• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess not to bad. +5 at Buck Creek but it was the first time I had played it also. My putting was definitely better this past week. If I could just eliminate that one or two bad holes I could definitely do better. It seems I am doing good when playing then reach an easy hole and just blow it. :doh:

Also went to Great Seal and was actually having a decent round then got kick off the course because of a suspicious package in the shelter. I told the cop that we traveled 2 hours to play this course and he didn't care. I guess I just did not see why someone would try to blow up the shelter out in the middle of nowhere!!!:wall:

Not bad at all ("today" being yesterday). I took a beat up fairway driver called a "Frisbee Disc" that I'd found on another course and decided to throw it as a joke. Proceeded to bomb the crap out of it, and even set a personal distance record on one hole. I've thrown farther, but not on that hole. We only made it through seven holes though, and had to leave. There were already two families on the course when we arrived, and then a group of 18 showed up. EIGHTEEN. It was clearly their first time playing, so not only were they all over the place, but they took over the course. They split up, and nine of them jumped to the hole in front of us, where they proceeded to stand around the fairway and basket even after they were done with the hole. Then another group of six arrived, and we were done. Noon on a summer Sunday is no time to play an easy public course with beach access...

Pretty damn inconsistent...I played a B-Tier of 3 rounds 27 holes and just couldn't put all three phases of the game together. Drives, upshots, and putting were all good and bad at different times! Ahh well great weekend and played with some real good people. Amazing course in South Lake Tahoe-Bijou. If you're up there, it's worth your time to stop and play a round...or three.

On the positive: My approach game has been quite good the last few rounds. In VERY windy conditions Saturday, I was getting right up by the basket so i don't have to hit tough windy par putts. Giving me some confidence for sure. I've also been putting quite well when i use my correct form. When I don't my putts have been floundering like a fish out of water. Must work on keeping my focus at all times when putting, and never get too comfortable.

On the negative: Quite upset with my painful shoulder. I think by working on my forehands so much, I've aggravated my old baseball injuries. Bad timing though. I need to be playing a ton this week to prepare for my next tournament, and I don't think i'll be able to do much more than putting practice all week to give it a rest. I think the days of throwing long forehands is over, i'll just keep it to shorter touch shots. Bummer as it was getting quite handy.

I played my best two rounds yesterday. My long game is really improving and I can successfully throw an anhyzer. This has been a huge help on hole 1 and 10 at my local course. Getting some distance on the drive has really helped me on holes 6 and 8. I still need to work on accuracy for my longer putts as I'll have to throw more of those now that my drive is getting longer.

Played a late round yesterday at Vista del Camino - shot -5 which is average for me and that tells the story of the round - a couple breath-taking drives, but a couple missed birdies within 30ft. Used my current 'starting lineup' and resisted the urge to throw some new plastic in to test out. This was the 1st solo round I've played in a while due to the heat, but overall it felt good. I need some work on putting before going to NM State Championships in late August.

I've tried to post this 3 times now, always to be interrupted due to family vacation responsibilities. I played a quick leaving on vacation round at a local 9 holer on Friday. A +3 round may not wow many, I made major breakthroughs which were mostly due to technique tweaks I had read about here. So thanks to the DGCR family for forwarding my game. Goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks...or how to track a RHBH vs. RHFH at least (a retriever joke for the dog folks).

Seriously, as an old Ultimate/Freestyle junkie who now needs a new knee, I'm addicted. Thanks for being an unabashed enabler DGCR 😉. Like I needed another addiction!

I played a good round for me at oak grove, I was +1, but only made one birdie, so I feel like I could easily improve on that. My brother helped me make a breakthrough with my bh form, and I was throwing 30 ft further than normal. I also found out that I'm either a spin throwing back hander, or the sidewinder is a great disc, because it did not move during the flight, I'd throw it out on a slight hyzer, and it immediately flipped to flat and just held, it was crazy

I played Mont Du Lac's Eagle's Peak course yesterday. I played ok, but consistency on drives/upshots is what is killing my game. I can birdie just about every hole out there, it's just a matter of when. Aside from that, I was putting fairly well, hitting 4 outside of 40 feet in the round.

Played 18 at River City Nature Park in DeBary. I'd consider it my "home course." Many of the holes are forehand-friendly, which is good because my forehand drive is more accurate. I threw a 62, which is +7 if you play hole 7 as a par 4 (which I did). Probably my best score there to date. I'm starting to get a feel for shaping shots to where I'm in a good place for easy birdie putts. However, my putting accuracy is drastically worse outside of 15'. I'm a push putter (maybe a "spush, idk) and it's just hard to get enough pop and spin to get a putt to go straight from 20'+ away. I had a total of 5 birdies, a new record for one round, but missed 3 more birdie putts that hit the cage, the chastity belt, or chains.

I also fell apart with two 5s and a 6 on old hole #4/new hole #10, hitting every every tree down the fairway. If I could just be consistent with the better throws that I am capable of making, I have all the tools to put together a par or under round. Frustrating.

Had my worst front 9 followed by my best back 9, which included a near ace. Hit basket. It's comforting to know that I can turn a bad round around mentally sometimes, it doesn't all need to be downhill.

been playing well lately, albeit less frequently. i cant wait for fall and having the courses to myself.
i always seem to show up a second after the group of 15 chuckers who refuse to let me play through.. i always told myself that it was good for my mental game (to not go on a killing spree) but its not the same as tourny. pressure. been playing at kaposia and hyland a lot because if you suck you will get eaten alive, and people wont even realize im playing through as they search through the jungle.

my scores are kinda weird right now because i started throwing speed 10-14 westside discs and have been getting way closer on the long holes. problem is i'm always left with 40-50 foot putts for birdie and im always gonna go for that on a 450' hole yannnoo. so rather than making touch layups for par, im constantly tryna sink the big ones. risk/ reward is a *****.

I played Milligan Park in Crawfordsville, IN in stupid rain with minimal warm-up. Shot -13 for 22 holes. It's a shorter course but has ob, water, and some difficult lines. Good times. :thmbup: Putter was rockin as always.:D

shot my best round of the year using a Comet and a putter (+2 driver shots). 44 on a course that i normally shoot ~50+ on.

one of those rounds where it felt like everything was going in.

Shot even par at The Scrapyard (Idlewild park) for the first time.

Had an emotional rollercoaser on 9, water carry. Put the Tbird into the retaining net, bounced out into the water, too deep to save. Had to retee...skipped in off the berm for a hole-in-3.

Had a couple firsts at White Cedar leagues last night.
I 3'd hole 6 long, a very tightly wooded 500 foot hole.
Lost two discs in two throws on this hole:
Hole 16 @ Mont Du Lac's White Cedar

Then while I was searching for my second shot right in the middle of the fairway, about half way up the hill, I ran into a hornets nest. Got stung twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts