• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Re post of photos
2640wsx.jpg

212zklu.jpg

1z3rrs3.jpg

25s54du.jpg

2dvsgpc.jpg

Gee, then it's a good thing the world is not full of morons that can cause headaches by doing stupid things because they saw someone else (a company rep, even) doing it!

I guess we are in America where personal responsibility no longer exists.

just poking at the wifes' bag, i have noticed that the discs come out of the GGIS easier if they are upsidedown

wifes bag showed up today
she likes the colors and the way it fits
at first look, it is a pretty good bag

bads:
1] my same old complaint about the dead space at the top
this could have been used very easy, all they had to do was sew the material to the back seam at the straps, instead of at the zipper.

2] the putter pocket is to shallow to close flap
the box/divider was installed at the perfect height for 2 discs
and the velcro inside/back was about as low as it could go
(i posted about the flap not closing on the second video, and was assured it would close -- it doesnt)

goods:
1] this bag is narrower and the opening is smaller than grip A
she only carries 3 putters, 4 mids, and 5 drivers
in the grip A, we had to put a small container in with the discs to take up extra space, with this bag the 12 discs are not too sloppy.

2] lots of side storage

3] its narrower when its on her back also, her elbows would hit the grip A, but not this bag

undecided so far which bag she is going to keep.
but to be honest, i think this bag will work better for her!!!
(i can make some mods to the GGIS and dead space area)
the fact thats its smaller was the reason she ordered it
and the grip A will be easier to sell to get money back

For the record:
My wife has decided to keep the catalyst
(Instead of the Grip A)
I Bet nobody saw that coming !!!

Is there a redesign of this bag in the works?

Not currently. A LOT of bags were made to prevent pre orders from ever happening again, once this stock reaches a certain number Salient will take a look at all the feedback and hopefully redesign an improved version of the catalyst, but it won't be fore a while

It is sad to hear another persons wife is crazy other than mine:D

Mine is on disability for anxiety and depression. When she was pregnant the first time, I told her I would say she was a crazy pregnant woman, but that would be like a triple negative. You know, saying crazy crazy crazy. Luckily, she thought that was pretty funny instead of punching me :)

Mine is on disability for anxiety and depression. When she was pregnant the first time, I told her I would say she was a crazy pregnant woman, but that would be like a triple negative. You know, saying crazy crazy crazy. Luckily, she thought that was pretty funny instead of punching me :)

Just get her outside and active. All anxiety and depression will be a thing of the past. Better yet, running disc golf!

Originally, I used an Innova Starter Bag.

I could tell very early that this bag wasn't going to please my needs. As crazy as my woman is, in following with the latest posts here, she got me a Salient Catalyst and gave it to me as an early gift. She(my lady) has distinct crazy down to an art, but this gift either confirms the crazy in her or she's working for some nice jewelry.

It worked. The bag is awesome. Unless I intend on embarking on a three day trek with Bear Grylls, it's got everything I'll need to sustain me for my DG purposes.

I do agree with the wasted space at the top of the bag but honestly, it's a small con to an almost totally pro bag.

just poking at the wifes' bag, i have noticed that the discs come out of the GGIS easier if they are upsidedown

I posted this in a picture. For me, it works best if the top disc is right side up and the bottom one is upside down. I did this when I noticed that the GGIS has a slight curve downwards.

One thing I haven't seen much about is the mini pocket (or just haven't read through the millions of posts). Is anyone else annoyed at how shallow the pocket is? Even a smaller mini feels like it will fall out rather easily. Innova's

Another issue I have with this bag, is the chest straps. They should be removable! I considered cutting them off. Instead I just wrapped them around the shoulder straps so they aren't in my way. This won't be an issue for anyone that actually uses them...

My last complaint...if you could call it that...is the pencil storage!!! I put 2 pencils in a slot because 1 is too loose. I think 2 pencil holders would've been plenty. For you pencil collectors out there (I'm sure there's at least one) this bag can hold 8 pencils!!!!!!!!! :)

Oops...I didn't finish my thought on the mini pocket!

Innova's mini pocket is perfect. Very basic, yet very functional. If Salient was going to put a zippered mini pocket on the bag...why not make it so you can zip it shut with the mini inside? It seems pointless to me.

I think by "mini-pocket" they meant just that....a pocket that is tiny.

Latest posts