• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tied for first through 36 holes. Lost in the second playoff hole. Would've been my first win but I've been working hard so I'm happy with it for sure.

Finished one under after a quick 9.

Did some putting practice beforehand, and I tell ya, that was the dealbreaker. My drives were a bit off for the first five holes, and after a mediocre upshot out of jail trees and bushes on hole 5 (drive was trash), I saved par with beautiful 35-40 foot putt.

I immediately proceeded to six where I put the drive five feet away and tapped in a birdie.

Almost birdied 9, but after a beautiful drive, my upshot with my Aviar for about 250-300 feet was way low. Need to fine tune my putter drives, but I'm still very happy with my physical game and mental game.

Keep up the putting practice everybody, hope you all shoot great rounds today!

Still battling. One area of my game improves, or is decent while the other area slacks it seems.

This week its been my long range game that has been off, where my mid to short game has saved my rounds.

I played pretty dang poorly in a tournament on Saturday. Rounds haven't been posted to PDGA but I'm guessing that maybe one of the 2 rounds rated @/above my player rating. All in all it was a mess from bad drives to 3 missed putts from 20'-30' to just general lackluster play. I didn't suck though as I was not injured during my round, that's a bonus.

i didn't play that well on the whole, but i nailed 5 putts over 60' including 2 that were almost throw-ins from about 100'. plus a few from 30-45. that felt pretty frickin' awesome.

missing most of my in-the-circle putts did not feel pretty frickin' awesome. i think i'm more comfortable at the edge and outside the circle. once i'm in, i get in my own head.

missing most of my in-the-circle putts did not feel pretty frickin' awesome. i think i'm more comfortable at the edge and outside the circle. once i'm in, i get in my own head.

I'm right there with ya Koda. My scary distance is about 19-30 ft. Inside that I'm fine and really consistant, outside that I feel confident that I can hit metal at least. The tweansies though...ugh, in my head for sure.

Played a round at Plymouth Creek with a few friends today. I took a digger on my road bike last night, was riding no handed, hit a rut, and timber. It happened fast, I threw my hand up to shield my head and hit the pavement shoulder-first. So my shoulder has some sort of bone contusion. Because of this, I threw exclusively forehand today. Shot 32 strokes. Good to know that my forehand skills have not stagnated, I have been throwing mostly backhand this season.

Played a round at Plymouth Creek with a few friends today. I took a digger on my road bike last night, was riding no handed, hit a rut, and timber. It happened fast, I threw my hand up to shield my head and hit the pavement shoulder-first. So my shoulder has some sort of bone contusion. Because of this, I threw exclusively forehand today. Shot 32 strokes. Good to know that my forehand skills have not stagnated, I have been throwing mostly backhand this season.

Like that course, haven't played it in probably 8 years though.

Today, only played 9 holes but it was good to get back playing after a several year layoff. Lost some distance on my drives, used to go about 350 down to 290ish on my tops. Hopefully the distance will come back. Putting was horrible as well but not bad for such a long time off.

Played 9 after work at Z-Boaz park in Fort Worth. Shot a +6 on the front 9, one damn double killed me. My flex forehand was on fire today, and my upshot with my Colt was amazing. Almost hit a shot from about 150 out with my colt!

Went out yesterday with a new setup to play a different layout. Bad bad bad idea. Worst round of the year. Tried not to but I was pretty frustrated and beaten up over how poorly I played. Went out today with just a putter and throwing putter and played the course again, not keeping score, just playing. Helped me shake yesterdays round and work on some kinks.

Shot 7 under at league doubles. Not bad but not as good as last week. Still, parked about 8 baskets off the tee, and missed an ace by about a foot. Made all my circle putts (except for one around a giant oak tree where the basket couldnt even be seen), but suffered from one bogey. Good night overall though.

It finally happened. After over 4 years of playing this wonderful game of ours, I FINALLY got par on a course. I beat my best score by two throws, got even par, and on the last couple holes, I was just trying to relax to make sure I didn't screw up like so many times before. What a weight off my shoulders. Now it's on to the next goal of scoring a round under par. :)

I was on my own today (Billy no mates) and played a casual round this morning at my local course, (Visalia Championship) and I played awfully, I think it was because I had no competition and couldn't rise to play at my best (which still isn't that good)

I played park leauges last night and shot my average of par. It was painful, 7 birds & 7 boges. Made some good putts including an uphill 70ish footer for 1 of the birds but then missed two 15 footers and two 25 footers. It was kinda swampy/muggy out so I wasn't super confident in my grip. I don't think it really technically affected my play, just mentally, the usual. Need get the birdie bag back in my disc bag.

It finally happened. After over 4 years of playing this wonderful game of ours, I FINALLY got par on a course. I beat my best score by two throws, got even par, and on the last couple holes, I was just trying to relax to make sure I didn't screw up like so many times before. What a weight off my shoulders. Now it's on to the next goal of scoring a round under par. :)

Congrats man! That is awesome.

Well, I threw a pretty poor round this evening overall, and didn't really get my one true wish (acing it), but my card threw star deuce on the 15th hole...my 30,000th hole played! :D

Got out to the valley with the girl, had a good time, shot pretty well. I don't drive as far since I am not practicing as much, but who cares. Came home to a couple new discs. It was a good day.

Congrats on 30k Sisyphus..

One of my better outings at AJ Jolly. Shot 60. That is +3 over signage par but I didn't get to throw at hole 2's designated basket. Threw to 17's basket instead. Had my best shot on hole 17 itself. Threw a G* Sidewinder that hzyer flipped just right. Landed five feet past the basket. Came really close to getting that one. Birdied 14 as well, so I was feeling the tunnel shots last night. Except for double bogey on 12, it was a solid night for me.

Congrats on 30k Sisyphus..

One of my better outings at AJ Jolly. Shot 60. That is +3 over signage par but I didn't get to throw at hole 2's designated basket. Threw to 17's basket instead. Had my best shot on hole 17 itself. Threw a G* Sidewinder that hzyer flipped just right. Landed five feet past the basket. Came really close to getting that one. Birdied 14 as well, so I was feeling the tunnel shots last night. Except for double bogey on 12, it was a solid night for me.

Thanks. figure about three or four more years to Diamond Stat Addict. Ya gotta be just a bit OCD, you know!

Good shooting at Jolly. For folks that don't know, signage par there is pretty legit: definitely three holes that are long enough for most folks to consider fours, and the LAKE in your head on holes 2,3,4,7 & 9! And it's really easy to bogey 12. Good shooting down the tree lanes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts