• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PVC disc storage

What about switching out a few of the end 4 ways with some 5 ways, might save you a bunch of material. Maybe the wife wont notice. As your collection grows, you can add to each level. I bet you can put 15+ discs on each off chute and they wont bow at all. Easy way to add 150 discs to your rack without building a whole new one.

I am amazed at what I had/have stored away in boxes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Discs Rack addition.jpg
    Discs Rack addition.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 483
What about switching out a few of the end 4 ways with some 5 ways, might save you a bunch of material. Maybe the wife wont notice. As your collection grows, you can add to each level. I bet you can put 15+ discs on each off chute and they wont bow at all. Easy way to add 150 discs to your rack without building a whole new one.

I am amazed at what I had/have stored away in boxes.

problem now is that it is between a door and a file cabinet and it just fits in that space...

Mine is done. 1 1/4" PVC and US Plastic fittings with no glue. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 201
Urban legend.

According to the internet, glass is a supercooled liquid, but would take millions of years, not decades, to change its shape perceptibly. Myth busted! Thanks for sharing!

With plastic discs, I suspect the deformation we see in hot conditions is the result of warping, not flowing. If it were fluid flow that deforms our discs, standing them on edge would probably do more harm than good.

No weather stripping on mine for now, not convinced I need it yet.
I'm now convinced. Without the stripping there's a decent chance the discs will twist sideways a bit and if that happens they can easily fall through the shelf.

$2 / 17' at Home depot:
IMAG0247.jpg

I'm now convinced. Without the stripping there's a decent chance the discs will twist sideways a bit and if that happens they can easily fall through the shelf.

Go upscale: attach a strip of velcro to each side and put a piece of fabric with the opposite side of velcro (loop part on the PVC, hook part on the fabric) to form a little soft hammock. Not tight (flat) across, just a gentle valley of fabric.

Just ordered parts for my second (roc) rack... will have 48" shelves and a half shelf for the top... no center divider.
will post pics of course.

pipes are bought, fittings should be here today, may have to build tomorrow however...
pics to follow of course... this will be a Roc Rac for those who are curious :)

Roc Rac is completed!!

IMAG0449.jpg

Is the bottom for bags, or will you stack them on top of each other down there? Or is the gap narrow enough that they won't hit the floor and not rest on the "rails" on that bottom layer?

What are the dimensions?

Latest posts