• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Confidence Program

Will you commit to the program?

• Total voters
Did my practice today... I've been getting off and on the program since the summer and it makes a huge difference for me... about 85% from 20' whereas in the summer it was 60%.. it lets me run at the basket a little harder and not throw as many low layups. In fact I should move the basket up from the lower yard so I can putt at night again..

I still work in regular putting practice and throw for more than 15 min but I always warm up in close with my favourites... then abandon the program and move out and bomb off a bagfull of putters but I focus on favourite 2 or 3 discs first then just keep picking them up and throwing line drives (?) without looking at the putter or compensating for stability so I can focus on a comfortable form and the release point, it also helps me putt through the basket rather than to it. If I mix a Glowfly in it lets me see where I'm going wrong. Within 20' it doesn't seem to make much difference if its a Magic, Wizard or a Zone as long as I'm snapping it flat, clean and right at it.

Eh, it works for me!

Did my practice today after days of not being able to because of family matters and being sick as a dog. Good to get back in the groove!

Did my set tonight, and found my form again. I will keep it @ 20-23 feet for a while, but I am tempted to step it back a few more feet.

Did my putting practice yesterday and today! Got a tournament tomorrow, so I'm excited to see if the practice will pay off. It's going to be in the 30s and windy, so it will be interesting.

Did mine yesterday and today. Today I did exceptionally well before it started raining. I putted twice as much as I usually do and was very happy with the results. It was one of those moments where I really saw my accuracy improve from the program. I'm glad this thread exists. :clap:

Ditto on the kudos for the thread.. I do better under constant pressure and cornered like a rat in a trap. What I'm trying to say is thanks for the kick in the a** , did my practice today.

Did 1/2 practice... then a buddy showed up and we played 27 holes. I'm gonna nail it tomorrow too!!! if I score a point tomorrow at church it's a 5week streak (I'll tie the other guy)

I did my practice before and in between rounds in the tournament yesterday.

I won the Advanced division yesterday too! Practice has definitely paid off. I still missed a few putts inside of the 10m circle, but I also made a few outside to make up for some of those. The important thing is, I didn't lose confidence in my putting after a miss like I normally would.

I'll start in March, thank you, maybe April

I AM definitely going to do this putting confidence program.
But it's January 31 here in Indiana.
Last week one of my dye discs hit center post and broke in half.:wall:

I did my practice before and in between rounds in the tournament yesterday.

I won the Advanced division yesterday too! Practice has definitely paid off. I still missed a few putts inside of the 10m circle, but I also made a few outside to make up for some of those. The important thing is, I didn't lose confidence in my putting after a miss like I normally would.

Congrats! That encourages me to keep going.

Las week, I made a real nice long put on the first hole to save par, but then was missing some short putts.

I need to stick with a putting identity. I seem to be random on whether I go push, loft, or hyzer type techniques, and any of them I seem to do well after I stick with it a while, just have to make one mine.

Missed yesterday, but I did mine this morning before I went and played with my friends this afternoon. It paid off big time. I made at least four putts for birdie that wouldn't have been in my confidence range a few weeks ago. Going out to do another 15 minutes right now.

I got mine in today but missed the weekend. I need a basket for the house!!!!:\

I am telling you, I am in heaven now that I have a basket. I always go out to smoke and now, the sacrifice of my lungs is finally doing something beneficial.

Cant wait until it warms up so I can move it around for more realistic variances, since putting on a flat, unimpeded plane is rarely the case.