• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shots that make you quit and want to give up DG

The Grump

Today I get out of the truck and throw a practice throw at the nearest basket which is 150ft away. The disc gets air bumped up twice and sent hyzering left of the basket 50-70 feet either landing in some brush or the street. After thirty minutes of searching...no disc. This wasn't even an area that could be possible to lose a disc. I'm thinking maybe somebody in a car picked it up.

Here's some questions you might be able to answer. Does God hate me? Why?
Does anybody really deserve to lose a disc on the first throw? My girlfriend was there as gave the crappiest piss poor effort to help find the disc. Can I be mad at her? Also, I consider her very bad luck (she knows this). Should I just stop bringing her around when I dgolf?

I lost a 10$ piece of plastic on a bad throw! God hates me and my girlfriend sucks!!!!!!

Does this really need to be a thread? There is a lost disc mega thread in equipment

Username is fitting :0

But ya...that is pretty sucky.

Buahah I was thinking the same thing. I have only brought the gf to the course a few times but It only took a few times to realize that she was just BAD voodoo for me. I'll keep bringing her out if the weather is nice (like today!!) and I'm really not concerned with my score. Always fun, but I have to be prepared for a slow and frustrating round (score wise.)

Finally, Trifusal with the answers i need in the whiney "why does this have to be a thread even though I read this thread anyways" type of way. If there can be a thread about shots bringing you back why not shots that make you quit? The plastic was more like a recently bought unmarked champion style plastic disc trying to make a permanent spot in the bag than a $10 disc though.

3-putting a hole i should've had in 2 yesterday had me pretty cheesed.

that being said, ink your discs.

and don't throw practice shots around blind corners.

generally my second shot approach shots are terrible and I nose up hyzer them on the wrong line and give my self no reasonable chance for par

I hate them
I do them often

silly silly ManU

although to be fair they make me think "I should work on this"

Edit: maybe this should have been in the other thread

Ive had plenty of shots that make me want to quit disc golfing.....plenty of rounds....plenty of people..but for some reason I keep coming back

I am picturing your girlfriend and her piss poor effort hahahahaha like shes like ummm hmmm maybe its in there as she moves a twig and then does checks her phone etc etc

Only time I might feel like that is if I were to pull a tin cup and throw 6 disc in the water on one hole. But my dog never helps me look for disc when she is with me so I know how you feel about that.

lets all pick on the guy who started a thread about throwing a bad shot and feeling frustrated....ready all you followers and wanna be bullies

PILE ON!

give the dude a break ....weve all had such throws and such moments

I think I made about 120 shots today that made me want to quit. It was 2 rounds, but it was still frustrating and sad.

God doesn't hate you. In fact, he has a blast laughing at you and the rest of us. Just tell him your plans.

I used to buy in to the girlfriend=bad round thing until she witnessed me shooting my personal best at my home course. It's been 6 months and I have yet to break my record, with or without her. :\

Not a single bad throw (like the OP), but single bad rounds. Then I just want to go out and beat the course the next day, and hope I play smarter golf to do it.

My girlfriend is just starting. I believe she'd get much better results with a different teacher.

Latest posts