• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Infinite discs are losing my business. Every time I order it takes longer to process and longer to get here. Back to topic...

Infinite discs are losing my business. Every time I order it takes longer to process and longer to get here. Back to topic...

The problem might be the Post Office in Salt Lake City. Tracking my shipments, I find that it's often hit-or-miss with that Post Office in getting to the ATL with any measure of speed. The fastest delivery I got from Infinite went to the Boise, ID hub instead of SLC. Ergo, it may not be Infinite's fault, but the Post Office's.

The only issue I have with Infinite is the shipping charges. They go up as one orders multiple discs to the point that I might order one disc from them if it's the weight and color I like, but i hesitate to order more. With Disc Golf Center and their discounts (and the shipping bulit into the prices), it's more economical when I need to order multiple discs.

Back to topic...

I find communitydiscs.com to ship fast (from the opposite coast, usually 3 days), cheap ($1 flat rate shipping) , has the lowest possible prices in most cases, weighs each disc, and sorts by rim color and flight plate (axiom).

He also sends a hand written note with each order. Top rate service at the most affordable prices. Can't beat that.

Justin rocks.

I find communitydiscs.com to ship fast (from the opposite coast, usually 3 days), cheap ($1 flat rate shipping) , has the lowest possible prices in most cases, weighs each disc, and sorts by rim color and flight plate (axiom).

He also sends a hand written note with each order. Top rate service at the most affordable prices. Can't beat that.

Justin rocks.

Seconded. I try to share my business between my local brick and mortar store and Community, but feel just as personally connected to Community because of the kind of communicator Justin is. I've been ordering regularly from him for three years now, and he's been awesome. Great prices, ships quickly and cheaply, and resolves even minor issues in a timely, generous manner. Justin has my loyalty; I'll never order online from someone other than him. Can't overrecommend him.

Justin rocks.

yup

Fantastic store. Once I ordered a disc and they didn't actually have it in stock. They gave me like a $5 credit.

I've got 2 max weight neutron photons I have been trying to use for distance. They are a bit to stable at the tail end for me so this raises a question. What do 167-169 fly like in comparison to the 175s

I've got 2 max weight neutron photons I have been trying to use for distance. They are a bit to stable at the tail end for me so this raises a question. What do 167-169 fly like in comparison to the 175s

I've had the same findings.

I lobe the reliability of the max weights but they're not true "Distance" discs for me.

I just picked up a 167g to test out if I can inch a bit more wiggle in the middle out of the box.

I consider myself a mid to high powered thrower (420 ft. Max measured toss) so for the Photon to literally have no turn even after intentionally seasoning it is truly impressive.
I can ever rely on it in stiff headwinds and it won't bat an eye.

Combine the beefy Neutrons with a Fission for max D and you're looking at the best distance driver to cycle on the market IMO.

Justin rocks.

CommunityDiscs.com is a standup company. Fast shipping and great website. Only minor issue is that stock of MVP/Axiom can be variable. Sometimes they have a good selection and others it can be hard to find what you want. You just have to catch it when you want it. They have been much better at New Releases rather than always keeping a good stock up other models. Another great company for exclusively MVP/Axion is Disc-king.com. Matt has been able to source color combos and/or weights that have been hard to find. He ships super fast. It usually takes 3-4 days to reach me here on the East Coast. He is also one of the few places besides Marshall Street that consistently stocks blanks. I am also told that he can get blanks of certain colors if you are able to give him enough lead time.

Got my proton. 168 vs my 155 fission and it's a perfectly complimentary beefiness.

Threw my 167g N Photon a bunch this morning.
I currently bag a 175g (beefy) Neutron and 156g (Flippy Max D) Fission so I wanted something between the two.

WOW. I can coax a medium but very controlled turn out of my 167g that will always bite back at the end. I was able to throw massive distance shots without fear of the disc flipping and never coming back, unlike my Fission if I give it too much.

The Photon has pretty well cemented itself as the only distance driver that I will ever need to carry.
I have zero plans to enter that realm with RDG so it feels good to know that I'm comfortable with my options moving forward.
That is... until Axiom gets into their DD's...

I was impressed by the upper 160 neutrons too.

But wow these protons are seriously adding 30' to shots i nornally throw. I LOVE the protons ended up keeping them all from my order lol..

Its weird.. They look nearly identical (no real dome like anyyyy other company) but there is a raise to the core shoulder which when next to eachother the protons sit a little higher. Ill try to get a picture.

Maybe trade you one of mine for the new rgd driver to test? ;)

Orange neutron on the left ... Green proton on right... 2nd pic is upside down showing sliiiight raise in proton core which makes a touch more stable/OS but adds glide. MVP bros are crazzzzy!

20151030_112044.jpg

20151030_112020.jpg

Attachments

• 20151030_112044.jpg
    20151030_112044.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20151030_112020.jpg
    20151030_112020.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts