• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

What a great event and what a pleasure it was watching the FPO and MPO!

This isn't even hindsight because I thought this when it was happening live...Eagle going for eagle on #18 was not his best chance to win the event. I think by FAR Eagle's best chance was - he birdies, McBeth pars and then go to a playoff. An Eagle birdie and a McBeth par on #18 would not have been some wild, unlikely occurrence. Eagle getting an eagle on #18 was MUCH more unlikely.

In the live coverage, Terry and Robert said nothing on commentary and I looked through this forum and found no mention of this. Maybe there were some comments posted on the live coverage or maybe I am just missing something here. Eagle made the best "try to win it on the last hole" choice but not the best "try to win the event" choice.

I agree with you... I think Eagle had already made his mind up before the hole started because he was losing to both Mcbeth and Wysocki... Thinking it was unlikely that both of them were going to get par or worse. He should have changed his mind as soon as Ricky threw it in the water.

I agree with you... I think Eagle had already made his mind up before the hole started because he was losing to both Mcbeth and Wysocki... Thinking it was unlikely that both of them were going to get par or worse. He should have changed his mind as soon as Ricky threw it in the water.

I think even if Wysocki was safe off the tee, Eagle's best chance was still to try and birdie and hope the others parred. McBeth parred #18 every round and Wysocki birdied it twice and bogied twice. I don't think any eagles happened on #18 by anyone in the whole tourney.

Hannah McBeth steps in to do a bit of commentary during the 3rd hole of the Razz Round:

"Paul McBeth throwing a Star Destroyers...I mean...oh!" :p

Whoops. That's his previous sponsored brand.

2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open - National Tour2019 Performance Tracks
attachment.php

After 39 holes Catrina was projected to win by 11.53 throws.

Attachments

• GBO2019PTs.jpg
    GBO2019PTs.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 280
Sure I get that, it's just on this particular hole, it's been a spectator favorite over the years watching the pros go for the island.

If you really want to see pros go for any island, surround it with a Relief Area instead of OB. When the worst that can happen is throwing two from the DZ, everyone will go for it.

Hannah McBeth steps in to do a bit of commentary during the 3rd hole of the Razz Round:

"Paul McBeth throwing a Star Destroyers...I mean...oh!" :p

Whoops. That's his previous sponsored brand.

Are we sure he's not throwing a Discraft disc with a Star Destroyer stamp? I mean, they have the Star Wars licensing...it seems inevitable. :)

ISD-SWE.png

Went to the GBO yesterday as a spectator and i must say that was the windiest MPO round I have ever watched here in Kansas. NOAA showed gusts as high as 43mph during the round. Keeping it in bounds was the struggle of the day. Also that was one of the largest galleries I have witnessed watching a MPO event. Turned out to be a great day here in Kansas.

Interesting how playing in that wind would be miserable... but watching the best golfers play in that wind was awesome. I say our PDGA fees go towards buying giant wind machines so we can have wind like that at every tournament. It made their decision making so much more important. Even lay ups and 15 foot putts were suspenseful. In calm conditions you can just go get another beer during those shots because they are automatic for those guys.

possibly the worst idea I have ever read on these forums :gross:

i am trying to watch the DD rd 4 video with Chris Clemmons and Eric Oakley commentating so i can get to see Nate Sexton . great footage BUT these guys are pimpin' John E like he was a cross between Santa Claus and their favorite Uncle. it's got to be a team effort to put him back on everyone's good side for the brands sake.

that rant aside, Austin Hannum and Adam Hammes are names to watch out for. i am very impressed with their play, and with Mcbeth and Uli there nearby these guys could be what everyone talks about when they say the "future of pro Disc Golf". JMO

Btw...unless I'm not seeing it... 2 aces in 1 tournament? Is that not insane? wow... On another note, I just checked the payouts and Barsby didn't get any payout for his time in Kansas, man.. such a good guy. Anything medical going on or was it just one of those events?

Btw...unless I'm not seeing it... 2 aces in 1 tournament? Is that not insane? wow... On another note, I just checked the payouts and Barsby didn't get any payout for his time in Kansas, man.. such a good guy. Anything medical going on or was it just one of those events?

i'm sure if he caught Simons disease after going home he has a card for any medication he might need.

There have been players who've recorded two aces in the same tournament round so I don't think two in one tournament is too insane.

I played a ctier a couple years ago that had 5 aces by 2 players. One guy was a rec player abd had one in each round. The other was an open player and had one the first round and 2 in the second.

There have been players who've recorded two aces in the same tournament round so I don't think two in one tournament is too insane.

The two holes he aced though were pretty bonkers though. The margin of error for even hitting the line and getting close to the basket on that inside hyzer flip on 10 is ridiculous, and acing in 25+ mph winds on any hole is bonkers.

Latest posts