• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Did you have to pay to volunteer? For the Solheim Cup here we need to pay a significant chunk of change to BE a volunteer. You get a swag bag and spectator access. You're basically paying for the pack and a discounted spectator access pass if you want to volunteer.

I have a friend that has been a spotter on #18 at Augusta during the Masters for 30 years but he does not have to pay for a uniform (he has to wear the Masters coveralls everyday starting with the women's event, Drive, Chip and Putt through Masters Sunday) and gets to play Augusta a month after the tournament for free with vendors, volunteers, etc. He has also volunteered at PGA Championships, Open Championships and US Opens. He has to pay $200 + at each of those and gets a shirt and hat he has to wear each day and a couple of logo items. I think he had to pay $500 for the 2000 US Open at Pebble Beach. This model would never work in dg with the culture that paying $50 to join the PDGA is a lot of money.

Truly odd photo for the PDGA to have on their Facebook page:

picture.php

I get the "agony of defeat" angle, but given her comments about the PDGA recently it seems like poking the bear.

I'm sensing a "Chains" type scenario.

Delay it until next year, raise another $75,000 and then document the road to the 2022 Worlds (maybe rinse/repeat then).

Make the documentary about JC..much better ending

If the documentary is truly what she has said, the drama of this years worlds is perfect. Sure she didn't win, but she's said it's the story of disc golf or something like that.