• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I got 5 strokes over my best today. I played quite a bit with my Champion Valk, and I rocked it as a newb! I was throwing better with my Valk today than my Discraft Z Heat! Most of my drives were somewhere in the 200-250 feet range. I made a beautiful 15-foot putt on hole 3 at a Torch Lake DGC. I was on the edge of the hill, slightly uphill, and just cranked it in. I was able to make roughly 80% of the way down the fairway on hole 9, which is completely surrounded by trees. I had the whole course to myself, so I spent some time practicing my putting at quite a bit of the holes. Despite the score, I was pleasantly happy and proud of my form and accuracy.

Congrats man! That is awesome.

Thanks, man. Gotta say it felt pretty good on hole 18, when my approach landed 4 feet from the basket. I had missed a birdie earlier in the round, on what should have been an routine putt, so I could have been -1. But, I'll take what I can get. :)

Liberty Christian Fellowship

Beej has organized a small league at the practice course at Liberty Christian Fellowship near Cumberland, MD http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6917. It's been going for about 10 weeks. We have 9 holes set up playing to the two baskets. About 8 people show up each week.

My daughter (just turned 11) has shown much more interest in the game since we've been playing in the league. I've even gotten her out for some practice rounds, which is awesome.
We went tonight for a fun practice round and I threw my personal best of 20, one off of the course record of 19 set by tinhorndan, who had a scorching putting round a few weeks back.

My daughter has improved from a first week 42 to a 34 this past week. She threw a 36 tonight. It's awesome to see the improvement in her... and the desire to play and compete. :)

Continuing my streak of atrocious scores, pretty much down to something wonky which has screwed up my putting out of nowhere in the last week and a half :wall: . It's "fun" having to two putt half the time from fricking 10-15 feet. Short putts are limp and low, assuming they even hit the basket, previously I was at least hitting the basket, over the last three times we've hit the course, there's been a worrying case of missing the entire fricking thing, even from that close in :mad: . Long putts (30-80 feet) on the other hand constantly keep going 20+ feet long and with the current lack of touch, makes for really piss-offy comeback putts, which don't go in more often than not.

Got in the first 18 on a farm course my friend and I have been building. Today was our first run through it with a scorecard since we have finalized the tee and pin locations. It's a pretty fun course with holes ranging from super technical 200' to wide open 700'.

I played steady today. Not great, not poor, but steady and consistent for a +4. My forehand game was on point with some of my longest drives, and best lines. I putted well, hitting all my 25' and in putts, and at least running good shots outside of that (hit the basket on 3 50' putts.) I even got closest to an ace yet on a 300' downhill hole, my disc hit the basket and tried to wedge itself in, but then just flopped underneath. 3" higher and it would have been in.

My shortcomings were really off of bad placement. I made one throwing good when I cranked over on a forehand and it just sailed left. That was my worst hole and only double bogey.

Overall pretty good round. Found a few minor edits we could do on the course as far as trimming a few branches, and mowing a little different. Played a solid round, and had fun!

Played 18 at Northpark in Fort Worth this morning, and shot my best round ever. Made my first birdie, shot a +8 which is huge improvement for me. Since starting in April, Today was the first time I felt confidence in some of my shots, and it showed in my score

I probably shot a personal best (-16) at my local course today. I've been rocking a new disc in the neutral/understable mid slot (Panther) that I'm really enjoying, it definitely made a big difference today. A reputable source told me that a perfect -18 round was shot nearly a decade ago by well known out of towner that I've yet to meet.

Life got in the way as well as a sweltering summer so I had not played since sometime last fall. Today the wife asks me if I wanted to go for a walk with her at a local park she frequently walks at in the mornings before work. And to top it off she says "You could check out the disc golf course there." :cool: Now she really had my attention. I didn't even know that this particular park had a DG course.

Turned out to be a pretty sweet little 9 holer with enough elevation change, woods/trees and mix of left right and straight holes to make it interesting. Most of the holes are marked par 4 and even one par 5 but I think they are too generous. I would give all but maybe the par 5 a rating of par 3. I think it would be a great course to introduce a newbie to the sport or to take younger kids. The distances are not too daunting and there is enough character to the course that it won't get stale quickly like a lot of 9 hole courses.

Oh... almost forgot. I ended up throwing one under which I was happy with given I haven't thrown in months and my handle is "Old Dog" for a reason. :D

I shot a 45 (-10). Course is pretty easy, but when you are hitting putts you can tear it up. My best by 3 shots. It would of been ~ 1000 rated round. I usually shoot around 49. I had 5 drop in putts. Those are always nice.

