• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pretty succesful round last night at my local 18 hole par 3 course. Heavily wooded and was hiitting all the gaps and finally parked a tunnel shot I've been trying too forever. Didn't keep score but my shots were going perfectly and i was consistent on putts, couldn't be happier.

Was throwing well yesterday. One of those days where even when I make a boneheaded shot, I know exactly why and can correct it easily. Nailed some awesome sky annys to avoid the tunnel on hole 4 at City Park. Bombed a few on 10. It was nice to get to throw in calm conditions for a change!

All while enduring the adversity of poison ivy.. don't be so humble.

Played OK last night. Two stupid bogeys. My putting is finally coming around, but now I've lost my approach shots (80'-200'). Pretty sure I know what i'm doing wrong, so will try to correct it tonight as it's my last warm-up for the tourney Saturday. Distance is back after being gone for a while. Deuced one of the tougher holes on the course for only the 2nd time. It was in the pouring rain that happened for about 4 holes. That made my round. Had 5 chain-out putts from within the circle, but just a little mis-aiming, still good releases and good putts which is promising.

Really don't wanna talk about it. Two weeks ago I was killing it, the last two weeks it's been taking me 4-5 holes to warm up. Can't catch a break, but its the string of birdies or chaining out once in a blue moon that keeps me coming back.....

Was playing at Madisonville a couple of days ago, and I was driving well, but I couldn't make a putt worth anything which is unusual for me. (see signiature) but somehow, toward the middle of the round I strung together a couple of birdies with 4 holes left I could par out and beat my best score by 2 strokes. Of course, on the last 4 holes I went bogey, bogey, par, bogey because of some strange things/bad breaks. But it felt good that I could play as terrible as I felt like I was playing and still only miss my best by 1 shot.

damn wind, anyone else say f*** you wind when they get frustrated? just me?

Definitely not just you. The wind is an eternal source of frustration here in New Orleans. It can easily add 10+ strokes to my score.

All while enduring the adversity of poison ivy.. don't be so humble.

Just fighting through it. I think, "WWTBD?" ("What would Tom Brands do?")

Started off my match play pretty good. I was up 2-0 until the 7th hole... I threw one in the water and it immediately started to rain. Not just any rain, downpour. I was immediately soaked and lost 5 holes in a row, every throw slipped out early and I missed every putt. I lost 5-2.

I had fun, but played like my normal crappy disc golfin' self. But I enjoyed it. The weather is super nice and it was nice being out and about.

I played Bryant Lake on Monday. Not my best round there. Started out rough but pulled it somewhat together at the end. Had a shot at 3 on hole 17 but pulled the putt right. Settled for my normal 4. That was about the only highlight of the round. Weather was perfect and it was great to finally get out.

headed to Bryant for a rainy round this morning, about 60 degrees and 15mph winds. worked way too hard for my pars but stayed in the game. played through a group of guys from Team Disc Life and caught a bogey on the one water hole while chatting about BRP. Squeaked by even on the final loop and kept my birdies from the front.

Xhvmg9i.jpg

the wind picked up while i was playing 17 and 18 at Bryant so i cruised to Starring Lake a few miles away and put some study time in with my tensor. definitely a must have in the wind, but all the flex shots around dogleg rights wore me out. and i HATE this thing as a putter. seriously basket dead center every time.

iVYiKcS.jpg

now to wait for my buddies to get off work and probably head back to Bryant.. gotta love days off work.

4 over par at my most played course.. believe it or not that is my personal best at an 18-hole course.

shot 29 over. a new personal best!

No offense, but is that a typo? If you have a physical limitation to playing better, then I apologize beforehand. Either way, congrats on your best round!

Last night I played my second round on a course somewhat near me in a steady rain. Still shot 6 shots under the first round I played in beautiful weather. Just goes to show how much the benefits of being at least somewhat familiar with the course outweigh course conditions.

Shot 11 under for 9 holes yesterday. Truth. But before you get excited, here's

...the rest of the story...

Came by Alexandria to confirm the course had not been 'pulled', merely abandoned pending the redesign, so I played three rounds after work today. Pretty dialed in for the first lap. Hit a 100 foot ace and a 50 foot ace (yes, you read that right, and now you know why this really isn't anything superhuman :eek:), and hit metal on an 84' hole and a 171' hole.

I mean, when all was said and done, I played 27 holes in 54 shots, but still only threw a total of 3150 feet. This is a rinky dink course. If you're in the area and need an ego boost, give it a try. But they're hoping to rebuild it into a 'real' course within the year.

Shot a -4 50 at Loriella yesterday. Played the long pins were applicable. Sad thing is that I had nine birdies and 5 bogeys :(

First night of leagues at Mont Du lac after a long long winter!!

I started off on hole 1 with a 6 which was rather disheartening, but kept playing as that's what you do. We came up to hole 3 which is a tough dogleg left with the first 200 feet a clear fairway then it turns into a cedar landmine field for the last 250 feet after the turn. I put my 2nd run shock further than any drive I had on the hole before. I can't remember the last time I got a 3. My upshot with the soft anode on an anhyzer route had me a bit worried and I thought it carried way right. Luckily it clipped a cedar bough and dropped within 10 feet. Both me and my cardmate 3'd the hole after he had an awesome 2nd shot from the left side of the cedar-filled fairway and parked it.

My putting has been atrocious this spring and finally started to feel some life in it. I hit two long (50-60) putts for birdie later down the road and a nice ace run with my Mace also. To close it out, hole 18 is an open 280 footer with skihill behind it dropping off. There was a 10mph wind left to right and I parked my soft anode within 4 feet of the basket. I haven't felt that good about a round in a long time. I came out with a +8 which is great for me on that course, and feel like I could easily clean up a few holes and come out in the money.

Basil: -1
Sawyer: -4
Woodlands: +1

definitely made up for the +5 rounds at Chili and Woodlands last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.