally. I wish people would stop attaching so much meaning & emotion to commerce. You're just making it so dam easy for marketers to manipulate you...

Seems light for a repeat offender...

He's intimidated refs before?

Does it matter? 9 months for a first time offense seems reasonable to me.

On a different topic...Cue the, "OMG NIKKO GOT SUSPENDED 9 MONTHS FOR 30 SECOND VIOLATION" idiots.

No, you wet dishwipe...Nikko got suspended for acting like a d-nozzle toward an official. Had he not done that it would have been a one stroke penalty and we would be deprived of numerous (and occasionally hilarious) Nikko memes.

Nikko: He is what he is. I doubt he'll ever mature/change.
I'm also from his hometown and have grown tired of seeing the same "10-year old boy" who argued with me as a TD, LD, and card mate embarrass himself, our City, and our Country. He's got a Napoleon complex, and was never forced/learned how to manage interpersonal relationships/communication. He's a huge UFC fan and takes the "octagon" approach to resolving every conflict. It's unfortunate, the kid has talent, he just can't get out of his own way.
Did the "Team Gateway" (for lack of a better term) thing ever evolve from that intimidation mentality of getting their way? I always had Roger or Tom or some other Dave follower rolling up on me getting in my face and/or cursing me out when I ran events there. The "Nikko Antics" to me always seemed like a twisted combination of the Tom arrogant bravado thing mixed with the Roger explosive temper thing. Whenever I see Nikko lose it in a video, it just reminds we of home. :|

Nikko should have hung with Robo more; I had a lot of run-ins with the Gateway crowd back in the day but I have not a single bad thing to say about Robo. Just have to throw that in; don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Last edited:
Does it matter? 9 months for a first time offense seems reasonable to me.

On a different topic...Cue the, "OMG NIKKO GOT SUSPENDED 9 MONTHS FOR 30 SECOND VIOLATION" idiots.

No, you wet dishwipe...Nikko got suspended for acting like a d-nozzle toward an official. Had he not done that it would have been a one stroke penalty and we would be deprived of numerous (and occasionally hilarious) Nikko memes.

I was commenting in Nikkonbeing a repeat offender. While he's a know jerk, I do not recall him ever intimidating an official before

Suspension seems appropriate to me

I wonder if we'll ever know the reasoning behind 9 months? Why not 12 or 6. Does it have to do with the class of the offense? Are there standards and formulae?

His action was determined as a Class A offense.
From the PDGA policy:

Class A Offenses. Class A offenses are the most serious category, and generally involve actual harm to other players. Physical battery, sexual assault, credible threats of imminent harm to another player, stalking, and intimidation are among potential Class A offenses. Class A offenses carry a standard penalty of a 24-month suspension followed by twelve months of probation. Aggravating factors may lead the Committee to consider penalties up to or including a permanent ban. Mitigating factors may lead the Committee to consider lesser penalties.

anyone see paul's take on insta, and feel a little... disappointed?

I could care less either way. I semi-agree that 9 months is a long time but calling Nikko is first time offender is a stretch. He is literally known for taking forever and getting super heated while on the card and nobody likes to sit there and watch someone kick their bag or literally yell because they missed a putt.

Honestly, it's kind of refreshing to see someone actually not want to continue to dogpile on this already worn-out topic. Yes, Nikko definitely deserves a time out for a good amount of time because if he's let off the hook or just ended up getting a few month suspension, nothing would probably change. Nine months is a good amount of time to let him really think about his actions but also does kind of feel a bit steep.. if this were any other player other than Nikko.

Status
Not open for further replies.