• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did some field work and threw a 470' bomb with my pro destroyer. that was pretty fun; little to no wind aid. :)

it seems kind of arbitrary how far my disc goes once it gets past 415' or so. must have to do with height and stability. i will have to keep working on my distance lines to get the hang of them. i've started to realize that distance lines aren't really lacking control - they are just necessary things to get to where you're going. they can be touchy. i can't throw flat and put a newish star destroyer out to 450' or even 430'. probably 400'...and that's okay because distance lines don't have to be *max* distance lines. there's a distinction to be made and i think i'm finally cracking from "distance line" territory, understanding them more and getting into "max distance line" territory hopefully. it's fun. :)

did some field work and threw a 470' bomb with my pro destroyer. that was pretty fun; little to no wind aid. :)

it seems kind of arbitrary how far my disc goes once it gets past 415' or so. must have to do with height and stability. i will have to keep working on my distance lines to get the hang of them. i've started to realize that distance lines aren't really lacking control - they are just necessary things to get to where you're going. they can be touchy. i can't throw flat and put a newish star destroyer out to 450' or even 430'. probably 400'...and that's okay because distance lines don't have to be *max* distance lines. there's a distinction to be made and i think i'm finally cracking from "distance line" territory, understanding them more and getting into "max distance line" territory hopefully. it's fun. :)

get on my level with 500+

I didn't play too bad actually...Tyler State Park is now in the infamous "All C" position getting ready for the Yetter tournament. I shot +2 yesterday for 18 holes in the C position. There are some new holes which some of you have never seen at Tyler. There are 9 new holes being added to make Tyler have two 18 hole courses.

Not horrible. Working with some discs that are new to me. Found out that JK pro Valkyries are much more OS than JK champ Valkyries. To the point that my jk pro and the Viking I was carrying are pretty much the same disc. The roc3 I traded for is awesome. The champ panther saved my bacon after a horrible tee shot. Finding the chief to be a great putting putter for me as well as driving and approaching quite well with it. My leopard that is in the bag is AMAZING. Right in the sweet spot and very workable. My TI mantis did not get much work today. But when it is drive, approach with the chief and drop in, no real need for the extra fairway. All in all I found that at least on my home course anything over speed nine is not needed or missed.

Well... Until I read the posts just a couple before mine about field work distance I was really excited. :( (Just kidding.)

Actually, I still am really excited. My daughter and I were going to play some tennis and our disc bags were in the car, too. So I just wanted to get in about 20-25 practice throws on the practice football field beside the courts.

After getting warmed up I was very pleased with some nice drives on low (for me) lines. I normally get a bit more height on drives with my Terns, but kept them lower today. My OLF drives were also really good, too.

I was consistently in the 350-360' range, with usable, accurate distance with the Terns. I was staying on line pretty well, too. Then I had what is probably my longest drive ever on level ground with no wind at 380'. It was a slight hyzer flip with one of my Starlite Terns, 151g. Plus it was directly on line to my target!

This actually gives me hope that I still might be able to, one day, break the 400' barrier which still is really exciting for me! :)

Well... Until I read the posts just a couple before mine about field work distance I was really excited. :( (Just kidding.)

Actually, I still am really excited. My daughter and I were going to play some tennis and our disc bags were in the car, too. So I just wanted to get in about 20-25 practice throws on the practice football field beside the courts.

After getting warmed up I was very pleased with some nice drives on low (for me) lines. I normally get a bit more height on drives with my Terns, but kept them lower today. My OLF drives were also really good, too.

I was consistently in the 350-360' range, with usable, accurate distance with the Terns. I was staying on line pretty well, too. Then I had what is probably my longest drive ever on level ground with no wind at 380'. It was a slight hyzer flip with one of my Starlite Terns, 151g. Plus it was directly on line to my target!

This actually gives me hope that I still might be able to, one day, break the 400' barrier which still is really exciting for me! :)

That is what impresses me most about Terns, the distance you can get with them on golf lines. And I am certain it will be the disc I break 400' with.

It wasn't today but I had a great round on Sunday. Got my first ace - #2 at Loriella!! Also had 5 birdies and finished with a 50; 5 under my previous best.

It wasn't today but I had a great round on Sunday. Got my first ace - #2 at Loriella!! Also had 5 birdies and finished with a 50; 5 under my previous best.

Good job on the ace :thmbup:

Just a little above average day for me, finished +1 for one round.

Played pretty poorly today at my home course; -13 course par (+3 pro par [57]). I'm chocking it up to a pulled arm muscle from last night's DG. I'd be sad but I tied for 1st place in amateur division local leagues last night after only playing for a couple months after a 15 yr break. I happened to not throw OB and win the playoff. Any night I get to play a round is a great night! :D

First ever all putter round. Shot 5 over with my max weight Envy. Three things I learned today. 1. 5 bad shots led to the bogies. My average on the course lately is +3 to +5 anyways. 2. I don't know why I bought all those other discs. :) 3. Improved my form A LOT! I think I will be adding these rounds in at least once a week now. Over all a good way to start the day.

Good 1st round, would've had my best personal round ever at -1 if I didn't have a cage banging putt at the end which made for a drop in par instead - ended up at par. Played a little worse the second time around at plus 2. Saw a HUGE hornets nest on a lift shack on hole nine, glad I noticed and did't walk too close...

Had a great day on the course shooting a -15 for 18 holes at the local club weekly and took home the win. Entered it into the DGCR score-book and got a 1045 rating on the round :clap:

Got an ace but lost one of my discs in Lake Hartwell at Mountain View Park DGC, so we'll call it all in all an even day!

driving was awful, putting was even more dreadful. there are too many trees that get in my way. still had a good time though

Turned some bad drives into pars with sublime approach shots. Seeing those discs in flight made me love the game all over again. And I got par on holes 16, 17, 18 for the first time in a long time, so the round ended on a very good note. Got a +8 on the same long layout that I played last round and got a +13. Overall it was a pretty decent, quick round of golf.

One of my best rounds of the year my putting was unreal knocking them down from 50-60 feet on a few holes. Still had some tough shots but shot -5 through 9 before it got dark. Pretty easy open course but a few long holes.

Threw two rounds, both finishing 1 over. Not my best day. But better day than working!

I also almost lost my new favorite distance driver. It's a Lace that has danced in and out of my bag for about two years. I realized two weeks ago, that I could bomb it all the sudden. I throw an anny on it, and lost it behind a tree. Found it the next round walking around looking for my player partner.

Played Chili last night. Mosquitoes were BRUTAL!. Could only really stop moving to throw or else you got mauled. Managed to shoot -1 for a round played in under an hour.

Threw three rounds of 9 at Mt Zion and tested my new Pro Aviar which I'm liking alot for putter driving, which I'm getting better at; just got to get rid of that occasional anyhyzer shank. Also found two more GIANT wasp nests - thankfully didn't get attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.