• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

The Freak stamp P-Lines were all over the map. The first run of them were beefy like S-Lines and gummy-ish. The next run were super firm and chipped as they seasoned. They were much, much straighter. After that, I think most of them were like the straighter runs, but the plastic was anywhere from firm to softer.

Thanks for the info. Got a couple shield stamps from the same place that are firm and grippy that I like. Saw a couple of freak stamps and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some kind of magical PD run. I guess you guys would have cleaned them out already if they were special.

Stamp doesn't matter so don't sweat it.

Plenty of bogus freak stamps and plenty of great ones. In fact, a decent amount of the shield stamps out there are old stock with new stamps. I for one love the shield stamp because it ain't ugly as ****, but in general the ppd you're likely to find on a shelf are straighter

PD are kinda like wizards. No way to know by buying blindly. I always gotta go feel'em to see if they're that good old star plastic, or make sure it isn't rubbery pro.

i like the P line PD because no matter who kinds you buy it's easy and quick to season into something special.

i like the P line PD because no matter who kinds you buy it's easy and quick to season into something special.

Which brings up another question, since they are OOP do I need to horde them?

I have a s line 171g that's almost utility OS, p line 172g that flies sweet with solid fade, and I picked up the flattest new c line I could find at PIAS 167g that's only slightly more OS than the p line and a little squirrelly on a FH throw. All are close on dome and plh.

Definitely clicking with the p line, I realize the s line will season over time. Does discmania ever bring plastic/molds back that they've dropped?

When did they drop the p line? I guess gstar is a close substitute, or the is the mindset if you want a mellow pd go buy a cd2?

I got my first PD in the mail yesterday, after throwing starfires for a while but hearing everyone talk about the PD was a better disc for that slot. Anyway, it's a real cool looking swirly blue shield stamp P PD. Star plastic is pretty grippy, not as stiff as a lot of the swirled star plastic is on like Jerm thunderbirds though. Newer runs are supposed to be pretty stable right?

I got my first PD in the mail yesterday, after throwing starfires for a while but hearing everyone talk about the PD was a better disc for that slot. Anyway, it's a real cool looking swirly blue shield stamp P PD. Star plastic is pretty grippy, not as stiff as a lot of the swirled star plastic is on like Jerm thunderbirds though. Newer runs are supposed to be pretty stable right?

I don't know how to edit and I can't find an obvious button. I meant I got an S line.

I don't know how to edit and I can't find an obvious button. I meant I got an S line.

Every one of the newer run S-Line PDs I've tried has been a great discs. Mine are also blue and have a nice flex to them along with a pretty flat top. Just digging my thumb into them I know that it's a disc that I can rip and trust to do stable things.

Sometimes I'm really happy that I'm a little addicted to buying from the Factory Store. A couple of years ago I bought a couple S-PDs from the store for a few bucks, one of them was in and out of the bag a few different times.. Volt and Thunderbird both tried to take it out but didn't succeed. Now I have two S-PDs in the bag. One with a decent bit of flip that flattens out but comes back at the end, one that's reliable and always overstable. Think I have 3-4 from that batch a few years ago, all patent #, all awesome.

Need some back up ten year aniversary's. would be willing to trade. got some limited run freak stamps if your's are new.

If they are we need to know. The plines I have resemble star more than p and are money. Long, very long stable finish. The plastic is a bit rigid for p and just the right amount of tack.

I would venture a guess that Discmania just doesn't have Innova run nearly as many P-line discs for them. Right now, there's not a P-line md3 or pd2 to be found anywhere. There also isn't a lot of metal flake out there right now, either. It kinda seems like that's Discmania's thing- run a bunch of stuff in a certain type of plastic, let it sell out, and then it goes into high demand when people can't find it anymore. How much do you wanna bet that people are going to be desperately searching out luster plastic next summer? Seems like they ran everything in that blend not too long ago.

Who knows when they'll do another run. Maybe never. If you really have to have a P-line pd, buy a back up while there are still some out there, and start/keep beating in an S-line in case they go away.

I doubt they're oop.

This is from the Discmania Official Thread from Discmania Support

P-Line PD was not one of the more popular discs to be made and we did not want to sink another major investment into something that people won't want to buy. We do have some left and will do our best to get those back in stock for you. Thanks for the question and keep an eye out for some of those popping up in the near future.

Before I found the Alpha I would've been extremely needy of P-PDs but no longer.

This is from the Discmania Official Thread from Discmania Support

P-Line PD was not one of the more popular discs to be made and we did not want to sink another major investment into something that people won't want to buy. We do have some left and will do our best to get those back in stock for you. Thanks for the question and keep an eye out for some of those popping up in the near future.

I knew I read it mentioned somewhere. Went ahead and ordered 3 more.

Yeah just ordered the last two purples from marshal. 173g. Not exactly the color or weight I wanted but..hey i got backups.