• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes - Best bang for your buck?

Anyone used flat soled shoes like indoor soccer shoes? I'm mainly concerned with the teepad and traction.
2174590-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

update on my new Keen coven & the $20 Hi Tech that was on sale a while back from S.T.P.

Played in the rain last weekend in Tampa. The Hi-Tech had great grip on the wet pads, better than the Keen. The Keen was more waterproof and kept my feet dry. I am not one who likes a ton of grip on dry pads so the Keen is the way I will go most days but for wetter days I would go with the Hi-Tech for the extra grip.

Only about a month old each so far so I will also update wear life after a while.

update on my new Keen coven & the $20 Hi Tech that was on sale a while back from S.T.P.

Played in the rain last weekend in Tampa. The Hi-Tech had great grip on the wet pads, better than the Keen. The Keen was more waterproof and kept my feet dry. I am not one who likes a ton of grip on dry pads so the Keen is the way I will go most days but for wetter days I would go with the Hi-Tech for the extra grip.

Only about a month old each so far so I will also update wear life after a while.

I played a muddy Coachman Park in Clearwater with my new $20 Hi-tech's and I never slipped. I went to purchase a backup pair and they were sold out. Hopefully they hold up, time will tell.

PSA, our Burlington has Teva Kimtah waterproof for under $40. Looking like a great value, especially with cooler and possibly wetter conditions ahead. I got a pair and will review after a few rounds.

If you need 13-14 wides you might want to try the New Balance trail shoes with vibram soles. I just picked up a pair of MO99's and they feel great. Tons of good grip and very light weight. Plenty of room, normally most shoes run too narrow.

Update on these shoes. While extremely light and very comfortable I noticed yesterday that my right big toe is already starting come through the mesh upper. Very disappointed. This is just over 1 month of having them and playing 1 tournament and maybe 10 rounds.

New Balance has what sounds like a 1 time warranty claim system. If they do accept them as a warranty problem, and give me a voucher for another pair, if the replacements fail I'm stuck with them. Needless to say that if that happens then it will be my last pair of New Balance shoes and I'll go back to Merrell, Keen, or even Cabelas (which has a 1 year replacement guarantee on all their brand shoes). One guy I know has gone through 3 pairs of Cabelas' shoes 2 of which were replacements for free.

whats the good deal these days

last deal i hit was the hi techs or whatever for $20 with the vibram sole

lookin for under 50 shipped

however under 30 if possible

im tryna ball on a dg budget

Need some help from ya'll. I'm tearing my shoe as pictured. Seems like I need more durable upper area. Would prefer water proof. Would also prefer light weight. Is that possible?

QRU1tsO

Need some help from ya'll. I'm tearing my shoe as pictured. Seems like I need more durable upper area. Would prefer water proof. Would also prefer light weight. Is that possible?

QRU1tsO

pic didnt load for me

seriously with all the cheap asses in dg no one has the quick link for a shoe

i cant believe this

my head is about to explode

Getting a good deal on shoes basically comes down to two things:

1) What shoes fit you well and have the features you're looking for (e.g. waterproof, toe cap, lightweight...)

2) What retailer is discounting them, when you're ready to buy.

It's not easy to find shoes you really like, at a good price, when you really need them. That's why I keep my eyes open for deals, and tend to grab them before I need them when deals pop up.

Wasn't happy with my last pair of Merrells.
Hi-Tec seems to most consistently offer the best value from what I've seen. My Hi Tecs are as comfortable as any Merrell or Keens I've owned, are holding up nicely, and cost about $50 less.

Always have a pair of DX shoes on hand for rainy days. You will need that extra grip!:)

Getting a good deal on shoes basically comes down to two things:

1) What shoes fit you well and have the features you're looking for (e.g. waterproof, toe cap, lightweight...)

2) What retailer is discounting them, when you're ready to buy.

It's not easy to find shoes you really like, at a good price, when you really need them. That's why I keep my eyes open for deals, and tend to grab them before I need them when deals pop up.

Wasn't happy with my last pair of Merrells.
Hi-Tec seems to most consistently offer the best value from what I've seen. My Hi Tecs are as comfortable as any Merrell or Keens I've owned, are holding up nicely, and cost about $50 less.

Do hi-tecs have shoe with all of those features you listed (waterproof, toe cap, light weight)?

Is there certain stores that carry hi-tecs? I had a pair many years ago and it was really nice. Used em for hiking and paintball at the time... super comfy.

Do hi-tecs have shoe with all of those features you listed (waterproof, toe cap, light weight)?

Is there certain stores that carry hi-tecs? I had a pair many years ago and it was really nice. Used em for hiking and paintball at the time... super comfy.

Pretty sure that ship sailed...

Latest posts