• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-12 at random draw doubles to tie for 2nd place. Partner hit an ace on the playoff hole, good for the Ace pot and 2nd place.

It was a good night at leagues.

-12 at random draw doubles to tie for 2nd place. Partner hit an ace on the playoff hole, good for the Ace pot and 2nd place.

I shot -13 at same random draw dubs to beat Jax :p

They had the last laugh though.

Last edited:
+2 for the first time playing the open at my local mini. I learned a bunch, and I wouldn't change my round at all. I will be playing open next week as well. Hopefully I'll shake those nerves and put up a -8 that I know I can shoot.

Best drive on a couple of the holes, lots of easy putts missed. Just nerves. I'll throw up an ace or two next week as well. :p

first person out at hyland this year, played like garbage but teamed up with a lefty and that was super interesting to watch. ill be back tomorrow to put some scores down.

Interesting that the ace pool was still in play for a 2nd place playoff. Our club will allow it but only if the playoff is for 1st place and the win.

Won random doubles last night (a bit ridiculous how stacked my team was. Would have been surprising if we hadn't won easily) Threw well, putted well, despite a VERY rough wind. Overall a nice comeback from my crappy rounds played over the weekend. Still some rough shots, but MUCH more under control. Using what I learned by watching course record set, and was much more in control of my game.

Interesting that the ace pool was still in play for a 2nd place playoff. Our club will allow it but only if the playoff is for 1st place and the win.

I don't believe Ace Pots should be in play for playoffs of ANY kind. Since not everyone has the chance to play the extra shots, it shouldn't count. I'll have to check my leagues and see if they are in play or not.

Yes, from I have gathered, the league directors choose to play it that way because the Ace tends to pile up at this particular league due the high volume of players and the difficulty to ace at this particular course partially due to course difficulty and partially due to a lot of the baskets being old and shallow hence a lot of ace bids chain out.

Don't know whether I agree with this call on most days, but on this particular night I completely agree with the way they choose to keep the ace pot in play. :D

Yes, from I have gathered, the league directors choose to play it that way because the Ace tends to pile up at this particular league due the high volume of players and the difficulty to ace at this particular course partially due to course difficulty and partially due to a lot of the baskets being old and shallow hence a lot of ace bids chain out.

Don't know whether I agree with this call on most days, but on this particular night I completely agree with the way they choose to keep the ace pot in play. :D

I personally disagree with it because they bring out a sweet temp basket that catches everything for the playoff and set up a ~250ft temp hole. Everyone spends months dumping into the ace pot on the regular course, and then only 4-8 people throw off during a play-off on a easy temp hole... Why don't the rest of us that put in the ace pot get a chance?

This is why I never counted ace for a playoff in our league... Gotta give everyone an equal chance.

I had my best round of the year today after a two week break thanks to work, family, and weather. Shot a -8 at my home course, Maxwell Park, with a steady 15+ mph wind blowing and all the pins were finally in the longs. I think the time off did me some good.

I threw in a 100+ ft flick upshot, was absolutely crushing my drives (for me), and played bogey free! And I got to finish the day on a deuce by driving about 20 feet past the 340' 18th basket (flat ground) and drilling the putt... Might have been the best drive of my life (but with some tailwind, I will admit).

So, How Did You Play Today?

...like a spastic orangutan. :(

...like an epileptic monkey on LSD. Today, the DG gods were against me. It was a little windy, but the big gusts of wind only seemed to occur when I was throwing. I actually had a lot of chances at far putts for birdies, but the wind would either push my putter to the ground, or lift it up over the basket. It affected my drives as well.

Threw really well testing out a possible pin placement for a hole idea on the course I am trying to develop where I work (nice sentence, huh? Damn... I forgot to take photos...).

Haven't been to a course since Saturday; looking forward to playing an actual course this coming Sunday.

Couldnt get My iHeart Radio to work for half of the round yesterday... Birdied 3 holes on the front... Finally got it to work on Hole 9's pad missed 1 hole from then on out. Its Crazy what a little music can do!

I played 'meh' yesterday
-Tried a terrible pay to play course and reviewed it here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6054
-Later played solo front 9 at Grandveiw, Des Moines and was +3
-Helped with course clean up in prep for a tourney at Grandveiw and ran a weed trimmer for a couple hours
-Just had enough time before dark for the front nine and went +6 (or 7?) with the still shaky hands while stick picking up

I didn't play today, but yesterday I did. It was my second round since having knee surgery in January.

I think it went pretty well. I took my son to the course with me, and didn't bring my full bag. I brought a cPD, a cFD, a GL Pain, a beat z comet, and a classic soft judge. I thought I played fairly well considering a limited bag and still trying to kick off the rust from being pretty inactive - in terms of golfing - this calender year. Ended up at (-2) on the top course at Oakland here in town, which is good enough for me at this point. Missed some putts, duffed some shots, got some birdies...about as consistent as I could expect to be right now.

It is nice to have the feeling back that if I throw smooth I can still put a worn z comet out over 300' though. The consistency will come back pretty quickly I hope. Not playing anything in advanced this year most likely, so I can give myself time to readjust.

Played my best round of the year yesterday, and my personal best at Parmalee Park. 8 down with 1 ugly. Easy pars on the 2 longest holes (397, 313) and rode the birdie train for 4 consecutive holes. Holes 6-12 I only missed #8. Hit the front of the basket on an anhyzer from behind a tree and about 80' out :doh:

Played my best round at Moraine State Park ever today. My highlight was the legendary scenic hole 15 is usually a bogey for me ( and not always easy at that). Today I had an easy birdie on it. Can't wait to get back out

Status
Not open for further replies.