• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I grabbed two earlier today. I am hoping for a PD that flies like my old broken in Shield stamped S-Line. It will also be my first driver in GStar. The only other disc I have in that plastic is a Roc3, which is $, so I hope these are too.

Got my new order from Discmania today. Very happy with everything aside from the SPD I received. That disc has got to be one of the beefiest discs I've ever thrown. The C-PD flew nice and straight with a hard fade, but good lord the SPD flies about like my Nuke OS 0.o

My S-PD had a long break in period before I could do something with it. I don't know what distance you throw, but maybe the disc still has flashing?
edit :
Seeing that you throw Destroyer and that you like Venom, I guess you have plenty of power for the PD... maybe you have a bad one.

first throws with 175g gold G-PD. Glidey, and not flippy at all. Threw it alongside somewhat beat P-line and it has almost the same HSS at least for me, i.e. straight rather than understable. Very good grip even when wet and the softer flightplate bothers me not at all, since it is the rim you are gripping with drivers. I will put it into the bag for further testing, but seemed stable enough and long so a very fun PD.

If anyone can compare these along side a shield stamp, I would really appreciate it. I have enough of those to last me a while but if these are different enough I'll snag one.

My shield stamp flies a little less stable than my G-line. They seem to have comparable glide. Other than that they are pds haha

A fresh S-Line (shield stamp or otherwise) is going to be more stable than the fresh G-PD; from the throws I've gotten in, I'd say fresh P-line stability is pretty accurate ... and will likely hold that stability longer than P. A fresh S-line is roughly 9/4/0/2.5; G-line is roughly 9/4/-.5/2.

If they make it to regular production, I'll snag g-lines and hope I can replace p-lines.
I only just started acquiring (hoarding) PDs so...

I'm thinking about pairing the Renegade with PD, good idea? I need an all out distance driver and want something that doesn't overlap too much with the PD.

If I go with the Renegade, my set-up will look like this:

Renegade
PD
Leopard
Aftershock
Comet
Pure

The PD and Leopard are a great combination. I like the Patriot, but I prefer the smaller rim of the Leopard and feel like I could cover the Patriot's US shots with the Renegade, PD (beat), and/or Leopard.

The PD and Leopard are a great combination. I like the Patriot, but I prefer the smaller rim of the Leopard and feel like I could cover the Patriot's US shots with the Renegade, PD (beat), and/or Leopard.

Try a S-FD or G-FD for that buttery leopard spot, they're crazy long as well :thmbup:.

A fresh S-line is roughly 9/4/0/2.5; G-line is roughly 9/4/-.5/2.

Pretty dead on from my experience today. The plastic felt amazing even in 90 F / high humidity, rim was still stiff enough to not mess with my grip. I'm bagging a slightly beat shield S-PD, G-PD, slightly beat freak stamp S-PD, and a CFR but I can see the G-PD replacing the shield stamp soon. I'll be really happy if the G-PD stays at the -1.5/1.5ish spot for a while once beaten enough.

I'm thinking about pairing the Renegade with PD, good idea? I need an all out distance driver and want something that doesn't overlap too much with the PD.

I use a Renegade to compliment my PDs. I find it works well. I have a very beat in P-PD, but I it seemed unpredictable so I opted for the Renegade. The glide on the Renegade is tremendous and works beautiful as a turn-over or long flights in tailwind. I wouldn't consider the two to overlap unless you have some really worked in P-PDs.

Broke down and bought a cpd yesterday after reading this thread over the last few days. All I can say is thanks for the input guys this was exactly what I've been searching for. I needed something more controllable with less skip than my destroyer and something that fought wind a little better than my crave. This slots between them perfectly..Mission accomplished!

Can someone give me a synopsis or link of the differences (flight,stable, understable, etc) between the patent and non-patent runs of the PD.

Anyone pick up one of those super light early run PD's from the Discmania store? I'm curious, as a 150-160 PD would be pretty sweet but not if these are the crazy meathook overstable version.

Latest posts