• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Music City Open Sept 23-26

Lloyd "The Legend" Weema actually has five career wins in PDGA-sanctioned events. Including a B Tier event!

(Of course, only one of those wins was in the MPO division. But I don't think you can hold that against a person when the PDGA deliberately wrote a rule to exclude that person from playing MPO in some events!)

Glad to see Mr. Weema back on tour. What a great example of humanity's ability to triumph.

Sucks about Jerm getting his bag stolen and all the backups, but after numerous pros have had bags stolen over the years you'd think as tedious as it is that bringing your gear in from your car every night would be common practice? Expensive to replace, but also the tools you're using for your job.

Seems in my area at least you've seen a much higher number of car break ins or people jiggling handles looking for unlocked vehicles in the last year or two. Maybe I'm sensitive because of that, but I make it a point to not have anything valuable visible, and always lock my doors.

Again, not blaming him at all…bad people will do bad things but it's surprising that after a handful of pro bag thefts that people aren't more vigilant about leaving their stuff in their cars.

I used to keep my bag and extra throwers in the trunk 24/7 but stopped that a couple of years ago.

At least he's owning up to it.

Players often think based on how well they did in practice, a tournament layout is going to play too easy…and then the course shows its teeth. Or people just have an off day. Many folks would kill to have their "bad" rounds be 1015 rated!!

I'd much rather see him own up to the ridiculous move and futility of calling out on social media the national sanctioning body…hundreds of miles away and for something completely out out their control.

Sucks about Jerm getting his bag stolen and all the backups, but after numerous pros have had bags stolen over the years you'd think as tedious as it is that bringing your gear in from your car every night would be common practice? Expensive to replace, but also the tools you're using for your job.

Seems in my area at least you've seen a much higher number of car break ins or people jiggling handles looking for unlocked vehicles in the last year or two. Maybe I'm sensitive because of that, but I make it a point to not have anything valuable visible, and always lock my doors.

Again, not blaming him at all…bad people will do bad things but it's surprising that after a handful of pro bag thefts that people aren't more vigilant about leaving their stuff in their cars.

I used to keep my bag and extra throwers in the trunk 24/7 but stopped that a couple of years ago.
Well shoot, guess I'm just going to get dropped off anytime I go play Collinsville or Clinton Hills now.

That's great! The guy is dominating one-person divisions and *cashing*. Smart play.

Exactly. Easy to accrue wins when people are too intimidated to compete against you.

And it's not like L-Dub shies away from playing in large divisions. For example:

Lloyd Weema placed ahead of more people in 2019 MPO Worlds, than he did in his 5 career wins combined.

I just turned the Disc Golf Network on and the announcers were talking about Nikko going over 30 seconds on a putt. It sounds like someone on his card timed him.

Anyone know what happened?

Well shoot, guess I'm just going to get dropped off anytime I go play Collinsville or Clinton Hills now.

I haven't heard about any breaks ins at any of the local courses themselves but Belleville is getting bad with a lot of the petty theft stuff. Not sure if it's people from the area itself or other surrounding shady towns.

I don't even leave so much as a couple of pennies in the console. Meth heads will shatter a window for anything when they're jonesing. Looking in the windows of my car, nothing will be visible to a potential thief.

I don't even leave so much as a couple of pennies in the console. Meth heads will shatter a window for anything when they're jonesing. Looking in the windows of my car, nothing will be visible to a potential thief.

any other judgements about any other people

Big Jerm just posted his bag and boxes of extras were stolen from his car at the hotel. https://www.instagram.com/bigjermdg/?hl=en

i live roughly 30 miles from Nashville (Davidson county). i worked in the southwest corner of the county ( an affluent area) for 20 years and got so disgusted with the crime and the caliber of individuals coming in to my workplace i took a buyout and early retirement in 2014. i'm guessing it hasn't gotten any better since. the year i left my company had to put a 10 ft fence around our parking area to stop the smash and grab folks from plying their trade on a daily basis. what a shame our metropolitan areas have gotten to this point.

That's a bummer about Jerm's bag and discs. Did they theft the CART as well??

In the past I know he's expressed interest in the flat opaque champ Eagle-Ls from the 11X/pfn12x era. Did any of those get stolen? A nicely seasoned disc of that vintage is exceptionally difficult to replace.

That's a bummer about Jerm's bag and discs. Did they theft the CART as well??

In the past I know he's expressed interest in the flat opaque champ Eagle-Ls from the 11X/pfn12x era. Did any of those get stolen? A nicely seasoned disc of that vintage is exceptionally difficult to replace.

I hope they stole some of those ugly shirts that he keeps trying to wear even though they are a size(or two) too small for him nowadays.. .

i live roughly 30 miles from Nashville (Davidson county)..

I would say that Williamson Co is better but we just had two stores in downtown Franklin robbed the other week. Still, Williamson Co is better :)

Sucks about the crime. It's a fun place to visit.

I was about to post how much I enjoyed the F9 lead card play on round two. Some really great throws off the tee. Nice scrambles as well.

And yes, it's not a bomber course. It's a precision course. Not a bunch of OB. Punishment is natural consequences of a bad throw.