• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Hey gave you discs for trolling trolls?

That reeks of professional behavior.

I did find that the Prometheus limited my distance when I tested it, but I do tend to need something more stable for my snap. The plastic of the antidote looked super sexy, though.

I will say I love the cryo and liquid plastic. I know that's coming from me so take it how you would like. I know I have had some local players check out the plastic and they are impressed also. I tell them when they check out plastic for me to be honest so we can work on things to fix. If we can adjust the blend to make it better we will. Right now I think we are spot on.

I pre-ordered a Catalyst bag. I received the bag. It preforms fine, you get what you pay for. I am in no way dissatisfied. However, the area between the straps has begun to tear. If I am reading the Limited Warranty correctly, there is no action I can take to get a replacement or fix the tearing?

I pre-ordered a Catalyst bag. I received the bag. It preforms fine, you get what you pay for. I am in no way dissatisfied. However, the area between the straps has begun to tear. If I am reading the Limited Warranty correctly, there is no action I can take to get a replacement or fix the tearing?

Kratc,

Email us with pics and Hillary can let you know. The warranty policy is specific but we do handle it on a case by case basis depending on circumstances. Typically we can reconnect the straps with no problem as long as you send it to us.

Kratc,

Email us with pics and Hillary can let you know. The warranty policy is specific but we do handle it on a case by case basis depending on circumstances. Typically we can reconnect the straps with no problem as long as you send it to us.

Wonderful, thanks!

My personal take...

Functionality, awesome. Wasted space, yes but tolerable provided there's plenty of other space. Design, awesome. Quality...DEPLORABLE.

I got the bag as a Christmas gift this past December. That makes this bag used for roughly 5.5 months.

To give full disclosure, I play at least 4-6 days a week, in any weather condition.

I don't mind paying top dollar for a good quality product.

I did, in fact, contact customer support and queried if this is normal wear for this bag. This thread is not for customer service so I'll omit that part.

It's sad really because everything but the quality is there.

I'm no seamstress, but it looks pretty obvious that something is not gelling here.

For the cost, I think it should hold up better than this. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 86
Yeah that sucks. really glad to see the new bag is not made by the same peeps and much different "said" quality. My $30 regular backpack doesn't look like that after a year+ of use.

You must be right handed.. lol the other strap looks fine

Last edited:
the more I look at the pictures something isn't right.. why is one side SO jacked up vs the other?! really wondering how that can even happen' Were you dragging it around like Linus and his blanket in Charlie Brown?!

My personal take...

Functionality, awesome. Wasted space, yes but tolerable provided there's plenty of other space. Design, awesome. Quality...DEPLORABLE.

I got the bag as a Christmas gift this past December. That makes this bag used for roughly 5.5 months.

To give full disclosure, I play at least 4-6 days a week, in any weather condition.

I don't mind paying top dollar for a good quality product.

I did, in fact, contact customer support and queried if this is normal wear for this bag. This thread is not for customer service so I'll omit that part.

It's sad really because everything but the quality is there.

I'm no seamstress, but it looks pretty obvious that something is not gelling here.

For the cost, I think it should hold up better than this. Just my two cents.

Hi bleeder,
If you have time could you please email me at [email protected] I'd like to try and get something worked out for you.

Holy crap! That's f#$@%&* up! A $40 jansport lasted me through highschool and then I used it for fishing for a few years before someone stole it outta my truck on x-mas a few years ago. The pictures clearly show there's defects in manufacture and I would want it fixed and every one after that fixed. That's ridiculous!

the more I look at the pictures something isn't right.. why is one side SO jacked up vs the other?! really wondering how that can even happen' Were you dragging it around like Linus and his blanket in Charlie Brown?!

You might think so, huh? LOL

Actually, I have a "Quasimodo" hump on the right side of my back. The ladies dig it!:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Scott from Salient has, in good faith, stood by Salient's product and has kindly offered to replace my bag with a new bag.

This shows confidence,pride and concern for their customer's satisfaction.

Thanks again, Scott and Salient.

Last edited:
In good faith, Scott from Salient has, in good faith, stood by Salient's product and has kindly offered to replace my bag with a new bag.

This shows confidence,pride and concern for their customer's satisfaction.

Thanks again, Scott and Salient.

Your welcome Bleeder, I am glad we are able to help you. Now get out there and throw low.

Update

Update on Salient's response to my bag.

Chris and Scott have replaced my bag in an awesome fashion.

My bag was replaced and I'm overly satisfied with the way they took care of my bag issue.

I'm pretty much a "no BS" kinda person and don't hesitate to let someone know when I smell BS. It takes quite a bit to impress me as well and Chris, Scott and the Salient Team have gone above and beyond.

Thanks again for standing by the product.

-Jeff

Update on Salient's response to my bag.

Chris and Scott have replaced my bag in an awesome fashion.

My bag was replaced and I'm overly satisfied with the way they took care of my bag issue.

I'm pretty much a "no BS" kinda person and don't hesitate to let someone know when I smell BS. It takes quite a bit to impress me as well and Chris, Scott and the Salient Team have gone above and beyond.

Thanks again for standing by the product.

-Jeff

Thanks for your kind words Jeff. The nice comments big or small are really nice to hear. Thank you very much for your support.

Newer Version

I had been asking about the current bags, and got some interesting answers, especially based on the bag that we see in the helix demo video.

There's a new version of the Catalyst coming out in October, and it won't be preorder. It looks like most of the double stiching decisions which we've seen on the helix have carried over to the Catalyst, though they're also moving from the top plastic carrying handle to a handle merged with the back straps.

I've had other packs like this, and it's not a terrible thing.

They're also going to rails on the bottom like the helix, and they're apparently redesigning the upper storage and mini space. So they've responded to a lot of the complaints I've seen on youtube and in here.

Also, Scott and Hilary have both been incredibly great about responding to my questions, so I'm very much looking forward to investing in a bag come October.

First post on the site, btw, but I've been enjoying reading all of the posts and picking up details. You've got a good community here.

Latest posts