• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Roc vs. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Roc

Votes: 99 50.3%
  • Buzzz

Votes: 98 49.7%

• Total voters
Which part? That a Roc is more OS, or that overstability compensates for OAT and low spin-to-disc speed?

I don't look at numbers. They mean nothing to me. But yeah you are right playing in the NC woods for years has taught me that off axis torque is the best way through the trees :doh:. The DX Roc is a straighter flier out of the box than say an ESP Buzzz.

...The DX Roc is a straighter flier out of the box than say an ESP Buzzz.

The D Buzzz is a straigter flier out of the box than say a Star Roc. Those comparisons are meaningless.

So Rocs aren't the superior mold for cycling then? I thought the general consensus was that they were.

The D Buzzz is a straigter flier out of the box than say a Star Roc. Those comparisons are meaningless.

So Rocs aren't the superior mold for cycling then? I thought the general consensus was that they were.

You are both right. I would argue that the Roc is more overstable than the Buzzz. It's just more sensitive to form flaws and needs to be thrown cleaner. A Buzzz is much easier for a torque monkey to hurl.

When I threw FH only I gravitated to the Buzzz because my form was terrible. I threw one Roc, and (lefty here) it fluttered way right on me the majority of the time. It wasn't until I cleaned up my throw that the Roc started to show its beauty to me.

Ever thrown a #3 or higher Roc?

Oh of course, they fly very true. I was merely defending my old friend Buzzz, and touch has precisely zero to do with it (to an extent). Curious if Tpro can flick his #4 Roc at full power, I know I do with beat Comets;)

Oh of course, they fly very true. I was merely defending my old friend Buzzz, and touch has precisely zero to do with it (to an extent). Curious if Tpro can flick his #4 Roc at full power, I know I do with beat Comets;)

Haha No way I'll be the first to say my Forehand is not pretty. Utility only.. I'd rather throw left handed. Don't bring Comets into this! They are the Jam! Also I rarely see people throwing baseline buzzz' I guess that's why I make the comparison that I do.

Haha No way I'll be the first to say my Forehand is not pretty. Utility only.. I'd rather throw left handed. Don't bring Comets into this! They are the Jam! Also I rarely see people throwing baseline buzzz' I guess that's why I make the comparison that I do.

All good my friend. I've thrown many X and D Buzzz' over the years but I'll admit I never liked them too much. Hell, I hated beaded mids (excluding Cobra and Spider for some reason) for over a decade...one of the reasons I'm not a Roc thrower. Truth be told I probably should be, I digress. Same reason I only started throwing Comets within the past year or so - I love how easily you can manipulate them from sweeping hyzers to late turnovers with no fade to lazers. Wonderful mold.

Oddly enough I was feeling up a favorite old Z Buzzz of mine the other day and I preferred the grip on the Comet. Who'd have thought?

/Grip

I'm not a Roc guy either, but I brought some Rocs with me today for a field work session. I really enjoy watching them fly, they
glide incredibly well and fly beautiful lines. I think I'm gonna add some to my bag. I used to hate the grip, but now I dont mind. I actually prefer the grip to the grip of a Buzzz these days. Crazy, I know. I must be getting old

I really enjoy watching them fly, they
glide incredibly well and fly beautiful lines.

^Exactly why I've always bagged Rocs. It's the perfect disc for all the woods courses I play.

I've only ever thrown one Buzzz before; it's a new Z Buzzz. I can throw that thing longer and straighter than my KC Rocs. I've reached 350'-or-so with the Buzzz, while I usually only throw my Rocs 300'-325' max. I still prefer the feel, grip and control of my Rocs though.

I'm not a Roc guy either, but I brought some Rocs with me today for a field work session. I really enjoy watching them fly, they
glide incredibly well and fly beautiful lines. I think I'm gonna add some to my bag. I used to hate the grip, but now I dont mind. I actually prefer the grip to the grip of a Buzzz these days. Crazy, I know. I must be getting old

What kind of plastic? I've yet to find a plastic out there that glides like beat dx plastic. And the grip gets better the more they beat in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good my friend. I've thrown many X and D Buzzz' over the years but I'll admit I never liked them too much. Hell, I hated beaded mids (excluding Cobra and Spider for some reason) for over a decade...one of the reasons I'm not a Roc thrower. Truth be told I probably should be, I digress. Same reason I only started throwing Comets within the past year or so - I love how easily you can manipulate them from sweeping hyzers to late turnovers with no fade to lazers. Wonderful mold.