I played Mt. Zion DGC in Ironwood, Michigan for the first time today. I got two strokes over my best on a 9-hole course. I got two pars on holes 7 and 8. I missed an easy putt from 5 feet out on hole 2, and I double bogeyed hole 6. A little frustrated by that... My drives were pretty much on point. I was pleasantly happy with them. My putts, well, I still need to work on them. However, I enjoyed playing nevertheless! I got to play a new course today, so I am very happy about that!

My brother went on a 7-round winning streak against me earlier this year. Since then I've buckled down, practiced, and improved. Beat him by a stroke at our local course today. Two wins and a tie in our last three rounds there. #winning

Gaaahhh I had the most epic then frustrating round of my life at my home 9 hole course.

My putting was super, which is a great sign, I've been putting great for about a month now, so it's good to see I haven't let up. Drop in birdied no. 2, sent a beautiful 20ish foot hyzer putt around some leaves on no. 3 for birdie, gorgeous 40 footer for bird on no. 4, a sweet 20-25 footer for deuce on no. 6, and another 15-20 footer for two on no. 8.

Then on the par 4 no. 9, I threw my Star Teebird a little too straight, and instead of mildly hyzering into the middle of the wide open fairway I hit 95% of the time with almost any driver I have, I went into the trees on the right about halfway down. Try to get out - tree. Try to get out again, succeed, but with all the trees inhibiting my arm, I pulled it out over the fairway, and it turned right back into the right side trees about pin high. Deep in the poop again, I try to get a good snap out of the tree sea -- tree about 10 feet out. Stuck in tall grass; miss the putt. Tap in for double bogey.

At this point, I'm very proud of myself for not taking every disc I have and chucking them into the woods, then kicking the basket over with all my force. So what would've been a personal best on that course (5 under), I finished 3 under, crapping away the best round I've ever had at my home course. So for the most part while I played exceptional, I had at that point wished I never even came out. Went and tossed another round, which did not end up any better either.

So now that I've calmed down, I'm OK with what happened, shooting 3 under isn't bad, and all those putts I was draining was AWESOME, but I really need to work on the mental game a little more. I absolutely should've had that last hole parred at the very least. Oh well there's plenty more rounds in my life to come.

I played a round at my local course yesterday. All I can say is that it was one of my most frustrating rounds to date. Everything was working against me. Drives, awful. Putting, awful. I must have been having an off day. Only positive thing that happened was that I almost had a birdie on hole 6. I had to make a putt by about 10-15 feet, and I completely blew it. By the time I got to hole 16, things started turning up for me...slightly. My tee shot on hole 16, I threw my Champion Valk. It ended up making the first target, which is the second time this has ever happened to me (Torch Lake DGC has an added obstacle on hole 16, where you have to make one of two targets on your tee shot. If you do not, then you must add a penalty shot). Hole 18 starts off through a semi-tight fairway of trees and then opens up to a field. This hole is about 250-300 feet. I ended up throwing my Champion Valk again at the tee and landing my disc roughly 10 feet from the open field. So, I was happy about that.

After two weeks of putting up ****ty scores (all double digits), first round today, equalled my PB at the course we played, yet even that round left a sour taste. First hole, second shot off the chains. Hole nine, did my trademark #Dam, meaning perfect off the tee, only to botch the upshot and screw up a birdie chance in the process. #17, birdieputt just low, #18, 30-footer for birdie, 3-feet long is where it came down, 20-feet is what I had left and proceeded to miss that. ****ty finish "nicely" carried on to the second round, front-9 at +8 and that was all she wrote :wall: .

Played ditto farms today, long tee to red baskets. I definitely had some good throws and mostly good putts, though I did miss some must makes. Had one bogey and one birdie on the front to stay even. The back 9 I bounced off a tree on a drive and just couldn't get out of the rough after that. My drives were shorter than I'd like, especially considering the field practice I've been doing. In a field I can hit 325' pretty well, but on the course that goes down to 280-300'. Must be a mental thing. I'm gonna try and hit a solo round here once a week or every other week. It's the closest course to my house and I'd really like to consistently get par or under on it.

Ended up shooting 6 over. Not my best on that course (+2) or my worst (+14, rough day). I had some fun though!

Actually, it was yesterday, and I played Brahan Springs in Huntsville, AL for the first time. Nice course, and not as easy as the reviews led me to believe. All that practice in the field seems to be paying off, because according to DGCR calculated ratings, my -5 was 1003.
I probably should give credit to my righty thumber. Got me a few birds and saved some pars.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course.

So, it turns out when throwing solo at a mostly clear course (minor delays on the last three holes), can knock down 18 holes in an hour. More traffic on the second round so it took 90 minutes, but had I managed to beat the big pool to the first tee, would've probably hit a third round in a row, curious to see how my arm could handle it. Nothing but sun in the sky and temperatures (in the shade) in the high-60s, that's pretty darn nice for Finnish August.

Status
Not open for further replies.