• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

For me, this puts you in the same group as fanboy, just opposite ie, hater.

Some people personalize their feelings about celebrities or sports stars. They want to feel they know them in some manner.

^ yup.

2 weeks ago I made an error. I was playing behind 2 women who were playing slower. When they allowed me to play thru, I stopped and gave one of them advice. As I was walking away, I realized my mistake. Why did I feel I needed to give advice? I was just trying to be helpful but I never even asked for permission to give advice. I wouldn't have if it had been 2 guys. Guys in my league make the same mistake she was making but I don't say anything.

But this is how it is for the female players. If every time you interacted with another player they gave you advice, how nice would you be to everyone you meet? Maybe she was having a bad day/moment? Maybe PP was being perfectly cool and the viewer was eating yellow popcorn?

Sorry I fed the troll guys. This will be my last post regarding Paige's 'attitude'.

I feel her trying to get on the course when no one else could to practice is unacceptable. Like I said earlier you're just a female throwing plastic. Why do you think its fair to practice when no one else can? That right there to me should disqualify you from a tournament. Consider it cheating maybe?

Maybe because she didn't realize the course was closed until she was told?

Maybe because she didn't realize the course was closed until she was told?

Maybe she should have read the materials provided by the TD. The correct procedures to follow were clearly laid out by Bjerkaas.

However, ECC is closed to disc golfers on Mondays, which is clearly indicated on the venue's website. As Pierce was throwing some initial tee shots for practice, "a younger man approached [them] and said, 'Hey, I think the course is closed,'" according to Perkins. Mondays are reserved for members of the Country Club, they were told; Pierce, who did not know the course was closed on Monday, asked about the possibility of becoming a member in order to be able to play. She said that there must be some kind of misunderstanding since the World Championships were beginning the following week.

The facility, though, was not yet rented out for the tournament. A confirmation packet sent to players by the Worlds TD Doug Bjerkaas in late July read, "The Emporia Country Club and the Supreme-18 DGC at Jones Park are open for practice before Pro Worlds from dawn to dusk without charge, starting on Friday, August 26th, 2022. The Supreme 18 DGC at Jones Park is in a public park and can be practiced between dawn and dusk on days before August 26th unless another event is planned on site. The Emporia Country Club is a private facility and is pay-to-play. If players want to practice the course before August 26th, they need to check the disc golf course schedule and pay the greens fee to play. More info on the Country Club disc golf schedule can be found here."

I don't see Paige and koling in the live scoring at mixed dubbels at worlds …what happened ?

Entitlement can be anywhere.

Some dude was parked on the tee of hole 7 at our local course practicing for a tourney the following weekend. I watched him throw 3 drives waiting for him to offer to let me play through. I finally asked, and he let me. As I was preparing for a shot, I noticed a woman with a baby stroller in exactly my landing area. So I packed up my stuff and moved on to next hole, explaining to him that i wasn't comfortable throwing. Instead of thanking me for not wailing his kid and wife with my disc, or asking the wife to move the stroller, he stood there and told me that I would be fine, not to worry about it and that I should throw anyway. I just looked back and shook my head.

As I passed his wife, I politely explained that she and the baby were in the prime landing area for other golfers and she gave eme some ridiculous attitude.

Pro tip to tourney players - no one else really cares if you want to practice for the tourney. Registering for a tourney doesn't entitle you to park yourself on a hole in a public park, or pretend you know more about my shot than I do. I was really tempted to sign up for the tourney and smoke the guy just to prove a point. But I didn't, had other things to do.

I was really tempted to sign up for the tourney and smoke the guy just to prove a point.

I got the supreme pleasure of doing something like this once. I used to have a vending machine route, and one of the guys at one of my factories played too. He bragged about having 400' of distance and is a good player. Okay, cool. I told him I don't get much beyond 300' but it's accuracy and putting that matter much more and that I had a somewhat fruitful Am-1 career years ago.

Fast-forward to one random day at the old Kalamazoo Air Zoo course, and I encountered and joined him and a bunch of his friends from that factory there.

I took him by 12. He actually had a wobbly, wild 250' forehand.

When I got back to that break room on my route a few days later, one guy who wasn't a part of the festivities walked up and said, "I heard you whooped _______'s butt!" Sounds like the guy got a lesson in "internet distance."

I also remember somebody in that troupe carrying an old mold 150g Ram during that round. I've never seen one like that before or since.

We can't all demand what we want with pussnboots level of skill.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2B2C10B1-8F4F-4082-8410-078F36F794C4.jpg
    2B2C10B1-8F4F-4082-8410-078F36F794C4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 307
1) I tend to be speculative in my speculation.

2) Not sure if I think Paige deserves to be flogged with passion, or flogged with a Passion.

3) I just want to see Kristin and Paige show all of us the very best they've got got this week. They do that, and we're in for a treat! ;)

This may have been mentioned so sorry in advance but does anyone else see what happened as unsportsmanlike or cheating? If you look past the optics of the police being called and interaction with the staff member you have a player who, possibly unknowingly, went to a course that per tournament information was closed to all other competitors and attempted to get practice time in that no one else would have access to. When confronted and presented with that information she attempted to purchase the access through a membership or facility rental. Any rules about a player going outside of the tournament structure and gaining access to a course before it is made available to all competitors?

This may have been mentioned so sorry in advance but does anyone else see what happened as unsportsmanlike or cheating? If you look past the optics of the police being called and interaction with the staff member you have a player who, possibly unknowingly, went to a course that per tournament information was closed to all other competitors and attempted to get practice time in that no one else would have access to. When confronted and presented with that information she attempted to purchase the access through a membership or facility rental. Any rules about a player going outside of the tournament structure and gaining access to a course before it is made available to all competitors?

Nope and nope.

Just to add context to the argument that Paige was trying to gain access before competitors were allowed: this is a fallacy. ECC allows disc golf throughout the year, and access to the course isn't limited to the week or so before the event. Players can come play the course at any time during the week throughout the year provided they are playing during the allowed club schedule and honor the rules of the site.

https://www.emporiacc.org/disc-golf

Latest posts