Oddly enough I was feeling up a favorite old Z Buzzz of mine the other day and I preferred the grip on the Comet. Who'd have thought?

/Grip
My daughter had a bunch of bright pink ProD Buzzz that I never paid much attention to; she weeded a bunch of discs to get rid of and those Buzzz look like absolute garbage. They are all concave, the plastic feels like wax and they are a whole bunch of ick. Is that typical for a ProD Buzzz? I know they were not concave when we bought them.

My daughter had a bunch of bright pink ProD Buzzz that I never paid much attention to; she weeded a bunch of discs to get rid of and those Buzzz look like absolute garbage. They are all concave, the plastic feels like wax and they are a whole bunch of ick. Is that typical for a ProD Buzzz? I know they were not concave when we bought them.

Yep. They clover/sink substantially. Elmex or whatever his name is is always talking about it. I voted Buzzz as a devoted fan since I got my FR Buzzz new. I've thrown a few. I threw Big Bird DX Rocs before that. The Buzzz is faster, longer, and can be thrown lower than most Rocs. I'm given to understand that the 3 mold may have changed that somewhat, but have no experience. I also find cycling to be mostly of sentimental value, which is probably unpopular but accurate.

:sigh:

Tried to leave this thread for the benefit of DGCR, yet here we are Mr. Supermod lol

Yeah, D Buzzz' are the worst version of any great mold I've ever come across. I have a perfectly beat 170ish ESP I can send you for her if you want (no ink!). I'm sure you recall I'll throw the hell out of 4/10 Cobras and the like...that said I plan on never throwing a base plastic Buzzz again in my life. IIRC elmex likes them but that doesn't say much:D

Clover top/wonky near instantly.

EDIT: didn't read muddys post before I typed mine out. Too funny

:sigh:

Tried to leave this thread for the benefit of DGCR, yet here we are Mr. Supermod lol

Yeah, D Buzzz' are the worst version of any great mold I've ever come across. I have a perfectly beat 170ish ESP I can send you for her if you want (no ink!). I'm sure you recall I'll throw the hell out of 4/10 Cobras and the like...that said I plan on never throwing a base plastic Buzzz again in my life. IIRC elmex likes them but that doesn't say much:D

Clover top/wonky near instantly.

EDIT: didn't read muddys post before I typed mine out. Too funny
I mean thanks for the offer and all, that's generous. I taught her to throw Comets, though. We are getting rid of the Buzzz.

I was just curious if these discs were typical because if I was Discraft I would be embarrassed to have my company name stamped on these pieces of dung. That's coming from somebody who owns and throws a lot of Discraft discs; I'm actually shocked at how bad they are. I don't think we can sell or trade them; I think they are going in the trash.

Thanks for the reply.

Tried to do the Roc cycle thing after I picked up a beat 5/10 KC Roc that flew like, well, a 5/10 KC Roc - a ****in' dream. Straight, glidey, 4.5/5/-.5/1 perfection.

Picked up Rocs and used rocs etc etc, could never capture the same flight. Realized I don't like the flight of a fresh Roc.

Now it's wasps / buzzzes / US mids all in premium baby <3 <3

100% typical

the pro d plastic is terrible a crayola crayon is moar durable

i would rarely recommend a pro d buzz to anyone

i just happen to like it and how it connects my bag all together and its predictable for me after it takes a respectable beating

plus if someone finds it after you lost it they are usually moar than happy to call you back and get rid of it haha

for most people its hard to get past the puddle top and clover top and every ding is noticeable

That concave Pro D junk is going to lose glide too. I'm surprised how long that Discraft has gone on with this junk plastic. I've bought a couple over the years and always regret it (a Ringer and a Drone). You can bend back the dents somewhat but it's a pain. Just not worth it. And when they concave, well just throw it away or use it as a dog disc. That's about all it's good for.

Actually the Ringer is sort of OK still. Maybe with putters it;s somewhat useable.

That concave Pro D junk is going to lose glide too. I'm surprised how long that Discraft has gone on with this junk plastic. I've bought a couple over the years and always regret it (a Ringer and a Drone). You can bend back the dents somewhat but it's a pain. Just not worth it. And when they concave, well just throw it away or use it as a dog disc. That's about all it's good for.

Actually the Ringer is sort of OK still. Maybe with putters it;s somewhat useable.

what glideometer are you using

Latest posts