• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] OS Driving Putters

I'll agree with all the Envy comments. It's a workhorse for sure. Great HSS, but not a ton of fade. Honestly, it's on par with my Pure on a calm day, the biggest difference is in the wind. The Envy handles it like a champ, where the Pure, not so much.

If you want truly OS, the Zone is where it's at. I was throwing mine into a 20+ mph headwind and it was still fading hard. Because of how OS it is, I can't get it out to the 250 I can push my Envy and Pure, but it still gets some good distance.

Has anyone said Zone.....because Zone. Very OS and durable in ESP plastic. No bead. Great FH and BH. I only putt with it when the winds are heavy (15mph+).

I currently use an Opto Pure and a Champ Rhyno for driving. Looking for feedback on good OS driving putters in strong plastic. My Rhyno is dark purple and I don't know how I feel about the thumb track on it. Just wanted to get some input on replacements. Currently putting these out around 200-250

I hear good things about the Envy.

If anyone can provide comparisons against the Rhyno in terms of flight I'd appreciate it.

You are looking for a premium jokeri. Envy and pure are both workhorses. You will have lots of overlap.

I'd like to try a Chief. I use Wizards for everything but when i want something more OS i use a VIP Harp. The Harp replaced the Rhyno for me. I'd say it's better for windy open field approaches, I found my Rhyno would often come up 10 ft shorter then i wanted it on 175-250 approaches often giving me a harder put. Never know though i've come back to Rhyno before wondering why I ever took it out of the bag. So far I'm enjoying the VIP Harp

... but really Wizards for most every drive, approach, and putt. They get a lot more throws in then the Harp or Rhyno ever did/will.

I'd like to try a Chief. I use Wizards for everything but when i want something more OS i use a VIP Harp. The Harp replaced the Rhyno for me. I'd say it's better for windy open field approaches, I found my Rhyno would often come up 10 ft shorter then i wanted it on 175-250 approaches often giving me a harder put. Never know though i've come back to Rhyno before wondering why I ever took it out of the bag. So far I'm enjoying the VIP Harp

... but really Wizards for most every drive, approach, and putt. They get a lot more throws in then the Harp or Rhyno ever did/will.

The chief is cool. Its like a midget wizard. Really straight and won't turn over and still has a solid little fade.

I used to bag a Sinus, but now it's the Scale (booted the Sinus in one round...). Pretty similar flight I think. I like the feel of the Scale in my hand, both the mold and the chalky RFF plastic. Love the flat top and the thumb indentation. Scale and Serpent are the dynamic duo for drives and upshots alike.

Not really sure if OP is looking for an OS putter as in "Fades hard right out of the hand" or as in "Stays straight even in moderate wind".

For me the Soft Harp is the first one and the Soft Shield the latter. My calm day driving putter is Opto Pure as well.

Shield is a bit slower tho, so it's a great upshot putter but not quite as long as a Pure.

Geez. I know it is great to have so many options but its also tough! I really like the big fade on my Rhyno. I can crank it out and it will dump/skip depending on the line at a predictable distance. From what I am reading it seems like the Envy would be a great disc to add, but not the replacement for my Rhyno. I think it is just going to come down between the Harp and the Scale. I just really need to feel them both up.

Thanks guys.

Well, I waited long enough to chime in:

You want the Scale. I wasn't the first to call it the Rhyno killer, but I fully adopted and approve the moniker, even using it in my videos on the Scale. I've never stockpiled a disc as quickly as the Scale. I have 7 sitting in my garage, and that's after I've given some away as prizes on Hucking Aces as well as for our local league and tags matches.

I won't gush over it too much, but the Scale is my favorite disc of the year, probably my favorite disc since the Envy came out. Fossil plastic is tits, big fat Oprah tits, but Fossil Fuel is pretty damn good as well. I'm kind of digging the Scale in Eraser as well, but that and Armor I think will be saved for winter. Tar Pit is good stuff, but I don't care for black discs. Get a Fossil and a Fossil Fuel and thank us all later.

Love the Harp. I carry VIP for drives and BT soft for upshots. I used to throw an ESP Zone and an S P2. I replaced both with a Harp. Being lower profile and slightly more overstable than the P2 made it more FH friendly than the P2, yet it isn't quite as fast or OS as my old zone so I found shot selection decision making easier.

Using a Flx Challenger in this role, newer ones are pretty firm, just slightly softer than my ESP Buzzz's, very workable.

VIP Harp is gravy. I also enjoy a Pa1. 400s is great feeling and holds its stability a long time

It is not technically a putter, but its a slow mid. The Trespass. Since I got an Envy, I don't use it, but it is over stable and is short. I don't think I've ever put it out to 250. I've been thinking about putting it back in the bag because my forehand game has improved a lot.
I have a lot of Envys: 2 soft, 2 neutron, 1 proton. The softs are amazing, the proton is great, the neutron for some reason feels more slick or something. The results aren't as solid as the others.
I never used to forehand approach with putters until I spent time with the soft Envy, now it is a better option than anhyzer with another putter more often. And my forehand game is mediocre on good days.