• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played the course in Squamish (Girabaldi springs) at the executive suites hotel. I lost my brand new champ destroyer on hole 2. And my champ valk on hole 3 and my favorite disc, the legacy canon in a lake. I was pissed!
I went back out later and mobbed through the thick brush and prickly raspberry bushes to get my destroyer and valk. So that was nice.
I'm scared to ever play this course again.

Carded my first 1000 Rated round this weekend!!!

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/21604

^congrats! 100 rated round wow.

the whole last week I played Cedar Hills and Seven Oaks (highest rated courses in TN) while with the wife for a work thing in Nashville. Cedar Hill reminded me of Wickham Park, CT: perfectly manicured state park, and you need controlled power and placement on some epic almost 700ft holes with lots of elevation. And Seven Oaks which reminded me of so many northeast courses: tight wooded shorter holes where if you miss your drives or landing zones you're screwed. The thing about seven oaks that impressed me is how well it was maintained, it was almost garden like inside.

I'm also happy because it looks like I was offered a roster spot on Team Cranbury for the NEFA Team Challenge. With Team Cranbury I'm one of the few (probably only two or three) amateurs on the squad of Open Players for this perennial A-Pool championship contender. You probably know some of the other guys (the real talent) they recruited too ;)

I'm also happy because it looks like I was offered a roster spot on Team Cranbury for the NEFA Team Challenge. With Team Cranbury I'm one of the few (probably only two or three) amateurs on the squad of Open Players for this perennial A-Pool championship contender. You probably know some of the other guys (the real talent) they recruited too ;)
Congrats to you also!!

Had an epic weekend. Middle Creek and Kentwood Friday after work (not so epic). Patriot In Kernersville, Rolling Pines in Wilkesboro and 27 holes at Horizons in Winston Salem on Saturday. Springfield Players, Wellspring and Cedar Rock in Burlington on Sunday. That's just a little over 50,000' of disc holes. No wonder my legs are tired.
Side note my buddy found a disc in Kernersville, i called the number, the owner is from Wilmington but lost the disc in Charlotte 5 years ago. He now has it back.

Absolutely horrible

Played Nevin (Charlotte)--a monster--in a herd of 7 of us (6 were 30 or so while I am a 68 yr old). On a 20' par putt on the first hole, hit the basket lip and rolled 45' away; PO'ed and took a 5. Didn't get much better. Finally got it semi-together and parred 8 of the last 9 holes. Really wanted to play the front 9 again to merit a little more respect. I would be happy with single digits over par on this course.

Played at wheeler park in geneva,il and carded my best score all year! First dcgr.com rated round over 900. Pretty happy with new disc purchases as they made a huge difference (took a lot of advice on here to throw a slower disc and work on my game). Can't wait to get back out

My slump continues. Went from avg. 52 the first 12 Weeks, to avg 59 over the last 6 Weeks. What do you guys do to get back on track?

After about 3 years of playing I finally got to a league, doubles in Brandy Lake in Woodruff WI. Me and my partner shot 11 under, I had multiple parkjobs for drop in birdies, my best, straightest putter drive ever, and made about 90% of my putts, and the only ones I missed still either hit chains or the cage. Coolest part was my partner aced hole 14, pure hyzer smashed the chains. Im feeling great about my dg game, and I cant wait for next weeks leagues!

Last night I had my best round ever at Squaw Creek through 12 holes, but managed to totally blow up for a 4 hole stretch and ruin the round. Somehow I got through the toughest holes on the course below par, just to turn around and take bogeys and doubles on a stretch of easy holes. I just can't seem to string 18 good holes together! Still had fun, which is what really matters.

Played the full 18 holes at Torch Lake DGC today, and then the short 9 hole loop after I finished the full 18. Got 3 strokes over my best score on the full 18. However, I got the most pars in one game, five. I parred on holes 3, 10, 13, 14, and 18. On the short 9 hole loop, I got my best score to this date. Only got two pars on holes 5 and 6. I can't seem to get better than a double bogey on hold 17. Other than that, drives were on point today. My putts still need a lot of work. I spent roughly 5-10 minutes on hole 16 today, practicing my putting. No one was out there, but me. A great day to play in the Keweenaw!

Shot one under at the Z. Cant complain, although working so much on my backhand turnover has left my flick in the dust. That accounted for the one bogey.

Oh well I'll take my good anhyzers and hyzer flips over a mediocre forehand.

I played Bassett Creek with a buddy, the course was packed, but I shot one of the best rounds that I have here in a long time, lots of deuces, the Star Aviar was in rare form on this calm evening. I did unfortunately take a five on hole 11 which is rare for me, but I picked up the strokes elsewhere. The new holes 13-15 were particularly fun, as I have never seen them before. Came really close to acing 13 according to the group ahead of me, which is funny considering I had no clue where the basket was. Dumb luck trumps skill sometimes. I shot 41 strokes. A -4 since we were playing all 3s.

Just shot a quick 9, par all the way, I think the wind got to me a bit. Made all my circle putts though, so overall very happy. Can't wait for the men's final 9 in worlds!!!!!

After a few horrible throws to start i focused on throwing about 80/90 percent power and keeping the nose down on all throws. Didn't putt great but a few birds on some tough holes. My buddy was ripping his driver so deep. Lots of fun.

Played 2x rounds at Alimagnet in Apple Valley MN and 1 round at Kenwood, blue tees to blue baskets (longest layout).

Been shooting lights out at Ali for the past few weeks and kept it going. Shooting a -4 on the front 12 and going around again shot a -6 for a -10 overall. If anyone has played hole 12 from the league tees would know it is a monster 370+ ft uphill (about a 60-70 foot difference). Par on that for only the 3rd time in the year that I have been playing. If only I could keep this up during league nights!

As for Kenwood. Started out very quickly with a -4 by hole 6, but that is when you reach the much longer holes with pure tunnel shots. Hole 6 par 4 was rough, shot a 6, got another birdie on 7 and another on the par 4 8th to get back to -4, but my accuracy went down from there as I felt like I was scrambling the rest of the way. Still finished -2 on a course that can really beat you up if you don't hit your lines. Still had a blast!

First round, decided to test a different forehand grip, one where both the fingers are straight, normally have one straight, one bent. Don't know what it was, but had no height control on shots, all but one came out low. Just couldn't even manage to adjust, so went back to the normal grip for the second round.

Managed to toss my Icon Bandit into a creek, on a BH pull. Having thrown my first shot bit too close to the trees, thought about a lay-up fore into the open and taking a bogey, but found I could get into a decent stance, so instead tried an anny-shot, hoping to get close enough for a par putt. Yet the Bandit, even as US as mine is, decided to come out of the anny way early, miss the trees between my lie and the creek and splash into the middle. Haven't gotten back the Giant I lost earlier this year at the same course despite the presence of a local disc wader, maybe the Bandit will come back. Not that my bag will be missing it all that much, I'll just stick to my Patriots for US stuff (although just a hole before, the Bandit did get me out of trouble with a solid forehand anny for a drop-in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts