• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shots that make you quit and want to give up DG

in wet weather today, i had a step putt that slipped out of my hands and led to a bogey. that led to 6 other bogeys on the round and only one bird. terrible round for me but the last thing i want to do is quit!

sorry, but no. one shot, two shots, or two rounds full of bad shots aren't gonna make me think about quitting. they may make me think about using only a comet and a putter, or going super-class, but quitting all together, no.
and yesterday confirmed i have somehow lost my form over the winter and am back to sucking.:( i'm talking all over the place! left/ right/ nose up. oh well. tomorrow's another day and another round.

Last edited:
I'd rather throw a bad shot and lose a disc than go to work. Would you rather snake that drain?

You are blessed to be on a disc golf course playing a fun game. You're also blessed to have female companionship that can stand you.

Count your blessings. Smile. Have fun.

Rollers, Forehands. I can throw them but they are probably the least accurate thing you've ever seen. Rollers always go 100 feet longer than I intend and I can only forehand up to about 270 accurately :/

Finally, Trifusal with the answers i need in the whiney "why does this have to be a thread even though I read this thread anyways" type of way. If there can be a thread about shots bringing you back why not shots that make you quit? The plastic was more like a recently bought unmarked champion style plastic disc trying to make a permanent spot in the bag than a $10 disc though.

I'm sorry about your Groove

Here's some questions you might be able to answer. Does God hate me? Why?
Does anybody really deserve to lose a disc on the first throw? My girlfriend was there as gave the crappiest piss poor effort to help find the disc. Can I be mad at her? Also, I consider her very bad luck (she knows this). Should I just stop bringing her around when I dgolf?

This is the part of your post that confuses me, why are you asking us this? why did you post this stuff in a thread about bad shots?

Finally, Trifusal with the answers i need in the whiney "why does this have to be a thread even though I read this thread anyways" type of way. If there can be a thread about shots bringing you back why not shots that make you quit? The plastic was more like a recently bought unmarked champion style plastic disc trying to make a permanent spot in the bag than a $10 disc though.

Sorry, but asking us if god hates you because you lost a disc is, in my book, an overreaction.

I think the op was just looking to have fun with this. So on that note yeah I'd be pissed at her the first time she got pissy I'd have chucked a putter at her and blamed it on the wind. Yeah I couldn't imagine bringing my nagging wife along.

I lost a 10$ piece of plastic on a bad throw! God hates me and my girlfriend sucks!!!!!! Does this really need to be a thread? There is a lost disc mega thread in equipment

Maybe it was one of those $200 first run Buzzzes that everyone is suddenly going gaga for. :rolleyes:

Off topic, but how does a $10 hunk of plastic suddenly turn into a $200 hunk of palstic, anyway? That's some messed up sh!t.

DOH

Who hasn't had a bad throw? Someone who hasn't thrown.
Who hasn't lost a disc? Same answer: Someone who hasn't thrown.
:doh:

We have all had our moments. Some Good ~ Some So-So ~ Some Bad.

Oh, My Bad ~ Sounds like LIFE ;)

there are bad shots that might make you want to quit.....but it's always the bad a$$ outa trouble shots that follow, that keep you coming back for more.

don't blame your gf. get more practice on windy days and realize that a tailwind will cause the disc to fade sooner and harder. when you get to a search area, keep expanding the radius of your search since windy days can produce rolls and your disc might end up far from where you estimated. if someone drove past and stole it, then it's not your fault.

man, i experienced the craziest luck one round..putting from 15' on about 5 of the first 9 holes...I hit the chains smack in the center and the disc flips out, runs thru, or something totally off the wall....I was totally freeked out...it was so crazy to see...after the first 2 like this, I just laughed at the rest...everyone in my group was shocked...no reason any of those should have flipped out like that...it was surreal.

My girlfriend was there as gave the crappiest piss poor effort to help find the disc. Can I be mad at her? Also, I consider her very bad luck (she knows this). Should I just stop bringing her around when I dgolf?

We would need photos of her to know if she is truly worth the effort. For the most part, women and children are kept off the ball golf course. The reason is that people pay a lot of money to go play rounds, and rounds are much less enjoyable when you have people out there that don't know or love the game. If they can't take it seriously, then they are a huge distraction to not only you, but all of the other players on the course. That being said… I enjoy taking my family with me to go play discgolf, but I understand that I'm not going to be actually golfing when they go. I'm going to be watching their throws, helping them find discs, and letting alot of people play through with a few actual shots of my own sprinkled in. Those are the breaks, if you can't deal with that; then just go golfing by yourself so you don't have all the distractions.

man, i experienced the craziest luck one round..putting from 15' on about 5 of the first 9 holes...I hit the chains smack in the center and the disc flips out, runs thru, or something totally off the wall....I was totally freeked out...it was so crazy to see...after the first 2 like this, I just laughed at the rest...everyone in my group was shocked...no reason any of those should have flipped out like that...it was surreal.

i've done this, then come back later in the round to take a turkey from hitting 3 long jumpers from outside of 40. that's the game i guess

Your Attitude is your downfall. You are full of negativity. You are your own bad luck. The wind is part of the throw just like the spectators, elevation, trees, water, and your mental state.

I made what I thought was a great throw, straight with good distance, I lost sight of it over a slight rise. when I went to find it, I discovered it had landed on it's edge and rolled several feet 'til it was almost even with the tee pad.

Your Attitude is your downfall. You are full of negativity. You are your own bad luck. The wind is part of the throw just like the spectators, elevation, trees, water, and your mental state.

My attitude when leaping from elevation, over trees, through the wind, and into water is usually simply "WHEEEEEE... SPLASH!"

Latest posts