• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Drives - Form Tips -

1. Garu - by saying it's not his fault people misinterpreted you're setting a bad precedent for posting (and more generally) communicating. You are always responsible for the messages you send. While he made some good points, his thread title was misleading and it caused a bad reaction.

REALITY CHECK FOR ALL THE PEOPLE RAGING: This is not the first time that presentation overshadowed content - in fact there's an old saying "it's not what you say, but how you say it" because of this very issue.

2. Kachtz - I've got no personal beef with you man, but jesus christ get sack up. Get some thick skin about you, if you think you're gonna be a world record holder and somehow not catch more flak than a tiny internet forum on DG can provide then you need to wake up.

.02 added, peace

His title is perfect. He showed putter drives and gave excellent form tips. Nearly every tip he gave was in relation to the important part of the throw. What many focused on was the line he threw and parts of his form that he didn't even comment on and quite frankly, aren't nearly as important as what he did focus on. I do think it's important to point out the little things he did to get that line, but those are fairly minor and once again, had nothing to do with the incredibly good tips he gave.

I do agree he could use some thicker skin. I'd like to see more posts like this from him. He has a really good concept of what it takes to throw the way he does and the more people that can communicate these concepts the more chances those of us that can't throw like that will learn more. I also think that more people should be more encouraging to him to get him to post more rather than being unnecessarily negative, especially on points that are irrelevant to the concepts he's teaching.

Let him go, im sick of watching people worship his bad form.
I'll take 400' of putter D with bad form over 250' of putter D with good form any day. My interpretation of what he said was that the 9 putter throws he had ranged from 372' to 414'. That's getting within 22' of a 392' target 9 out of 9 times. That's pretty good consistency for "bad form."

The people criticizing are the ones who don't understand the part of the throw he's describing. When someone flat out tells you to stop posting (insightful) tips on how you just threw a putter farther than 99.5% of disc golfers I can imagine you'd feel like it wasn't worth the bother anymore.

Technique is what this post us about, not form. You don't have prettiest form but the technique is legit. Replace form with "technique" in the title and people won't get hung up on it. They opened it to see the "form" they expect to see from smooth Pros. When most people see what they consider sloppy form, they will not be able see the underlying technique. I'm not trying to bash you because I am a DGR technique junky that understands what you want to say(and I throw faaaar). Some of your points could use rewording so that people are more accepting

I found his comments about the hand, elbow, and shoulders residing in the same plane enormously useful. I think, as he said this is a very common problem. Thanks, Kacthz.

Sorry you feel picked on Kachtz. I was annoyed when Mike C was pushed out. Ditto here. Hope you choose to stay.

It's all about the hammer pound. That's the secret to throwing far. It's not about reachback, it's not about the x-step, it's not about the line your throw. It's all about the hammer pound. All that other stuff will help make incremental improvements, but throwing really far is all about the hammer pound.

by_the_way-3168.gif

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE

hammer_pound_nail_md_wht.gif

And the rest of us only throw a putter 400 ft on the internetz. :\

Sorry you feel picked on Kachtz. I was annoyed when Mike C was pushed out. Ditto here. Hope you choose to stay.

Same here.

Count me among those that hope Kachtz stays put. I'd like to see more from him and Mike C. I think it's great to see videos from people other than the regulars like Climo, Nikko, etc. Especially when they produce amazing results like this.

I can't believe the haters on this thread. I'd like to see one of them post a video of themselves throwing a putter like that.....anyone??? bueller??? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Same here.

Count me among those that hope Kachtz stays put. I'd like to see more from him and Mike C. I think it's great to see videos from people other than the regulars like Climo, Nikko, etc. Especially when they produce amazing results like this.

I can't believe the haters on this thread. I'd like to see one of them post a video of themselves throwing a putter like that.....anyone??? bueller??? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Some of us don't have a video camera. Fact of the matter is, he's got distance. He doesn't have control. He will not gain control until he gets rid of that nasty OAT. In other threads, we preach "throw a comet, if it turns over you have bad form" and "Put down those fast drivers you oat monkey and learn with putters and mids". I stand by my guns, when the majority of this forum gets hypocritical once they see a long throw. Now I'm a hater because I say what I say to every guy that turns over a disc that should not be turned over, regardless whether they threw 200' or 400'? I'm not hating on kachtz, or dislike him for throwing farther than me, I just try to stay consistent in what I say.

And yes, wizards can handle 400' without turning over like that. For distance shots up to about 350' with a wizard, I throw a flex shot. They have more than enough stability to be thrown on anhyzer and come back.

When you've played with a guy that can throw an X Putt'r on a 300 foot hyzer without turning it over, you learn how bad most people's OAT really is. (his wind putter is a soft magic)

Some of us don't have a video camera. Fact of the matter is, he's got distance. He doesn't have control. He will not gain control until he gets rid of that nasty OAT. In other threads, we preach "throw a comet, if it turns over you have bad form" and "Put down those fast drivers you oat monkey and learn with putters and mids". I stand by my guns, when the majority of this forum gets hypocritical once they see a long throw. Now I'm a hater because I say what I say to every guy that turns over a disc that should not be turned over, regardless whether they threw 200' or 400'? I'm not hating on kachtz, or dislike him for throwing farther than me, I just try to stay consistent in what I say.
I think his OAT is controlled, though. He just doesn't know that that's what he's doing to call it the right thing.

When you've played with a guy that can throw an X Putt'r on a 300 foot hyzer without turning it over, you learn how bad most people's OAT really is. (his wind putter is a soft magic)
That sounds like OAT to me, too. It's roll under instead of roll over, but OAT none the less. ;)

I think his OAT is controlled, though. He just doesn't know that that's what he's doing to call it the right thing.

That sounds like OAT to me, too. It's roll under instead of roll over, but OAT none the less. ;)

You can't tell if his OAT is controlled because he's only thrown one line on video. And never had a target aside from as far away from himself as possible.

He probably does roll under when he throws putters, but it's controlled and on a golf line. There's nothing wrong with throwing with oat if you understand it. Generally it's a quick finesse wrist flick to make something turn or not turn. Throwing as hard as you can into the air and hoping it turns over just right is not controlling it (watch his wind distance video, a lot of them just died out).

See for yourself, he lives and plays about 20 miles north of your area. Play a round with him sometime in Ames leagues since my understanding is you don't play tournaments. Look for Tim with about 4-5 Putt'rs in his bag.

Dude, you are providing good info for all players. Dont let the douches get to you. No your form is not perfect, no ones is. Most the people bagging on you do not provide any usefull info at all.

Keep on providing what you can to this forum and DG in general. You are blessed with power that 80% of players will never reach, much less in there first year.
Thanks for the vid and tips!

I don't see any OAT. I see him using the Swedish lever style of throwing, which he seems to have down really well.

Some of us don't have a video camera. Fact of the matter is, he's got distance. He doesn't have control. He will not gain control until he gets rid of that nasty OAT.

Jeesh... I guess i will have to put together a video of him in game showing his control.

This is getting ridiculous.

Back in an hour after i've compiled the video.

if you guys wanna see his "golf" shots watch his other vids on the course.. dude's good.

I don't see any OAT. I see him using the Swedish lever style of throwing, which he seems to have down really well.

I thought it looked very reminiscent of the Swedish style too.

katchz can't leave until he uploads a vid of him throwing the hell out of an Ion. :|