• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Drives - Form Tips -

Someday I'll feel safe reading dgcr at work. But it won't be until people confine the photos of naked people to the landfill. :thmbdown:

Someday I'll feel safe reading dgcr at work. But it won't be until people confine the photos of naked people to the landfill. :thmbdown:
Go to "User CP" and click "Edit Options." There's a check box there that lets you turn off pictures. You can also turn off avatars and signatures. If we're lucky some day they'll have one for videos, too.

Its clear alot of you guys are getting up there in age and cant see properly.

It also has nothing to do with jealously btw, i know plenty of people that can throw farther then me and im not bothered by this. I know this sport takes time to master.

The real comical part is about 75% of the people who are now "attacking" my video, state (in other threads) that them themselves cant throw past 350-375.

Its also clear most of you have never been trolled before...

Welcome to the internet.

you admitted you are trolling therefore I can report all your posts as such. If you insist on insulting Kachtz, I will show you what a real troll is. Either contribute or get the hell out of this thread. If you want to goof off go to the landfill.

Last edited:
Kachtz is a freak of nature. He tries a sport and immediately masters it.
He tried to play darts and won the championship. He is a semi pro football player, a high class soccer player, He has matched the fastest golf swing, and now can throw a disc over 700 feet. That is who he is. He attracts haters because he is that good.
217622_1946188622422_1473737917_32221242_8373488_n.jpg

OK this thread is AWESOME! I feel like I just wasted 30 minutes but then again it was totally worth it!

you admitted you are trolling therefore I can report all your posts as such. If you insist on insulting Kachtz, I will show you what a real troll is. Either contribute or get the hell out of this thread. If you want to goof off go to the landfill.

When did i ever insult Kachtz?

You sit here and call him a liar that he is really only throwing 300 not 414. All of your garbage about his teachings being poor have been deleted, as should all of your posts on the topic of distance driving.
When you ask for advice for your own bad form how can you critique him?
If you want to contribute your expertise to a thread here you go
Let the man do his thing. We enjoy his videos and watching his progress.

This is my favorite thread ever!!!!! Days of entertainment, please, please, please keep up the good work.

the scariest part is that Kachtz and Beto even look alike. I think they are both about the same height (6'4") and they both have blond hair. they may be twins separated at birth o_O. now I want a video of them throwing side by side ala the GG/Macbeth video.

prerube are you doing the filming of these vids? I don't know how good you are at editing but i think we need a multi-angle simultaneous slow-mo vid like JR did of Avery in Finland. that would really show the subtleties of monsterous throws. Actually I think more throw analysis vids need the top down view.

keep up the good work guys.

To get this thread back on track, I'll post these questions that I had before:

One thing that kachtz demonstrates well in the video is a full range of motion on the reachback, especially with a full turn of the shoulders. This is something I probably need to start doing to get more distance. I just sort of feel out of control whenever I go for a full reachback. It's probably the same reason I don't like driving on the freeway, there's just too much going on, lol. But do you necessarily sacrifice accuracy when u go for the full reachback and turn away? Just a matter of practice?

Too bad that a guy with so much talent, also seems to be one of the biggest d-bags in the sport.

Granted, I don't know him personally, but when I see and hear about things like that, I don't want to. I don't care how good they are.

Yeah yeah, in the past Brad has been known to be in other peoples word, a "prick", or known by some as the "Texas Cactus". And to be honest at first thats all I had ever heard about him as well, and just because thats what everyone else said about him i somewhat held the same opinion. BUT not ever knowing the guy on a more personal level, I did give him the benefit of the doubt, as should everyone else. Now I know theres times where he gets a little intense but, this guy practices golf A LOT, and i believe when you work so hard to be the best at something you get to where you don't want to accept failure, and when you don't suceed as well as you know you can, it can be very frustrating.

When it comes to his dedication, it's definitely there, there's a reason he is one of the best in the world right now.I've watched him putt/throw in the field for hours at a time, from his bag, to a random tree, back and forth, putters only for a while, mids only, then drivers only, all hyzer, all straight, etc....Me personally i can't keep my focus for that long, but Brad just has that drive where he wants to become a better player in every aspect of his game.

Now as far as his attitude goes, it's a work in progress. Brad has admitted he would like to change the way he controls himself, and that is his one of his goals for the new year, is to change the way he acts, and the way others percieve him.

The big thing that stuck out for me was his willingness to help others improve their game. I've ran into people before that seemed snobish when asking for help, but Brad was more than willing to help other dg'ers out. My gf just started playing a month ago and her 4th full round ever Brad played a round with us, and instead of getting agitated with having a "noob" around he was constantly trying to help tweak her form and giving pointers. Now 1 month later and shes allready throwing backhand in the 190's with a max drive of 215, which might not sound like much, but these are flat, smooth drives, not boomerangs or giant "s" shots. I sure wish i would have had a pro around when i started. lol... She's allready outdriving some of the 2disc-douchers, and most of them are in shock, its great. I just can't wait until she's hitting the 300's!! Be looking for the 5' wonder lol

I know this was long and I'm, sorry that i went on and on, but i really feel like people should know the other side of Brad and not just judge him from what they've heard as I almost did. I was just really impressed with the way he handled himself and by how much love and dedication he has for the sport.

To get this thread back on track, I'll post these questions that I had before:

Uhhh...yes, if you can keep your eyes on the target thats typically going to be more accurate, and yes practice helps.

Uhhh...yes, if you can keep your eyes on the target thats typically going to be more accurate, and yes practice helps.

personally i feel that the moment you reach back muscle memory takes over, this is where all those hours of field practice come in. If you line yourself up right then your target should be in a straight line from your reachback and if you pull straight across your body, then your throw should be in line with your target. If you're still watching your target there is tension being caused in the neck and shoulder area which shouldn't be there. Your body should feel free and loose...i'm definitely not a pro by any means but most pros watch the hit not the target

I'm sure most people have allready seen this video, but it has helped me a lot
Avery Jenkins Slo-mo

Dave Feldberg told us that when he is throwing he is looking at nothing. You line it up and visualize, then let technique take over. I'm throwing alot farther now that I'm not trying to crane my neck around to keep my eyes down the fairway.

personally i feel that the moment you reach back muscle memory takes over, this is where all those hours of field practice come in. If you line yourself up right then your target should be in a straight line from your reachback and if you pull straight across your body, then your throw should be in line with your target. If you're still watching your target there is tension being caused in the neck and shoulder area which shouldn't be there. Your body should feel free and loose...i'm definitely not a pro by any means but most pros watch the hit not the target
Watch the way Ken Climo does it. He'll take his eyes off the target during the reach back but he makes visual contact with the target as soon as he can and keeps it throughout the follow through. It's one of the reasons he's the golfer who has played the most consistent, really excellent golf for the longest time.

Being able to do it with just muscle memory is good, but adding the visual contact with the target is better.

The top down videos are nice, but really you'll see about the same thing during the important part of the throw from most all big arms. It's the same as the pictures from the thread at DGR that I linked to earlier.