• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting System

I carry two yeti aviars. one is 175g and red, the other is 171ish and blue. the red one is my main putter, the blue one comes out for longer putts and anhyzer putts or headwind putts. I like having two putters in case I'm not feeling one I can blame the putter and go to the other one.

I have 3 sets of putters i rotate through for putting 2 mcpros, 2 s warlocks, 2 ss warlocks. I like them broken in alot but it took 6 months to get the mcpros broken in well and im switching warlock sets every few weeks. In each set i use one for in the circle and 1 for out. This is so i dont have to think which one is on that day or make a decision about which to use. I also drive with two yetis and a pa1. I like to putt with beadless and it feels weird to putt with beads and for driving i dont drive beadless as well so i drive with beaded putters. Also i got the warlocks because the mcpros cost alot more and they are extremely similar in mold and feel i can hardly tell a difference in shape. But i got 3 warlocks for what it would cost me to get one mcpro.. Worth it

I have a matching pair of white mini stamped hard Judges for putting, and two other sets for backup/practice.
I also carry 2-3 other hard Judges for driving and approaches.

I own 10 Pure's in medium zero plastic. I practice with them all, and rotate them in/out of the bag to keep similar wear. I'll use it to putt, and for upshots. I like that it will hold a straight line for longer puts and upshots, or turn either way with ease with very little fade.

I have a Sinus, and a Gold line Pure that I use for driving/mid range shots. Sinus if I want fade, pure if I don't.

Beat up 170g Small Bead Aviar for drives. Dont really use it for upshots as its hard to range sometimes.

Beat up 167g Yeti Aviar for upshots and long runs at the basket. Sits where it hits.

171g DX Rhyno for drives/upshots/putts in the wind.

Beat up 175g KC Aviar for the majority of my putts.

I use two Mcpros for any putt I'm running at. They glide very well and have good stability so I typically run at it within about 80 feet.

I have one champ aviar that is beat in to be very straight. It holds the line for any shorter approaches but if I power it down it is dead straight.

I will probably grab a newer champ aviar for more overstability and hyzers. My beat one is too straight to trust on a short hyzer drive/approach.

And I have one lightweight dx aviar for easy turnovers.

Funny enough, someone asked me on the weekend and I had 4 different putters in my bag from 4 different companies

Main putter is a max weight Daredevil Polar Bear

Max KC Aviar in there as well

A zone for reliable hyzer approaches

A soft wizard for when the Polar Bear isn't doing its job

Lately, I have three putters in the bag...

Two of these are Wizards (John definitely knows what's up). One is firm - usually an Organic blend or lately I've been digging the $$$ putters from Gateway. This firm putter I use for short or downhill drives as well as approaches up to 150'. I also bag an RFF Wizard that is getting beat to hell. I'll use the floppy putter for precarious basket placements where rolling poses a serious problem.

The other mold I throw is a Magic. These are for putts inside the circle and the occasion jump putt up to 75' or so. If I have a straight line at the basket, I put the Magic on a rope to the heart of the chains. Typically, I throw the Super Soft blend although those Erase Magics have been known to erase strokes from my score!

I carry three soft bangers. One I only putt with and the other two for long approaches and off the pad.

If the plan is to hole-out, then its a soft magnet no matter the distance/wind/elevation/obstruction. Same soft magnet for the past 4 years.

Zero Medium Pure for all putting and jump-putts and upshots that I want to stick.

Opto Pure for "normal" driving duties and slidey/skiddy upshots.

ESP Zone for skips, spike hyzer and forehand drives and approaches.

One straight flying clutch for 99% of putts. I use putters for the vast majority of upshots within their range and I drive putters often when I play shorter courses. As for those putters I don't care if they are the same as each other or as my main putters, right now I happen to use two challengers for this duty.

Latest posts