• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

Bump in the road...
I purchased 8 F2 champ RRs from the factory store and i am extremely pleased (except for the accidental Krait that arrived). Anyone else use the RR as their go-to? I never understood the '-4, 1'. They feel and fly like a longer Leopard to me. I do spend my dg time in the woods.

Bump in the road...
I purchased 8 F2 champ RRs from the factory store and i am extremely pleased (except for the accidental Krait that arrived). Anyone else use the RR as their go-to? I never understood the '-4, 1'. They feel and fly like a longer Leopard to me. I do spend my dg time in the woods.

Getting that Krait might be a blessing in disguise. Kraits are good discs.

Getting that Krait might be a blessing in disguise. Kraits are good discs.

The real blessing was the 3 out of the 7 Champ F2s appear to be pfn(s). They have the same tooling, patent #'s and pearl as my old pfn champ while the others have the newer tooling.
The Krait feels a bit clunky in my hand. Maybe on a more open course...

Bump in the road...

Star and GStar are much more understable in my experience.

Star and GStar are much more understable in my experience.

I was lucky enough to find a red star RR yesterday (also pfn). Dude was rolling through town and already on his way out. 'Keep it' was the last text he sent! Looking forward to letting this thing fly at 65% with a slight hyzer angle.

For those who throw the RR as a workhorse - what do you think of the TD? Appears to be a RR bottom and the anhyzer top... That RR bottom is so comfy for FH, who would have thunk? Nothing wrong with flicking a champ RR, but I was curious to see if the TD would FH a little better.

For those who throw the RR as a workhorse - what do you think of the TD? Appears to be a RR bottom and the anhyzer top... That RR bottom is so comfy for FH, who would have thunk? Nothing wrong with flicking a champ RR, but I was curious to see if the TD would FH a little better.

I really like the TD - It feels very similar to a RR - I got a S line TD that had a slight dome to it and it flew fairly stable. I also picked up a newer S-TD (haha yea) and it was flatter and flew more like a faster RR. The C Line TD would likely handle power/forehand better - have more stability.

Hard to say which would forehand better for you but I'd say try a C-line TD and see for yourself :)

Overall the TD is nice , feels really similar to RR and C line would likely be more stable and handle the FH.

I really like the TD - It feels very similar to a RR - I got a S line TD that had a slight dome to it and it flew fairly stable. I also picked up a newer S-TD (haha yea) and it was flatter and flew more like a faster RR. The C Line TD would likely handle power/forehand better - have more stability.

Hard to say which would forehand better for you but I'd say try a C-line TD and see for yourself :)

Overall the TD is nice , feels really similar to RR and C line would likely be more stable and handle the FH.

I also like the TD. Mine is an S-line. It throws really well for me, nice and OAT-free... once had someone on my course watch me throw it off the tee and he complimented me on the form of the throw. I never really used the TD like I would use the Roadrunner, though, and I don't think I ever threw either disc forehand. But it (the TD) probably would work well for you.

Took the CTD out to the woods today to try it out for FH. Flies very HSS and actually skips a ton if you under power it and put it on the right line/angle. I don't have the power to turn it over when thrown with no OAT, so your results may vary.

Anyone else throwing the Barsby tour series Roadrunner? I got one as a gift (Thanks Brent!) and it's settling nicely into the flippy control-speed driver slot. Had previously vacillated between champ RR and champ SW.

The Barsby RR is flat. Star plastic is not slick, and a nice medium between floppy and ultra-stiff. Feels great in the hand.

Fresh out of the box was surprisingly straight (at 3000' of elevation, when thrown 300-330' on flat ground without wind). But after a month in the bag it's beaten in to have a slight but predictable flip, and doesn't really fade if you keep the nose down. Great for hyzerflipping to dead straight, or gentle predictable turnovers. Flies like a longer Eagle L, which is a very big compliment coming from me.

Becomes more of a workhorse driver for me at mountain elevations. Went on trip through Yellowstone and Targhee, and realized that the Roadrunner gets more and more throws in proportion to the average elevation of the course I'm playing.

Took my new Glow Roadrunner out today, and for my armspeed it does not fly anything Close to 9,5,-4,1. . i have dics with -2 or even -1 turn that are more flippy than my roadrunner..

My max distance with a driver is around 100m . . . i got the longest throw of my Life today with the roadrunner. 117m. . slight downhill at the end..but still :)

For me and throws around 80-90m the roadrunner goes straight and lands straight and flat. . strange for a disc with -4 turn

Took my new Glow Roadrunner out today, and for my armspeed it does not fly anything Close to 9,5,-4,1.

I picked up an almost new domey champ glow RR and it flies about -2/1.5 for me. Kinda cool but not the flippy turnover disc I was anticipating. Haven't thrown any others.

One thing about this Innova Glow, it was VERY "oily" , no grip at all. . .hade too wash it and then rubb some sand on it.

Are all Innova Glow like this? i Have alot of Glow disc but never hade this "problem" before

Will a Star be similar to my Glow or alot more US? . . or in other Words, is the Glow the most "stable" Roadrunner plastics?

Will a Star be similar to my Glow or alot more US? . . or in other Words, is the Glow the most "stable" Roadrunner plastics?

I had a 167g Star RR that was more like -1 turn. IIRC there have been some relatively stable Stars and/or StarLite discs. Seems like they have been in the speed 9 category.

They did some MF champ Roadrunners a few years back for the CFR program. I had a blue one that was more stable than the glow Champ I've thrown (but still not really close to OS...just took longer to develop flip and did not get as flippy).

But both the MF and glow Champs were more stable than the regular champ (and the one star I've thrown). But only by a little. Still not really close to OS, even when brand new. Just a notch straighter.

I will say, that the domier Roadrunners seem to show more turn and more fade than the flat one currently in my bag. So the most stable/OS acting RR would probably be a fresher domey one, that doesn't really show much turn yet but has more pronounced fade.

Latest posts