• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shots Fired by McBeth?

I don't remember which podcast it was but I heard him say those quotes, and they are out of context.

The Ricky ones was basically he knows that Ricky can go out and beat anyone but if you can stay within a few strokes his nerves get to him. And he didn't say that he hates Will or anything just that they grew apart and aren't super close like they once were.

if this was any other sport,these comments wouldnt cause a second glance.

Guess niche sports are different.

Lol, have you watched espn in the last five years? They thrive on gossip.

Paul made a vague comment on here a year or two ago when he had his AMA about being the first to clear 100k in a year. 500k on a multi year deal isn't unrealistic.

for what it's worth, mcbeth has posted the article to his fb page and hasn't clarified any comments. assuming he approves of everything said in the article..

Perhaps a WWE tactic to create rivalries and potentially generate more spectators down the road?

This. Look at how Connor McGregor has talking his way into millions in the UFC. Honestly he should keep this up, McBeth is too vanilla to energize a fan base. Even his play style is boring. Good, but boring.

Paul likely doesn't have enough experience with reporters to guard his words and know that anything he says can be printed...often out of context. Best thing for a reporter is for the interviewee to feel comfortable and starting 'shooting the sh*t.'

It can be a real shocker to later read what you said to a reporter and how it is presented. Paul is not "big" enough for the reporter to care about retaliation.

That was a terrible article. The way it was written along with how the content is portrayed.... I almost feel bad for paul having his name associated with that.

Paul McBeth is 25, and has thrown a disc farther than most of us can smack a Titleist. More impressive, he can snap a shot into a chained basket — the hole in disc golf — from 75 feet away as reliably as splashing a free throw.

After this, nothing else in the article can be taken seriously.

Has anyone noticed that there was a 500 word column dedicated to disc golf published in the Thursday edition of the biggest newspaper west of the Mississippi or nah?

I guess this means we're over that whole grow-the-sport thing. Whew!

Wont read the article or this thread... Stupid soap opera stuff, I just want to watch them play. I don't care how they feel about each other. Unless the actually fight, I'd watch that too.

for what it's worth, mcbeth has posted the article to his fb page and hasn't clarified any comments. assuming he approves of everything said in the article..

But, but, but that doesn't fit my narrative that this columnist sandbagged my man and that we should all file a class action libel lawsuit against the Tribune Company for wanting to publish a feature article trumpeting disc golf in the biggest newspaper in this country not named The New York Times!

That was a terrible article. The way it was written along with how the content is portrayed.... I almost feel bad for paul having his name associated with that.

Paul must not feel too bad about it, he posted the article on his Facebook page.

Paul is learning a valuable lesson. This columnist is neither bad nor good in modern context, he's what journalism has become. I would hazard a guess that questions like, "who's your biggest competitor and how do you beat him," were answered with, Rick W. he's had trouble finishing when things have been close." Both true and polite statements.

Journalist today are awful; they write in a style that is meant to crank up views. Then they wonder why players say, "we had a great game, we played hard, our opponents did their best, glad we won," in interviews.

By the way, "which player on the tour do you spend the least time with" was answered by Will S. "we just don't hang out together." Now Paul is in the position of having to apologize or make up with other players. He's going to have to learn how to manage these guys because this is just the start.

As for Paul not clarifying comments, clarifying would be a bigger mistake than what has already happened. Just look at this thread. If Paul does anything, it should be on a one on one basis.

Now, if Paul does a second interview where this happens, then I'm gonna believe there's an issue....

This. Look at how Connor McGregor has talking his way into millions in the UFC. Honestly he should keep this up, McBeth is too vanilla to energize a fan base. Even his play style is boring. Good, but boring.

It's true. Niko needs to step up and become the bad guy only Paul can beat.

Latest posts