• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After our weekly dubs round at Kitsap Fairgrounds course, myself and a couple of guys decided to go around again for a singles round. I ended up shattering my previous-best round of -1 by throwing 4 down. I have played this course probably 80 times for singles rounds and have only been under par I think 3 times (-1 each time). Today was the day that I put a good full 18 holes together on this course.

Funny side note is that my partner and I were even par for the earlier doubles round, lol.

Had a really good day of practice. Played one of my favorite courses (UNC / Chapel Hill) and my new putting style is working. After all these years I've finally realized how important it is to use your legs when putting. Feeling good about next weekend's tournament.

Played fairly well today except this one basket that normally gives me at least a par. I (shamefully admits) three putted that one today. First three putt for 2015 and hopefully last.

Headed out for a short round, only been 4 months since I've played and it being 104 was fun as well. Surprisingly very few players out, but it allowed me some good practice time to throw 2 or more at the same time and not delay anyone. Just found the mother of all sticky burrs and will be cleaning up for the next few days.

I was in Big Sky skiing for the weekend and warm weather in the meadow allowed me to get 18 holes in afte skiing on Saturday. Felt pretty good about the round, decent drives and some soild putting. PLayed a mix of the boxes, mostly long and the tees were in a mixed set of positions. Ended at 5 under and had a run of 4 birds in the middle there. Also the skiing was pretty good, got 2 N Snowfield laps in and for the weather we've been having it was pretty nice.

Just threw my best score ever at -12.... I built my own putting basket at home and have been putting about 50x per day and I have taken about 6-7 shots off my average score!!! Super stoked!

Played decent yesterday, slightly below average for me even with the wind. Got to meet Ricky Wysocki and buy a few discs from him, pretty awesome guy.

Met up with the "golden girls", a mixed crew of regular course rats comprised of retired senior players 60 and up. They may be twice my age, but they are straight ballers. I can only hope to be that active when I get to be their age. One guy dangled his recently course harvested bamboo shoot in my face before he left, such swagger I tell you.

Shot +2 at my home course, Mt Zion. Not complaining though because I just finished setting the darn course up, which involvdd shoveling through iced up slush snow to get the tee markers and signs in the ground, and I had noodle arm by the time I teed off on hole one. I was quite happy to throw my home course again. Now Ive got to deal with 5-8 inches of snow tonight. Ugh no discing for another few days blaurgh...

Eh not great. Played three 9 basket rounds at Mt. Zion. Putting sucked and the wind didnt help at all. Had a couple bad breaks as well that were nearly out of my control. One beautiful drive hyzered in and touched ground about 10 feet shy of the basket, then proceeded to roll at about .0005 mph to about 50 feet at least from the basket, shouldve been a birdie but instead had to comeback at the basket then putt. And my last hole of the day, hole 9, which is a 653 foot downhill bomb, I fired a beauty w my teebird, nice and straight, and I was relying on the hyzer fade to put me right in the middle of the fairway. For some reason, it laser beamed the whole darn way landing in the midde of hole 5's fairway.

But it was beautiful out, about 65 degrees and sunny, so other than the wind and wetness from the melting snow, conditions were perfect and I still count it as a great day.

Im gonna take a power nap now cause I ran three miles this morning as well so Im beat :p

Last edited:
Played sh¡tty but found and returned some guys disc, so I have good carma coming for my next round, like money in the bank baby.

Ventured down to Nacogdoches to play with the Crushers on a Saturday mini to prepare for an upcoming tournament, and happened to be partnered up with a fellow DGCR member( DesertFox) of all people. Had a great time connecting with a few folks and revisiting courses I haven't played in a year.

Did OK considering changed teeboxes and lack of play of the course on my part. Had some stupid birdies with the Blowfly. Think we came out at +3, which is respectable for Lake Nac, although a few birdies were left on the course. Now i know what to do different come tournament day!!

Played our first tourney of the year, a C tier "Discing at the Depot" at NAD Park. First round I parred our first hole, then proceeded to reel off 5 straight bogeys...Fail. Tried to put the bogeys out of my mind and I finished the remaining 12 holes 2 under. The 2nd round went much better with 3 scattered bogeys to go with 3 scattered birdies. Finished +3 for the 2 rounds, good for 2nd place in Grandmasters. And I won a beer koozie in the raffle! :hfive:

Played 2 new courses in as many days. There were so many ace runs! No, they weren't 3s, but they were fun nonetheless.

First tourney of the year yesterday and felt pretty good about the outcome. 15-40mph winds guting all day and playing Diamond X means it is constantly changing direction. I entered Open for the first time in a non-mini and ended up tied for 8th. Mostly happy that both my rounds were well above my current player rating and the first, rated at 992(unofficially) is my highest PDGA rated round ever. Just hope I can keep it rolling through the season.

2nd place in leagues today. 2nd place at Hoosier hoser doubles tourney yesterday in am1. 2 rounds of 27 holes, 4hrs a round! I'm sunburned to heck.,, look like a lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts