• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On course injuries/medical emergencies?

More of an injury to my pride. Standing on the teepad heard someone yell four turned around and took a skip shot off the tee to the twig and berries. More embarassed than hurt. I chose to cover my face instead of my crotch. I guessed wrong.

The University of Idaho used to have a well-known safari course that was passed on through word of mouth. Unfortunately it played right between some well-used buildings and a girl got knocked unconscious walking between classes. Ultimately it lead to a disc golf ban on the campus :(

The University of Idaho used to have a well-known safari course that was passed on through word of mouth. Unfortunately it played right between some well-used buildings and a girl got knocked unconscious walking between classes. Ultimately it lead to a disc golf ban on the campus :(

College be where da smart people is. :\

More of an injury to my pride. Standing on the teepad heard someone yell four turned around and took a skip shot off the tee to the twig and berries. More embarassed than hurt. I chose to cover my face instead of my crotch. I guessed wrong.

Youch! Wish I coulda seen that. Been hit in the groin with a soccer ball many a time but never by a disc thank God...

So Oak Grove in Pasadena, the worlds first permanent pin disc golf course, has these awesome tee pads with a little curb at the end of them. You know, the end that you throw from. Normally my foot hits it perpendicular to my throw right before I release and it actually provides a little bit of resistance adding to my distance. Well, yesterday a tee was a little sandy and I slipped, and part of my recovery involved kicking that curb with pretty much as much force as I can.

Now, I can hardly walk, I can't play, and my toe is bruised and blue and gross. Has anyone else done this? Its been 24 hours and its still in mega pain. Don't think its broken though...

My DG 911 list:
-branch in the eye, scratched cornea
-disc falls out of tree, split my lip. Blood everywhere.

(this is why I don't "part^ke on the course anymore, makes me stoopid)

Hole # 17 at MCC a couple years ago. Its a shorter hole but the right side of the fairway slopes down to a huge pond the entire lenght of the hole. I throw my drive (LHBH) and its looking really good, until a random gust pushed it toward the pond. Being a noob at the time I start ahead to scope out to see if it went in or if it might be in one of the pine trees that are around the basket. I find my driver, and all of a sudden I hear "HEADS UP!" A buddy of mine had thrown his drive, and I caught a Champion Orc in the face. Fortunately for me, I was just grazed with the plate, but it took my sunglasses right off my face. Ironically, I had sold him this disc a week prior.

We've started to play with "blood rules" at cactus flats in kingman AZ. As the name suggests there are cacti, and in addition sharp bushes/trees all over the course. Anytime you draw blood you owe the rest of the group a buck. Best part is that someone bleeds almost every round.

Latest posts